Really wish someone somewhere would sit down and make

a/ Mags that are light weight, and do not leak..........!!

b/ Mags that are light weight and can take a Co2 powerlet.

Pro-Win was in the process of making option A but they flaked out on us. We haven't heard of anything since July.

Option B is prefered by me though.

I want a magazine that uses a stamped steel outer shell(like GHK) that takes CO2 cartridges and weighs no more than 400 grams.

-Luis

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've solved my problem, atleast one, and that is the gas venting.

i realized that the upper wasnt properly aligned with the lower, well... basicly the the the nozzle didnt puick up the BB correctly, instead it crashed into the thing that holds the bb on the mag (just a tiny bit thou) and thus ludged the BB into the wrong place.

I alligned it better with some filing and spacers on the front pin, and now it works.

thanks for the respons.

hi guys, just got my ACM M4 in, at first it was chrono'ing at around 100fps on Green with the stock mag!!! the occasional one would come out around 450fps!!! Now the stock mag is just pissing gas so can't fill up. Not had anytime to take apart and learn more but will, any suggestions on what to do first, got another mag in the post :-) Cheers

most likely cause for your low FPS is the positive pressure system being used in the ACM nozzle (either on its own or in combo with a greasy hop rubber)

positive pressure - the flute valve inside the nozzle is held forwards in the closed position with a spring that sits behind it - the pressure of a BB sat in front of it is what should then hold it open to route gas for firing

you chamber a BB - if it sits slightly too far forwards then theres nothing to act against the flute valves spring and push the flute valve open

if you have a greasy hop rubber theres no grip on the BB as its being fed into the chamber , likewise if you dial the hop back to zero - both of those can see the BB allowed to seat too far forwards on loading

I'd use a cotton bud to gently swab the hop from the breech side to try and remove any grease then apply a little hop and see how it goes. Chances are it could still be pretty craptastic as PPS isnt all that great, in which case convert the nozzle assembly over to negative pressure system

in the negative setup the flute valve gets pushed back into the open position by its spring, so it doesnt extend from the nozzle and doesnt rely on BB pushing against it to hold it open for successful firing cycle

I'll have a look see if the ACM nozzle parts can be rejiggled into negative config failing that a thrd party nozzle assembly like the AGM one that comes in negative setup would do the trick

Edited by snorkelman

Thanks snorkel, to adjust the hopup you need to split open the receiver? Can't easily see where you can adjust anything through the ejection port. Also I just noticed on the ACM that part of the loading nozzle has snapped off, a 2cm prong!! The port cover is also missing it's spring so it won't close and the fore sight has a crack in it. All fixable I'm sure.

Thanks snorkel, to adjust the hopup you need to split open the receiver? Can't easily see where you can adjust anything through the ejection port. Also I just noticed on the ACM that part of the loading nozzle has snapped off, a 2cm prong!! The port cover is also missing it's spring so it won't close and the fore sight has a crack in it. All fixable I'm sure.

pull back the delta ring and take off the lower ris panel and you can access the hop adjuster drum theres a slot cut in the base of the outer barrel that lets you access it

to swab the hop rubber knock the rear take down pin out of the way withdraw the bolt carrier and have at it with a cotton bud thru the ejection port

do you mean the long square profile plastic part under the loading nozzle assembly - if so thats the bb pickup that strips BB from the mag by sounds of it you need a new loading nozzle assembly

PM me regarding any bits n bob I should have spare front sight and loading nozzle knocking around if you're stuck probably an ejection port cover spring too

Well had the completely stock ACM M4 at a skirmish today (~2 degrees C) and it performed not too badly for a while, some hand warmer pads taped to the mag helped a little and cycling the mags every half dozen shots worked for a time.

Maybe a couple of hundred rounds through it today before I went back to my AEG because the mags were too cold.

Temperature aside if performed well and shot accurately the hop needs looked at as it didn't seem to make much difference where it was set but was on none the less.

Pleased with how it went as a shake down.

Does anyone know for shure which aftermarket buffer tubes fit the AGM body besides the AGM one? (that is sold out every where iv'e looked).

The AGM:s threading on mine was mushed from det factory, probably due to the wax like aluminum used.

So another brand is preferred if any matching exist.

Does anyone know for shure which aftermarket buffer tubes fit the AGM body besides the AGM one? (that is sold out every where iv'e looked).

The AGM:s threading on mine was mushed from det factory, probably due to the wax like aluminum used.

So another brand is preferred if any matching exist.

The AGM buffer tube is proprietary. The AGM lower receiver will ONLY take AGM buffer tubes.

You will either have to:

- Wait until they get them in stock, which is questionable since the AGM factory got shut down. There are chances of it reopening though.

- Get a new lower receiver that accepts real buffer tubes.

-Luis

Did a bit of work today fitted 5KU anti rotation links (man the wee allen head screws are soft) and a Knights type trigger guard. Also noticed that the return lip of the hop up chamber has a few chips out of it must have had a couple of double feeds yesterday, luckily the nozzle looks undamaged.

Just waiting on my burst kit to arrive, should really have waited till then to fit the rotation links but only thought about that after.

3rd option for a buffer tube would be to get someone to thread you one from mild steel tube, pretty sure the thread dimensions are somewhere in the thread (probably around sometime in July) only other issue is that you'ld need toget them to fabricate a new multiposition stock block for under the tube too as you need it in carbine config (chap who posted the thread dimensions was fabbing a tube for a fixed stock rifle)

if you go with a new lower you'ld really need to buy it along with an upper as theres very few 'cross manufacturer' pairings of upper and lower that work on the WA platform most manufac do their own thing with the dimensions of the receiver tabs

I scored an AGM M4 with two RA Tech mags in a trade. It needs a new bolt catch which will be easy to get.

I was also thinking of getting one of the china clone burst trigger kits and a NPAS, and a new bolt carrier.

Are there any reccomendations on clone bolt carriers? I was looking at ebaybanned and there was a new element bolt carrier, has anyone had experince with this?

I scored an AGM M4 with two RA Tech mags in a trade.

Ugh...

As far as I know, RA-Tech has not released the mags that they promised a while ago..... Are you sure??

As far as carriers go, here they are:

ROF and Gas efficiency:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/element-ex100-alu...ier-p-2596.html

http://www.ebairsoft.com/aluminum-bolt-car...tor-p-2597.html review:

Durability(but you sacrifice ROF and consume more gas:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/taiwan-steel-bolt...zle-p-2525.html review:

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?...oducts_id=11156

Please feel free to PM me if you need more advice.

Thanks,

-Luis

Well had the completely stock ACM M4 at a skirmish today (~2 degrees C) and it performed not too badly for a while, some hand warmer pads taped to the mag helped a little and cycling the mags every half dozen shots worked for a time.

Maybe a couple of hundred rounds through it today before I went back to my AEG because the mags were too cold.

Temperature aside if performed well and shot accurately the hop needs looked at as it didn't seem to make much difference where it was set but was on none the less.

Pleased with how it went as a shake down.

nice! why we dont make the review for the ACM in a new post? and let the AGM review post for the AGM stuff..

Today I got my Airsoft Innovations Duster Adapter and gassed up a mag, only to find out it came out on the other side. Apparently the nozzle on the top was stil open. Gave it a nudge and it's fine. Didn't notice a leak in the two AGM mags, only a little when I just filled it. It fires nicely on semi and the cycle is a little sluggish but ok. This is all on duster gas, mind you. I'm already in love with the rifle and I've only emptied a mag in the garden in the dark.

Apparently you can't search for 3-letter words so I can't find anything on supported RIS or RAS upgrades.

Anyway: which RIS/RAS's will fit on the standard M4A1, the one with the plastic handguard ? Without changing receivers or outer barrels and such. I'm loving this look, without the handle though:

vfc_aeg_sr15e3iws_m.jpg

Also, today I fired about 6 or 7 mags, some with Duster gas, some with Green gas. A few things I noticed with my rifle:

- not enough hopup applied

- sometimes the bolt carrier only moves half way when using the bolt stop button

- full auto goes from a high ROF (~10 bps) to a low ROF (~3 bps) after a few rounds on Duster and Green gas

- I need to refill gas after about half a magazine (normal ?)

So I'm going to need to replace the hopup, maybe best to replace the nozzle too, both from the same material (steel or aluminium). But what explains the bolt carrier stopping half way and the gas spending ?