• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently you can't search for 3-letter words so I can't find anything on supported RIS or RAS upgrades.

Anyway: which RIS/RAS's will fit on the standard AGM M4A1, the one with the plastic handguard ? Without changing receivers or outer barrels and such. I'm loving this look, without the handle though:

vfc_aeg_sr15e3iws_m.jpg

Anyone ?

Edited by Phuncz

speculation on my part as I haven't fitted that setup to confirm one way or the other, but:

1 I'd expect issues with level of the top rail versus the upper on the rifle (which is going to be all the more noticable on that style of front set where one is meant to be a seamless extension of the other)

2 using the barrel nut supplied with that front end you'ld most likely need to move over to a thin shouldered barrel, and away from the thick shouldered WA style barrel that AGM use on the 061/062 models

if you opt to go the other way i.e. a standard KA RIS where normal AR delta ring is used, then you'ld likely just have to grind off the two knobbly bits on front face of the AGM delta ring, and dump the original AGM 061 undersized plastic end cap in favour of a conventional pressed metal one as I *think* that's all the mods required to get that sort to fit

Hmm basically there is no easy way... Thx for the advice. I'm actually thinking about a G&P Front set for WA rifles, would that be a better bet to start with ? I actually destroyed the black spring thingy between the barrel nut and the delta ring, so I'd better be off with a RIS/RAS that doesn't need it.

I compared the barrel nut from my JG M4 AEG and the AGM M4 GBBR, also tried the RAS from the JG on it. Indeed, it didn't line up but also moved about freely. Bummer.

does anyone have any idea where I could get hold of a replacement Npas adjustment key ?

I picked up my AGM M4 today but stored the npas key somewhere safe and now can't remember which safe place in my kit I put it

Cancel my last transmission , I just found it in my Guarders case :P

It still might be useful for folks to know where spares can be bought though

Edited by 1st Commando
still no news about the avaibility of this?

http://www.brotherprice.com/ebphoto/aabb%2...um%20nozzel.jpg

No, but I noticed if you go and click on the "reviews" on Ebaybanned there is a button that says "Add to Cart" or something along those lines that you can add it to your cart :P I'm not sure if they will then send one off or not :(

Thats the only aluminum loading nozzle I could find other than the RA-Tech one, that wasnt extortionately priced or included a full bolt carrier...

I was talking with snorkleman a few weeks ago about the ACM M4 GBB and this was one of the upgrades on that list, it seems that I will be using the stock ACM loading nozzle untill either this comes out or another inexpensive one does.

I could not find that air nozzle on any other webpage either :(

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper
Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried this rifle (rifle design) with the aeg hopup that you can get and a TK twist barrel. I imagine it would do the shot to shot consistency of the rifle some good.

The TK twist barrel will not work well if your rifle shoots over 330fps, they were designed for japans low fps limits and anything over 330fps will suck, considering that most GBB shoot quite hot, its gonna suck big time!

The TK twist barrel will not work well if your rifle shoots over 330fps, they were designed for japans low fps limits and anything over 330fps will suck, considering that most GBB shoot quite hot, its gonna suck big time!

Yeah, well said.

It's meant to help low-fps guns achieve the most effective range and accuracy.

-Luis

Anyone fitted a barrel mounted 203 to an 061 by any chance? I quite like the look of the Dboys version with the quick release front mount, but the CA launcher I have doesn't fit anywhere near so I'm a little hesitant.

i have managed to fit a KA one to my one (but i had to remove the front sight then slide on the m203, then slide the sight on, also the handguards will need a bit cutting out of them.

I had to remove it because the barrel fell off (AGM poor quality), once i fix the barrel ill put it on and show a pic.

<_< Rifled barrels are not just for below 330fps they should improve accuracy and range regardless of muzzle velocity.

Yes and many people, including myself have used one on their aeg's and have found that, unless the fps is around 1J< then the accuracy is crappy. A smooth spherical bb travelling through a rifled barrel will not achieve that great accuracy, its a bb not a bullet! Nice idea but not really practical for a bb, hence why not everyone's using them?!