• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mag that came with the RIS version doesn't leak at all so they must have done something, most likely just replaced the o-rings.

Regarding EBB, it seems efficient from previous experience to send them a polite email asking can they send you the tracking number for your purchase so you can get the package through customs easier.

@Kojak, I doubt you can get regular airsoft rails to fit it.

full set of internal gubbins now ordered, girl over at RA-tech was nice enough to go source some inokatsu steel bits n bobbles I was after on a 'If you're happy enough to modify them then dont blame me if they dont fit' basis, so no need to shove a seperate order into WGC for those.

still cant decide on the damn externals.. I figure best bet is just to get it all up and running in the AGM receiver first and take it from there

Mag wise Ive stuck a GHK one on the RA-T order to take a look at but going to keep my options open rather than comit to a bundle of mags (I dont really fancy the weight of the AGM ones)

Cant help wondering what approach dboys will take if their rumoured rival WA-M4 clone also sees light of day - with their tie in with GHK for their blowback AK perhaps they'll go with a version of GHKs mag design.

Edited by snorkelman

Inner barrel length is a full length 14.5" barrel

Outer barrel is one piece hard aluminium alloy, Lathed and CNC'ed, then anodised? Its probably the best looking and straightest airsoft barrel I have seen in a while. You are literally buying the gun for the barrel. :P

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
Well for me, I use propane. So I don't want to bust the gun. I found a hop-up unit on redwolf that allows me to use a AEG barrel with this gun. I plan on getting that so I can put my Systema BS Barrel in there.

I would totally spend that amount on a cheaper gun to bring it above par for less then the price of the higher priced brand. It makes sense to do that instead of buying the WA... and then from 600 dollars pay another $2,000 to make it able to be durable (Metal Body, Internals, ect.) Where as for $200 you get the gun. From there you already have a sturdy gun, and the next thing to do it upgrade the internals, that would be anywhere from $300 to $600. Then you have a skirmisheable gun for about 1/3 or 1/2 of the price that it cost to buying the WA. So I think it is reasonable. Just think about how much money we waiste every day... lol. When I buy an Airsoft Gun I compare it to the real steel. If I buy a WA for 600 dollars and then spend SOOOoo much money on upgrades that the guns value goes up to around $2000... for goodness sakes... I would have really wished I bought a real steel... lol because it would have still costed less then that.

I realize that the gun is going to cost me several times the purchase price in the long run, but for now I just want the parts on hand to keep it running on propane while I get used to a gasgun. I will definitely want the AEG compatible hopup unit/tightbore and every other worthwhile internal upgrade IF I end up using this gun for games, but I'm trying to keep it as basic as possible for starters. Hence the $12 metal hopup and Chinese bolt.

With that in mind, how should I upgrade the nozzle and any other prone-to-breaking part? I can do without the NPAS for the moment since 400-450 FPS is the norm where I play.

I doubt you need the bolt carrier, the original is already made of metal.

Well, I was just taking note to some pictures of someones bolt at around 7K rounds. It had a nice spot that had been worn down A LOT and would get caught on the bolt catch (Like that part realy needs anymore needless wear and tear). I just want something that wont over time snag up the inside of the gun.

I realize that the gun is going to cost me several times the purchase price in the long run, but for now I just want the parts on hand to keep it running on propane while I get used to a gasgun. I will definitely want the AEG compatible hopup unit/tightbore and every other worthwhile internal upgrade IF I end up using this gun for games, but I'm trying to keep it as basic as possible for starters. Hence the $12 metal hopup and Chinese bolt.

With that in mind, how should I upgrade the nozzle and any other prone-to-breaking part? I can do without the NPAS for the moment since 400-450 FPS is the norm where I play.

I wouldn't go with a metal nozzle since it would damage the BB's upon hitting them. I think that an aluminum bolt face is a must when it comes to propane. I myself am out to prove a point about lower priced guns, that the bias people who think everyone should go for name brand products instead of going cheap and then paying less then them to get a better gun is the smarter way to go.

As for the parts, here is my complete list that I made up of purchasing. Everything from Redwolf has the shipping quote for me.

AGM M4A1 Gas Blow-back Rifle

Initial Pricing (Rifle only) - $198.00

RAS Version - $178.00 (Shipped from EBB)

Total Pricing (EBB) - $178.00

Total Pricing (EHobbyAsia) -

Required Upgrades

PGC Hop Up Kit for Western Arms (WA) M4 Series $67.40

RA-TECH N.P.A.S Complete bolt - Silver -$260

G&P Aluminum Buffer for Western Arms (WA) M4A1 Series - $37.90

Total Pricing (Upgrades) - $365.30

My mag that came with the RIS version doesn't leak at all so they must have done something, most likely just replaced the o-rings.

Regarding EBB, it seems efficient from previous experience to send them a polite email asking can they send you the tracking number for your purchase so you can get the package through customs easier.

@Kojak, I doubt you can get regular airsoft rails to fit it.

The UTG RIS rail will work, it's meant for the real steel...

Gotcha. I'm just curious though...do the AGM mags have a nub or button that allows the gun to dry fire, like the WE mags? I'm wondering if the reason why people aren't having any luck with their bolts locking back is because of that nub, and simply pushing it the other way or on/off will let the bolt lock back again.

Thanks a ton for the photos KWP!!!! I really appreciate them. I can't wait for the DBoys and JG GBBrs(if they're even making them). Those photos convinced me. I'm going with the AGM 062.

Thanks,

-Luis

No problem, I'm just quite impressed myself and want to share the experience.

Here's a new video showing the RIS version:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

ok guy's, i've been reading through this thread as i'm looking for a new weapon. Just getting back into airsoft after a while off. What kind of temperatures can this gun run reliably at? Can any of the UK guy's tell me if they think it's going to be skirmish-able?

Obdviously this is very much a milsim weapon which is my style anyway so i don't need a "hose" but something that could put out single shots every time and 5-10 rounds at times without slowing right down would be ideal.

Ive had countless amounts of aeg's, upgraded them, custom builds etc but never a gbb rifle so i apologize for my lack of knowledge on them.

Thanks

Hugh

Mine is having the opposite problem of yours, my bolt goes back all the way but the latch is too tight to engage. I believe CRW airsoft figured out a way to fix it but they have yet to post a youtube vid of it. Also RATech makes a replacement bolt/bolt catch that might work better.

is the ra tech complete bolt required as an upgrade since the stock bolt is already metal?

anybody have the 2roy pom cylinder?

anyone know where to get one?

i want to grab this to replace the the stock cylinder with this then drop a npas into that

does anyone think this is a good idea?