• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much have you spent on it so far? :P

Do the receivers have any wobble or gaps?

Here's what I've spent excluding externals and mags.

-Gun $182

-5KU Rear-Adjust AEG Hop-up Chamber $20

-5KU PRI Gas Buster Charging Handle $20

-6.03mm Tightbore $20

-Recoil Springs $4

-Buffer tube recoil spacers $5

Total so far on the gun only is $251. It is working fine in stock form but the nozzle will give out soon, no biggie.

I still need about $100 in upgrades and I'll be good to go. Heck I only need about $40 in upgrades since a steel Element carrier is just a luxury.

And the upper and lower receivers have NO gaps and there is ZERO wobble. I actually need to use a wooden punch and manual force to push out the rear takedown pin. ;)

-Luis

Edited by Luis21
So I am finally getting around to fixing up my AGM M4, where's the best place to get those parts? I want my parts fairly quickly so I don't want EBB.

http://www.px-airsoft.com/index.do

Ive ordered from them from time to time, they are really fast.

but not the same quantity of products as EBB.

I'm sure there are plenty of other web shops for WA parts.

Hello all,

Tried the search and tried to read this thread ( 105 pages in total at this time), but did not find my desired search result.

Does the AGM M4 GBBR take Co2 mags? What make are there?

Links to webshop is much appreciated.

Cheers

-Hessu-

Ok guys I bought into the AGM right at the start, however quickly give up and its been in its box for months- The reasons was down to useless mags & after reviewing the other makes, they all appeared seriously flawed.

Ok my question...... Has the Pro win fixed this? I got 4 AGM mags v1 & v2 all leaked like mad, The GHK & bombers were getting mixed reviews and at £50 a pop and needing fixed from new. I left it, But the Idea of a working GGB M4 still appeals

Whats the thought on the pro win's for the AGM, any good

Edited by jonny2400

Forgive me, but I'd rather ask and risk being berated than sift through 105 pages of material. ;)

How have the AGMs held up over time? Say... 5-10k+ cycles? 20k? 30k?

What parts are wearing out or need immediate replacement?

I am looking at buying this. http://en.ratech.com.tw/product/rag/ra_cus...ustome_work.php

Comes with:

* RA-TECH M4 HopUp Chamber (Parity version)

* NPAS kit

* free shipping

* extra gift : Inokatsu original steel complete bolt

What else would I need to get it reliable and accurate to 150-175feet ( ~2 foot groupings)?

RAG-WA-bolt-007?

RAG-WA-trigger set-001?

I read the inner barrel was actually decent enough for 150+foot range. Any other experiences to back this up?

Edit: And also, what is wrong with GasGuns.info's forums...? Off topic, but I am trying to research and can't get their forums up

Edited by The_AUGfather
You would need to get steel internals, like a steel sear, hammer, selector, and pins, if you plan to use the steel bolt carrier, as it puts much more stress on the internals.

Trust me, I've learned it the hard way. :P

Thanks for the fast reply! Is there a cheaper alternative (of the same or similar quality) if I bought ACM parts?

I'd be running GG or Propane+silicone-oil

I read that Element and other Chinese manufacturers jumped in the game with RAtech... I read about $8 NPASs (hah no thanks!) and cheap boltstops so I'm hoping there are cheap alternatives to the trigger-group-parts.

I am trying to budget everything (AGM M4 with solid internals, good accuracy (2' grouping @ 150-200') and 5x ProWin mags for under $500 if possible)

I'd consider buying used too if anyone is selling parts or has buddies who are :P

No problem! I'm running propane too and all ACM parts right now.

I have a 5KU hop up, 5KU NPAS, which works flawlessly, Element Steel Selector, and Element Steel Sear. I'm getting the Element steel bearing hammer soon. Go for the steel bolt stop. My ACM one has no wear so far, and I've had it for 5 months.

If you want a 2" tight grouping, I'd get an AEG hop up with a SCS nub or just get a tightbore as the RA-Tech hop up should be good enough.

I'd wouldn't use the NPAS, but instead the INO nozzle, for consistency's sake. It's cool to be able to adjust, but it's not really necessary. You also get me recoil with the INO bolt. :D

EDIT: You might also want to stick with a plastic buffer and add in a reinforced recoil spring as well as a aftermarket charging handle to prevent stock tube breakage, because there were many reports incidents of that happening, and replacements are hard to find unless you buy another receiver set.

Edited by vilerk

Thanks for the advice!

How many cycles do you estimate you've put it through in 5 months? Or how many rounds a weekend do you go thru?

To anyone who has owned both: Hows the AGM with upgrades compare to the KJW?

In your edit you mentioned getting an INO nozzle and bolt, is there a place where i could get ALL the steel items (the ones you mentioned) and the INO parts?

And the stock tube is plastic...? Will an ACM UBR stock tube (GBB version) fit the AGM lower?

I've put around 1000 rounds into it. The RA-Tech AGM package comes with the INO bolt doesn't it? The INO bolt is probably the JDT one.

You should be able to find all the steel parts at most Hong Kong retailers.

The stock tube is pot metal. The AGM has proprietary threads, so no other stock tubes will fit.

I'd wouldn't use the NPAS, but instead the INO nozzle, for consistency's sake. It's cool to be able to adjust, but it's not really necessary. You also get me recoil with the INO bolt. :D

I disagree entirely, everyone should own a adjustable npas for their GBBr, these guns can shoot crazy fps' and need to be regulated accordingly to the field in which you play.

If you stick in a new inner barrel which is 6.03 or 6.01, the fps will drastically go up and possibly make the gun unuseable on your field!! But with the npas, you can easily adjust it to what you want and then if you wanted, put on a few drops of thread lock it to keep it at the same fps for evar!!

On the other hand you can adjust it up higher to make a sniper based platform, just something you cant do with a fixed npas like the inokatsu one

Mines gone through 10000 rounds, (2,5 bags of bb's) and the parts I've changed was steel bolt stop, the original cracked at about 1000rounds, and changed the bolt carrier to a JDT one at about 8000 rounds... so far no problems, and I've got 2 AGM mags which I've fixed and sealed with some sealant, and 2 Bomber mags which has worked flawlessly from the day I bought them.

Everything else is stock,the hop up is standard on mine, just fixed it and made a small hop up nub from some o-ring...

The only extra bit was the GnP Ambi selector and GnP Anti rotation link, but it was mainly for looks...

The first part that broke on mine was the bolt stop after 1000 shots or so. I then sheared the back off the bolt and nozzle a couple thousand rounds later. But IIRC, it my rifle jammed which was to blame for that.

So far I have replaced the bolt stop base + bolt stop, bolt, and bolt carrier. IIRC, I replaced the hop up nub with some wiring and it's working good for now. I'll just wait until it breaks before I replace it. The hammer and seer have some wear on it and I'll probably replace that next.

The main thing I think is finding quality magazines.

Edited by Badly Browned
Prowin Mags?............... Any good?

They are one of the best for the price if you have access to a file, grease, and hard work. :D

EDIT:Oh, and also patience.

Although there are some reports of it working straight out of the box.

Edited by vilerk
They are one of the best for the price if you have access to a file, grease, and hard work. :D

EDIT:Oh, and also patience.

Although there are some reports of it working straight out of the box.

I take it they are a tight fit. I had to work the inside of my mag well any way, as my AGM mags would go in and not come out.

Being trying to find a review, but can't find any. Do they leak and hows cool down on Full auto

Mine leaks. It came with damaged O-rings due to excessive metal flash inside. It's a bit of a hassle. In the end, after I got it holding gas it doesn't perform well. I probably need to try out different gas route buckings, but if I need to pay $80+ per mag, and disassemble, clean and seal the mags then I might as well use WA/G&P/Bomber. I might give the Pro-Win another try in 6 months or so.