• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol my review repeated :)

yeah, with more pics! lol

sometimes it needs to be repeated and illustrated

my hop-up spring is indeed missing...for now a piece of RC foam is in there. (hahah I was creative wasn't I?)

800 grams per mag :-O

are all WA style mags this weight? Before anyone chimes in to say that it's "milsim" to have mags this heavy, please consider that real mags get much lighter as you shoot :)

Don't forget that a pack of 3 mag's weighs just about the same as the rifle.

Given that shipping is about $50 on the gun it's fair to say it's a similar amount for the mags.

Once you knock off $50 of shipping you ARE left with $20 each for the mags.

I suspect that the price of these mags will only become truly cheap once we've all got a selection of domestic suppliers to choose from.

its 420 on Green gas and around 350 on duster gas

I have an NPAS on order for mine so i can change the FPS

Edit*

the Npas has been replaced by a newer kit which should i get the plastic or metal one ?

Edited by Crimson

I officially hate everyone ho has one of these. Mine's approaching the end of it's second week in customs....

Only thing worse than wanting something really, really badly is wanting it, knowing you paid for it, and knowing it's been shanghaied for an indeterminate length of time ;_;

the mag is still leaking a tiny bit...but that's cause I've barely put anything through it

the hop-up spring was missing, but it still had amazing range somehow. For now, a piece of foam will do while I get a G&P metal hop-up. The bolt face doesn't look to have any wear yet.

The bolt catch doesn't work with the ACM mags, but that's just less wear on the parts

Well, Here is a summary of the AGM:

Good:

- Solid straight barrel, CNCed hard aluminium alloy (good).

- Steel tidbits, flashhider, sling swivel etc.

- Negative pressure valve system on a nylon nozzle (420fps at 12*C)

- Good hop up unit

- Bolt catch and bolt contact areas are reinforced with steel inserts.

- 12*C at 445fps down to 420fps varying FPS +-10.

Neutral:

- Solid Pot metal almost everything but I think cast aluminium receiver, still heavy

- Slight play between upper and lower

- furniture is ABS though the stock and pistol grip ABS is a lot thicker and stronger than the handguards which are AEG handguards

- Mag to receiver is a tight fit.

- Plastic buffer

- Spring Twangs in the stock tube.

Bad:

- Front body pin falls out (the spring loaded indent is there, but lower receiver isn't well made enough to allow the indent to push in and out freely)

- Loose barrel nut from factory

- Mags are HEAVY

- No gas tube

- Mags don't cause the bolt to lock back

- Bolt catch doesn't allow mags to push it up to lock back.

- Selector falls out when pushed

----------------------------

So mods/work done are:

- Mod the magazine and bolt catch mechanism so it works with default magazine (about 5mins to make the mag work, another 15 mins to mod the bolt catch)

- Mod the selector so that it stays in the gun

- Mod the spring indent on front pin well to work, so it retains the front body pin

- Mod the magazine well to allow easier fit with magazine

- Mod the magazine ejection to allow better insertion of magazine.

- Tighten the barrel nut

- Clean the barrel, hop and etc.

-----------------------------

Compared with WE M4:

- Recoil and cycling beats WE M4 (w/ CO2 nozzle/piston) hands down at 12*C on propane (The blowback cycle on the WE is much too slow, it seems like a "bang......crank-thud". The WA is "Bang-Thud" which is awesome.

- Balance is poor compared with WE M4

- Weight is heavier compared with WE M4

- Quality is very low compared with WE M4, particularly the furniture and the receiver, except the barrel. AGM outer barrel is superior.

- Performance on paper, about the same as WE M4, though prolong firing the AGM will keep going while WE rubber sleeve will sieze up the bolt nozzle. Hop design AGM/WA system is a lot better.

Overall I think the AGM is a keeper, but again it is purely up to you if you want to use the AGM as a skirmish weapon. It has potential.

The WE is a hot weather rifle, but what would make the WE do well is a lighter bolt assembly. I am slightly disappointed with the WE's performance but the overall production quality, feel and balance is the only thing making me keep it. I will decide with more testing.

Its actually very easy. The lever that the magazine follower pushes is just too wide to push through the hole beside the Magazine lip. I first removed the magazine top, identified the problem area dremelled it a little on the left side of the area of the lever that fitted through the hole.

Else you can just bore the side hole out on the magazine lip. Thats the other solution.

The other issue though is that the AGM has a bolt release that it is indent locked rather than spring pressured like most other bolt catches. The spring tension of the magazine is insufficient to push the bolt catch over the indent, so the indent is removed which is good but when firing the gun on the side the bolt catch will lock, but a spring needs to be put in place to push the bolt release to neutral even if the rifle is at an angle.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
Excuse me, but what is a rat tail tile?

lol I meant to say rat tail file. :P

The funny thing was that I though I had spelled it correctly. So I was about to google a pic to show you and then I spelled it wrong again! :D

Dude I accept failure... :bam:

-Luis