Like what?

They told me something in the bolt being moving freely too much and may cause fraction on the whole bolt assemble. I wasn't really paying attention. All I know is this is you get what you pay for. My piston is already deformed and magazine is leaking to the point where value doesn't seal up anymore. sigh

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They told me something in the bolt being moving freely too much and may cause fraction on the whole bolt assemble. I wasn't really paying attention. All I know is this is you get what you pay for. My piston is already deformed and magazine is leaking to the point where value doesn't seal up anymore. sigh

hmmmm...that's contrary to what people have said so far

I've heard that the AGM is solid and great for the price...can you elaborate on what you used in your gun?

hmmmm...that's contrary to what people have said so far

I've heard that the AGM is solid and great for the price...can you elaborate on what you used in your gun?

Maybe the fact that I used green gas may have something to do with all these problems.. But that's the only source of gas I currently have access to.

Edited by average
Maybe the fact that I used green gas may have something to do with all these problems.. But that's the only source of gas I currently have access to.

PEOPLE! Have we learned nothing here? The AGM is WA clone. The WA was not designed for green gas. Therefore green gas + AGM = Problems.

Your mags will leak and your bolt will wear. That is not to say the WA or AGM can not run on green, you just need to take a few steps to do so reliably.

Ya I think they are talking out their @ss.

+1500 from initial review and looking good.

meh, it was fun while it lasted. I'd rather stick with reliable AEGs... Gas is too unpredictable for me.

gas pistols are perfectly predictable. I see know reason why these wouldn't be if you didn't spray them around

yeah, why would AEX want to promote a $150 gun when they could sell one for $600 +?

it makes no business sense for them to make less money, so they point you right over to the high end guns

Edited by tinydata
meh, it was fun while it lasted. I'd rather stick with reliable AEGs... Gas is too unpredictable for me.

+ a lot for that.

I think that we'll see the longevity of the AGM after a while. I hope at least one person keeps theirs stock to thoroughly test it.

Might pick one up in the future for a plinker. I still can't see how GIM GBBrs make good skirmish rifles.

Also, you can't use Green Gas or propane? What kind of velocity do you get with whatever gas it's "supposed" to use?

Edited by Kraut
Might pick one up in the future for a plinker. I still can't see how GIM GBBrs make good skirmish rifles.

Well, depends on your definition of good, but that's been discussed many times so why discuss it again.

Also, you can't use Green Gas or propane? What kind of velocity do you get with whatever gas it's "supposed" to use?

You can use whatever gas you can manage to fill the mags with. Should that be propane you will undoubtedly develop leaks eventually with the AGM mag. That is assuming its a 100% copy of the WA - which, it isn't, taking into account the varying tolerances - So you have the potential for even more problems.

The Bomber mags are clones of the WA type however they beefed up the essential parts like o-rings and valve springs to ensure reliable use on propane. I just doubt AGM did the same.

What is the #1 part for the gun to make it reliable/durable on Propane, something you would buy as soon as you get the weapon?

If it were a stock WA - new bolt stop immediately. However I believe AGM have fixed this with their own design... would still go with one of the known replacements though. After that, a new metal hop up housing as the plastic ones seem to crack with double feeds. Then you're pretty much set, disregarding the mag of course. Over time you'll have more wear on various parts and you can replace them if needed but there aren't any more critical upgrades.

Personally I have no experience with the AGM mag and I don't plan on any once my rifle gets here. I gave up on my stock WA mags a long time ago, and I don't expect these to fair any better. I'm not entirely judgemental of clone mags though. The Bomber mags surprised me and who knows, maybe the AGM will too.

Well, depends on your definition of good, but that's been discussed many times so why discuss it again.

Which is why I said it from my personal point of view, and didn't follow up on it. Let it go.

You can use whatever gas you can manage to fill the mags with. Should that be propane you will undoubtedly develop leaks eventually with the AGM mag. That is assuming its a 100% copy of the WA - which, it isn't, taking into account the varying tolerances - So you have the potential for even more problems.

The Bomber mags are clones of the WA type however they beefed up the essential parts like o-rings and valve springs to ensure reliable use on propane. I just doubt AGM did the same.

So gas X usage is primarily decided by mag make? Aside from increased wear on the gun itself. How does propane/GG affect the performance vs whatever gas it was built for?

So gas X usage is primarily decided by mag make? Aside from increased wear on the gun itself. How does propane/GG affect the performance vs whatever gas it was built for?

WA mags were designed like the rest of the gun for hf134 or duster gas. The effects of varying gasses on the performance of the system as a whole effect only reliability and velocity. Once you take the first bit out of the equation you are only raising or lowering the fps depending on the gas being used.

And yes, there's a general consensus regarding the various magazines and the gases compatible with each. Stock WA mags get angry when you fill them with propane. They'll hold for a while and you can get quite a few uses out of them with propane before they leak but believe me they will eventually leak. If you install the G&P o-ring kit you may get better mileage but results have varied. If you want to run green or propane reliably you need a mag that will work reliably as well. GHK, Bomber, PGC (coming soon) and RA Tech (coming eventually) will do that. Not to mention the newly announced Inokatsu mag, those may be a winner too.

Any AGM users try to change the body with any of the Prime ones yet?

Not trying to be rude but there's really nothing 'special' in that. What I mean is that there is no known reason to suspect that any part for the WA family of guns (like the Prime body) wouldn't fit a WA family gun like the AGM. Your just as well asking if anyone with a G&P, Inokatsu or WA has installed a Prime kit in which case yes, many have.

not trying to be rude either but unless you know for sure I wouldnt go making assumptions on basis A is a clone of X Y or Z, you can still get design shortcuts creeping in esp if the manufacturers primary intention was to make a low cost GBB rifle and not a '100 percent dimensionally accurate to the WA in every single internal aspect' one.

Known reasons come from people trying things and thus finding out - otherwise they have a habit of staying 'no known reason'

to give one minor example of where that sort of assumption can go wrong - there was nothing to suggest that a VFC AKSU wouldn't accept a guarder cylinder head, its mechbox was by and large a TM clone ..except it didnt accept them (as VFC had thoughtfully beefed up the front of their mechbox and hadnt left clearance for the guarder head).

Same goes for these - yes chances are everything will fit all hunky dorey, but untill someone drops the guts of one into a WA receiver or measures up the components side by side you are not going to be able to state with 100 percent guarantee that everything will be a straight swap over.

Edited by snorkelman
Good advice, I just ordered 2 of these GHK's mags .... http://www.airsoftpost.com/magazine-wester...le-p-31064.html

hopefully solves my problem. I'll post back with the results.

Thx!

Ok just had a chance to try out my new GHK mags and now the bolt catch works perfectly!!!!!! The mags are a very tight fit, may even consider to file the mag catch just a hair. Thanks for the input guys, really appreciate it.

Now I need to tear down my stock mag and see if i cant tweak the sping a bit.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

not trying to be rude either but unless you know for sure I wouldnt go making assumptions on basis A is a clone of X Y or Z, you can still get design shortcuts creeping in esp if the manufacturers primary intention was to make a low cost GBB rifle and not a '100 percent dimensionally accurate to the WA in every single internal aspect' one.

Point taken. I own a Prime body kit, will soon have the AGM on hand, and will answer that particular question.

Edited by Kalmar
Hey guys anybody know if the AGM's bolt gets locked open like the real steel when the mag is empty? Also I ebaybanned took the AGM mags for the GBB off their website. What's the deal with that?

Yes the AGM's bolt is supposed to stay locked open when the mag is dry. There's a little switch on the mags that turns this option on/off. However there is something screwy with my mag as it would not apply enough pressue to the bolt catch. Hopefully just my bad luck and an isolated case. I tried GHK mags and they are working great so far!

has anyone received the agm 062 ras m4 from ebaybanned yet? i ordered and paid mine on may 25th and got a trackingnumber on may 27th which still does not work. also kinda weird is the fact that no other store has the ras version :blink: