Only a week? It'll probably be near a month before it arrives, based on my past dealings with them.

And I'm tempted by this particular GBB, having recently acquired a WE. Though I really shouldn't spend more money

You should go with the WA system they kick alot harder than the WE system plus you get the realistic bolt!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hey there RA-tech I have a question. I want to buy an AGM GBB M4 some day, for upgrades I plan on getting a G&P Metal Hop-up and Barrel Combo, your RA-tech full NPAS Bolt Silver (260USD version), I know I need a few other things. What would you suggest for me to get? without breaking the bank that is."

The guy told me that those few things was all I needed to make the gun better. I of course know that I need to get stronger pins (Hammer pin and such) , and replace whatever else that is plastic to metal.

I can't bring myself to spend that much on parts for a clone gun. I'm sure I will eventually; but for now all I want is some basic "skirmishability" and reliability on propane.

If I went with this part for $60 and waited for the clone metal bolt; what should I do about the nozzle? Do I even need the NPAS if I'm OK with the current FPS?

So far I'm ordering the gun, a cheap metal hopup and a few GHK mags. I'd like to get it from Ehobby but they don't have the RIS model--can I fit any old rail system or does it have to be made for the WA?

I can't bring myself to spend that much on parts for a clone gun. I'm sure I will eventually; but for now all I want is some basic "skirmishability" and reliability on propane.

Forget the parts. I'm bummed that for 6 magazines I'm going to have to spend more money than the gun itself. :angry2:

I wish I had a machine to clone my own mags.......

-Luis

Where I am from, an extended hicap Para Ord 14.45 mag cost 1/4 of the gun itself.

I think the AGM mags are a bargain, a lot better than the plastic fantastic WA and its mags. $50-100US for a mag is ridiculous.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
Where I am from, an extended hicap Para Ord 14.45 mag cost 1/4 of the gun itself.

I think the AGM mags are a bargain, a lot better than the plastic fantastic WA and its mags. $50-100US for a mag is ridiculous.

Yeah I know it's a good deal, the AGM mags are about 1/6 of the gun itself. However with my AEG the mags are like 1/18 of the gun...... Think about it.

Oh yeah and I also need to buy an AI Gas gun kit which is another $25....

-Luis

Edited by Luis21
Forget the parts. I'm bummed that for 6 magazines I'm going to have to spend more money than the gun itself. :angry2:

I wish I had a machine to clone my own mags.......

-Luis

well you should have asked the shop to charge you 300 for the gun then.. would that make you feel better about cost of the mags? :P

well you should have asked the shop to charge you 300 for the gun then.. would that make you feel better about cost of the mags? :P

You know what. That's exactly what I'm going to do. ;)

EDIT: I just got a quote from WGC Shop regarding an order of 7 AGM M4 GBB mags. The total without shipping is $175, shipping is $71. The total shipped using regular airmail w/o tracking number is $246 for 7 mags. I'm in San Diego, right on the west coast so it might be more to get them to you east coast people.

Just a heads up. The price are very comparable to the EBB price of $109 per 3 mags. However you'll have to email Paul and ask for a custom order in order to buy 7 mags off EBB.

BTW, I didn't nor am I planning to buy the mags off WGC shop. It was done to compare prices.

Thanks,

-Luis

Edited by Luis21

At least you can specify EMS shipping instead of EBB sitting on your order for two weeks then shuffling it out via air mail. Ehobby has the mag listed for $18 (currently out of stock), but thanks to the bloated weight they're about $37 each shipped. Factor in another $7-9 each for a seal kit, plus the hassle of installing it--and the $50 GHK mags start to look pretty good.

Anyone else have the AGM mags in stock?

I managed to contact Paul he got offended when i said i was angry with his service ( i was his first customer when he was called sunny side airsoft on ebay, hence when he got banned for selling fake crye Ebaybanned)

He personaly got mine set a few hours after the e mail :)

Now lets pray it dont get raped by customs

As for mags and NPAS get it direct from RAtech the mags are $50 each but are better than the AGM ones, no problems what so ever, when you order the npas and mags they will send it via airmail EMS insured free of charge ! (spend over $200)

NPAS =$80

Mags=$50

I am a bit low on cash so i will order it at the end of the month

If I went with this part for $60 and waited for the clone metal bolt; what should I do about the nozzle? Do I even need the NPAS if I'm OK with the current FPS?

So far I'm ordering the gun, a cheap metal hopup and a few GHK mags. I'd like to get it from Ehobby but they don't have the RIS model--can I fit any old rail system or does it have to be made for the WA?

Well for me, I use propane. So I don't want to bust the gun. I found a hop-up unit on redwolf that allows me to use a AEG barrel with this gun. I plan on getting that so I can put my Systema BS Barrel in there.

I would totally spend that amount on a cheaper gun to bring it above par for less then the price of the higher priced brand. It makes sense to do that instead of buying the WA... and then from 600 dollars pay another $2,000 to make it able to be durable (Metal Body, Internals, ect.) Where as for $200 you get the gun. From there you already have a sturdy gun, and the next thing to do it upgrade the internals, that would be anywhere from $300 to $600. Then you have a skirmisheable gun for about 1/3 or 1/2 of the price that it cost to buying the WA. So I think it is reasonable. Just think about how much money we waiste every day... lol. When I buy an Airsoft Gun I compare it to the real steel. If I buy a WA for 600 dollars and then spend SOOOoo much money on upgrades that the guns value goes up to around $2000... for goodness sakes... I would have really wished I bought a real steel... lol because it would have still costed less then that.

Edited by stickyittoyou
I managed to contact Paul he got offended when i said i was angry with his service ( i was his first customer when he was called sunny side airsoft on ebay, hence when he got banned for selling fake crye Ebaybanned)

He personaly got mine set a few hours after the e mail :)

Now lets pray it dont get raped by customs

As for mags and NPAS get it direct from RAtech the mags are $50 each but are better than the AGM ones, no problems what so ever, when you order the npas and mags they will send it via airmail EMS insured free of charge ! (spend over $200)

NPAS =$80

Mags=$50

I am a bit low on cash so i will order it at the end of the month

Way to make friends with the locals... lol Yeah I wish I could have gotten in touch with him about my DD Mk18 Rail... Oh well.

where to find those parts? more info?

Yeah, seen them in local shops here Hong Kong for dirt cheap. I have also seen the first spare mags here for just US$22, but I would refrain from buying them, because they are the first gen mags. The new second gen mags come with the RIS version and don't leak anymore.

The RIS is made of metal and numbered and lettered but has KAC trademarks on the inside only. It's easy to disassemble and re-assemble. Besides the KAC wordings the inside of the RIS also features the AGM logo and some other instruction markings. Included are four rail covers without any trademarks. The lower part of the RIS has the shiny metal heat shield.

Here is a photo:

73f2f0da.jpg

Edited by KWP
Apart from Ebaybanned, where can one buy the RIS version? So the RIS version comes with better mags?

My above photo shows the standard GI issue Knight's Armament RIS, not the fancy Daniel Defense one.

Yes, the second gen mags are included with this KAC style RIS version and don't seem to leak.

I suggest to not buy any AGM spare mags that you may see somewhere at the moment, they are said to be all first gen mags.

Edit: Oh, didn't notice the inside actually has KAC markings, although I'm not sure if the real deal actually has them and in that place.

Couple more pics:

Photo 1/2:

1414c6e4.jpg

Photo 2/2:

7e74acf2.jpg

Edited by KWP

do u think the 2nd gen mags can hold a charge of propane more reliably?

its the only thing holding me back from purchasing

also, i was wonderingm if i bought the prime or pro-win hopup, can I use aeg hopup rubbers/h-nubbins also?

Oh god, here we go... :rolleyes:

1st gen this, 2nd gen that.

Are we sure there are different types of mag?

Can we see some side by side pictures of the old mags and the "new" ones that show the differences?

That's what the local shops here told me and if a couple of shops say the same, it should be reliable.

Also, the mag that came with my first AGM was so terribly leaking you could even hear it hissing when filled with green gas.

The mag included with the KAC RIS version remained silent. Will do more testing tomorrow.

Edited by KWP