the website description said it only works with the RA tech parts

On their site, look at RA-TECH Gas Series -> RAG WA series, and the first item is "Plastic Nozzle with tool adjust NPAS set (For INO, WA, G&P)." I would imagine that's the one you want. You can also contact the RA-Tech people directly via email or at the GGI forum.

DarkLite:

So is the AGM lighter than the G&P WOC in similar configuration? Point 2 would lead me to think so?

Edited by slu
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DarkLite:

So is the AGM lighter than the G&P WOC in similar configuration? Point 2 would lead me to think so?

I can't say. The G&P I had a go with was RISRAS'd up the chuff. The AGM I had a go with was the standard M4a1 model, no RIS.

Well just recieved my AGM today (live in US). Ordered from Ehobbyasia.com on Sunday. Came alot quicker than I expected, 3 days from China, wow!

The Good....

Gun looks good! Recoil harder thad I expect on green gas.

This is my first airsoft gun so I dont have any airsoft to compare to, however I do own a RS carbine. I can confirm the buffer tube is mil-spec and just for ships and giggles my AGM is now wearing my Magul CTR adj stock that I mometarily pulled from my AR.

As I stated the recoil is harder than I thought it would but of course softer than a 5.56 round. But at the same time the AGM recoils harder the my AR does when I'm firing .22lr from my AR with my 22 drop-in conversion bolt. So the recoil on the AGM is pretty much between the 5.56 and .22 with just a hair closer to the 5.56 side.

I haven't had much time to test out the performance so I cant comment much yet. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to test her out hard core.

now the Bad...

First complaint... For the life of me I can not get the bolt catch to work. I set the mag switch both forward and back but the catch will not hold the bolt either way. It looks the maybe either the lever on the mag that pushes up the bolt catch button has a weak spring or that there is a little spring button that is hanging up the bolt catch????

Delta-ring loose... easy fix :D

no gas tube. :(

no metal heat shields under the hand gaurds. (thought I saw somewhere that they did)?

loose buffer tube nut... easy fix :D

forward assist button does work but does not push this bolt forward.

... All of these bads are easily fixable or over-lookable. I keep reminding myself $122.00 plus shipping which I still consider to be a great deal. She looks like alot of fun. I couldn't resist a few fill ups of dry firing.

If anyone has any advice on my bolt catch delima please help. Thx

Edited by dykefish
Stupid question, but have you checked the bolt catch? Maybe the mag ain't the problem.

I checked the bolt catch and it will hold the bolt if I manually press the hold catch button up while the bolt cycled.However the catch stops holding the bolt as soon as I release pressure to the button.

If your looking inside the lower reciever and directly under the bolt catch there's a little spring loaded button built into the lower that locks onto a jaw of the bolt catch when the catch is at it's lowest postion. I assume its there to keep the bolt catch in place in the down postion unitil it gets the signal from the magazine.

So what Im thinking is either...

a. weak spring at mag not applying enough pressure to bolt catch.

b. bolt catch retaining button too strong and wont allow the jaw to release.

or.

c. im completely wrong and its something else.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

when you say bolt face, do you mean the part that contacts the hop-up?

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index....e1599932259fdbc

something like this?

Yeah, I think that's commonly referred to as the bolt or the nozzle. The bolt face would just be the front of that part.

dykefish:

The bolt catch problem may be a combination of both issues. You should probably find another mag to try it out on, one that you know has a working bolt lever, so you can narrow things down.

The magazine I received with my WOC had a similar issue, although it works fine if I used the bolt catch manually, it never caught if I charged the bolt back on an empty mag and just let it go.

Edited by slu
dykefish:

The bolt catch problem may be a combination of both issues. You should probably find another mag to try it out on, one that you know has a working bolt lever, so you can narrow things down.

The magazine I received with my WOC had a similar issue, although it works fine if I used the bolt catch manually, it never caught if I charged the bolt back on an empty mag and just let it go.

Good advice, I just ordered 2 of these GHK's mags .... http://www.airsoftpost.com/magazine-wester...le-p-31064.html

hopefully solves my problem. I'll post back with the results.

Thx!

Good advice, I just ordered 2 of these GHK's mags .... http://www.airsoftpost.com/magazine-wester...le-p-31064.html

hopefully solves my problem. I'll post back with the results.

Thx!

Hi everyone,

there is a vid from UN Company on the AGM M4 on Airsoft-news.eu and they seem to have the same problem with the bolt catch not working properly with the standard mag. Later on in the vid they changed to the WA compatible mags from Bomber and they did the trick. So the problem seems to lie with standard mags the gun comes with.

chris

Hi everyone,

there is a vid from UN Company on the AGM M4 on Airsoft-news.eu and they seem to have the same problem with the bolt catch not working properly with the standard mag. Later on in the vid they changed to the WA compatible mags from Bomber and they did the trick. So the problem seems to lie with standard mags the gun comes with.

chris

No problem at all with mine.

At +1k rounds since my last update and all is well.

I just got some confusing info from a few sources, are AGM internals a copy of the WA/G&P too? I had a friend say at an airsoft store that there not, however Ebb seems to say its fully compatible. Whats the real 411.

The G&P WOC series is based off the WA. The AGM is also based off the WA, it's supposedly a 100% clone. So anything that has to do with WA/G&P should be compatible with the AGM. As soon as I get the money into my PP, I'm going to order one.

-Luis

Edited by Luis21
The G&P WOC series is based off the WA. The AGM is also based off the WA, it's supposedly a 100% clone. So anything that has to do with WA/G&P should be compatible with the AGM. As soon as I get the money into my PP, I'm going to order one.

-Luis

The AGM is 100% clone of the WA.