quick question:

This is in regards to the AGM Stock Magazine.

If i just disassemble it, and use teflon tape to beef up the o-ring seals, or replace some of the orings with ones at Home Depot..do you think it would be propane ready?

I'd rather do that then to pay over $50 for magazines.

disassembly guide for WA Mags: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?reviewID=190

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick question:

This is in regards to the AGM Stock Magazine.

If i just disassemble it, and use teflon tape to beef up the o-ring seals, or replace some of the orings with ones at Home Depot..do you think it would be propane ready?

I'd rather do that then to pay over $50 for magazines.

disassembly guide for WA Mags: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?reviewID=190

I say once you find out what type of commercial O-rings it uses you post it up and buy a ton for yourself. I think that you might need to replace them more often while running it on propane. Not to mention that other parts will also wear but I say go for it, it'll last.

-Luis

Edited by Luis21

I'm just wondering what GHK and Pro-win are doing to make their mags propane ready. I bet it's just a beefier O-ring, and nothing else.

I say once you find out what type of commercial O-rings it uses you post it up and buy a ton for yourself. I think that you might need to replace them more often while running it on propane. Not to mention that other parts will also wear but I say go for it, it'll last.

-Luis

Prowin didn't release their mag yet, so speculate all you want.

GHK mags are an entirely different system. The don't use o-rings. They work with two tubular reservoirs that screw themselves to the upper part of the magazine, where the fill valve and output valve are located.

Prowin didn't release their mag yet, so speculate all you want.

GHK mags are an entirely different system. The don't use o-rings. They work with two tubular reservoirs that screw themselves to the upper part of the magazine, where the fill valve and output valve are located.

That actually sounds like a MUCH better system to me. I take it the GHKs run GG well and don't leak much?

Any advice for removing that orange "thing?" Since this is HK quality I don't want to torque risking my barrel bending or breaking. My first orange "thing" on a gun...

Sorry but discussion about removing orange flash-hiders is not allowed.

You'd think that, between you all, somebody might have read that in the rules. :rolleyes:

On another note, the Noveske RAS definitely doesn't fit. However if you disassemble the delta ring you can use the original barrel nut to attach a KA RAS. I torqued it as far as I could and a 2mm gap is visible still. Anyone have any other luck with RAS other than the two I've mentioned?

Picture of my AGM with the KA RAS on it. A really long way to go before I'm happy with this thing internally and externally.

DSC01540.jpg

Edited by Roecar
On another note, the Noveske RAS definitely doesn't fit. However if you disassemble the delta ring you can use the original barrel nut to attach a KA RAS. I torqued it as far as I could and a 2mm gap is visible still. Anyone have any other luck with RAS other than the two I've mentioned?

Wait, my Madbull Noveske 10" FF barrel nut definitely screws into the AGM upper receiver fine. It's merely the outer barrel that's copied from WA has a thicker base. If I were to use a G&P outer barrel, that Madbull barrel nut would work fine (and as such take the 10" FF).

What the Madbull barrel does -not- fit is the Prime receiver. For that, I'm ordering this.

Just do take note, WA, AGM and Dytac outer barrels have a thicker base than the G&P ones.

I would really like to install the DD MK18 (9,5") front from EB on mine, I had some problems with my Dboys and a MK18 7", where it left a small gap between the upper and the front, it could supposedly be fixed by sanding the barrelnut to fit better. Does this gun has same threads as, lets say a dboys M4?

What is the best type of gas to use. I want something safe that wont harm my gun but something that will get me a good velocity/range.

Should i go with propane or duster?

If your gun is not upgraded, use duster. If it has internal upgrades and the mags have the G&P seal kit you could use propane safely.

*On a side note i have never ordered from redwolfairsoft.com before, but they have all the upgrade parts i want to put in my AGM GBB M4. So i want to know if i order from them will i have custom problems? Because the order will be for $630.00. Thanks

Hmm... I have always been pawned by customs (meaning: payed taxes) when buying from Redwolf. That's because they use EMS/chronopost, and them greedy transporters never forget to declare your goods... getting you effectively taxed to death. :flamed:

I would really like to install the DD MK18 (9,5") front from EB on mine, I had some problems with my Dboys and a MK18 7", where it left a small gap between the upper and the front, it could supposedly be fixed by sanding the barrelnut to fit better. Does this gun has same threads as, lets say a dboys M4?

Sorry, I don't know anything about the DBoys M4. And although I have the Madbull DD 9" on my Sopmod EBB, I've not tried it on the Prime MUR nor AGM upper. However in the July '09 of Arms magazine (page 92), Tac Element advertised barrel nut for the DD RAS. I'm guessing Tac Element is just importing it from Madbull/SocomGear. If I get a chance to scan that ad (it's in Japanese) I'll put it up here...

Note, when I called up Tac Element Japan today, they didn't have the Noveske RAS barrel nut, and said it'll be available in July. So I'm guessing that they wouldn't have the DD barrel nut too. And I find it strange that RW has the Noveske RAS barrel nut advertised but not the DD barrel nut ('cos I'm sure Tac Element is getting the both Noveske/DD barrel nuts from the same source as RW).

err.. i just ordered one of these and i read that if you point the gun downward, the bb will fallout??? wtf?

How can we fix this? I bet if i'm running around in the woods with this thing i'm losing my bb's like breadcrumbs :D

Oh and btw, will ultra air gas besufficient? (it's lower then green gas) I don't know where to get 'duster gas', or is the gas that being used for cleaning keyboards, etc.. fine?

Edited by morb