RANT/

I HATE 5KU PARTS! They're incomplete by themselves and are off spec!

How do I know?

5ku NPAS - Too fat and will not fit standard nozzles without modification

5ku Sear - Too FAT completely off spec

5ku Boltstop - Missing bolt stop piece (The little notch that actually does the job)

Whats going on?!?!!?!?!?

/rant

Well thats what you get for buying cheaper clones of the actual things.

Get a proper Ra Tech npas and maby a G&P or Ra-Tech Sear, they are great and work.

Sure if your on a budget, get cheaper parts, I know Luis21 is a avid fan of the chineese clone parts but, simply, there ######. I've been let down too many times with cheaper chinese parts that i'll only go high end for my woc, cos they work!

/rant :P

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats what you get for buying cheaper clones of the actual things.

Get a proper Ra Tech npas and maby a G&P or Ra-Tech Sear, they are great and work.

Sure if your on a budget, get cheaper parts, I know Luis21 is a avid fan of the chineese clone parts but, simply, there ######. I've been let down too many times with cheaper chinese parts that i'll only go high end for my woc, cos they work!

/rant :P

Some can be good, you just need to do your research... I thought I remembered people with problems using the 5KU sear from months back?

Then again, we might all have saved even more cash by just going the KJW route :P

RANT/

I HATE 5KU PARTS! They're incomplete by themselves and are off spec!

How do I know?

5ku NPAS - Too fat and will not fit standard nozzles without modification

5ku Sear - Too FAT completely off spec

5ku Boltstop - Missing bolt stop piece (The little notch that actually does the job)

Whats going on?!?!!?!?!?

/rant

My 5KU NPAS fit perfectly with my ACM M4 nozzle. But the pin hole on it was too small for my other nozzle. Just another case of different manufacturer specs, I suppose.

Also, what are the ACM/AGM owners' opinions with GHK magazines?

My local shop(owned by my neighbor, yay!) says that the GHKs are a bit iffy, with sticky valves and some misfeeding. He also said he could get AGM magazines, but I'm sort of against Chinese magazines, with their bad QC and all.

My 5KU NPAS fit perfectly with my ACM M4 nozzle. But the pin hole on it was too small for my other nozzle. Just another case of different manufacturer specs, I suppose.

Also, what are the ACM/AGM owners' opinions with GHK magazines?

My local shop(owned by my neighbor, yay!) says that the GHKs are a bit iffy, with sticky valves and some misfeeding. He also said he could get AGM magazines, but I'm sort of against Chinese magazines, with their bad QC and all.

I personally hate GHK mags now. The feeds lips are plastic and will break and wear down- causing misfeeds, jams, and failures.

My AGM mag worked amazing with G&P o-rings till I cannibalized it to fix a bomber magazine

Don't know why people hate them so much...

Because the AGM mags are heavier(though I've been told they're more true to a fully loaded real steel mag weight), have an unrealistic finish, and tend to leak a lot if you don't know how to fix it. I'd like mine more if it didn't leak so bad.

I love my GHK mag because I haven't had problems with it and it feeds nicely for me. Though I use 5.95mm or something of that matter sized BBs. And I have heard that on certain GHK mags you have to file down the plastic lips a little to make proper BBs feed right. Hearing that GHK feed lips wear down does make me weary though, what bolt carrier/bolt were you using?

Because the AGM mags are heavier(though I've been told they're more true to a fully loaded real steel mag weight), have an unrealistic finish, and tend to leak a lot if you don't know how to fix it. I'd like mine more if it didn't leak so bad.

I love my GHK mag because I haven't had problems with it and it feeds nicely for me. Though I use 5.95mm or something of that matter sized BBs. And I have heard that on certain GHK mags you have to file down the plastic lips a little to make proper BBs feed right. Hearing that GHK feed lips wear down does make me weary though, what bolt carrier/bolt were you using?

Do you have the ACM or AGM M4? Can you get at least 1 mag on non stop full auto with bolt catch with the GHK? How did it perform in a skirmish?

EDIT:I'm stupid :P You have the AGM M4, hence the AGM mag.

Edited by vilerk

Yes I do sir!

I was once able to empty a fully loaded GHK mag on one long auto fire burst. And the bolt catch did work, though I'd like to note that I'm using a G&P bolt catch, which only takes a little filing to work properly and is totally worth it, and a complete RA Tech bolt assembly. I'm sure it'll do the same with other set ups, but the stock bolt catch did not work for me. I also didn't notice any notable change in power or difference between shots, but since I don't have and didn't run that through a chrono, don't quote me religiously on that. It is also notable that this was on a warm California day.

In a skirmish, the GHK mag was pretty consistent, though I was mainly firing on single in the skirmish. I did a few bursts too, it was consistent when I did, but I didn't like using my AGM mag much. The AGM mag was fairly inconsistent from what I remember, and a large group of people passing by me as I opened up full auto to only hear "BAP BAP Bap bap pap poop poooooo~". AGM mags are consistently inconsistent on full auto, but there may be different news from those out there that have re-done the O-Rings as Tinydata apparently has. Though I'd like to note that I have a friend with an AGM and his friend has one too. They've apparently changed out their O-Rings but still have wierd FPS outputs on full auto.

vilerk, GHK magazines are hard to fit in an ACM M4, you would need to sand the external case of the magazine

Or lightly dremel the inside of the magwell, like i did on my woc. Most GHK mags have fitting issues, but the last 3 i got, 2 were a perfect fit after a few uses and one had to be filed down a bit more and now they go in and drop out nicely!

Another thinig to do is bend the lefthandside metal lip at the top of the magazine, that touchs the mag catch 1st, and once you get the right angle, it goes in alot smoother

You should sand whichever part is more expendable.

Are you going to stick with GHK mags only? Then filing the magwell is fine.

Are you going to try out different mags and are only using GHK mags until you know what you want later? Then sanding/modifying the mag may be a better option. By filing the magwell you may remove too much material for the gun to work adequately with other mags.

Thanks for the replies guys. :D

Would it still work if I filed both the magazine and magwell so they could be compatible with other bodies and magazines?

I'll probably be sticking with GHK a long time, unless the Prowin mags are 50ish and the G&P mags are state-side.

Element has an NPAS that fits 100% and works for $8USD. Though the actual adjusting part is a little soft and requires hardening (heat it up to 500*C and cooling it over some warm oil or water).

5KU 130% hammer springs are way too soft.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

I actually didn't have to sand down my GHK mags, instead I just kept inserting and taking out the AGM mag until I could just press the mag release to drop the mag. Once that was done I just kept inserting and removing the GHK mag and it eventually just wore down the finish on the mag enough for it to fit very nicely.

And yes, I was using my AGM M4.

I'd probably get a Prometheus Hard Rubber.

That being said, I haven't heard great results from AEG barrels in this system when compared to the WA style hopup. G&P Hopup, RATech (or G&P/Stock) barrel and RATech red bucking are what I use and get great results. Even then I have had a tear in my bucking due to a really bad jam chopping up BB's and me stupidly hitting the forward assist.

I really think the key to this system is a good bolt to bolt carrier seal with very little resistance. All of my problems have come from that seal. After finally fixing that issue I haven't had a problem.

Oh, I do notice my nozzle getting a little deformed after a while, but I can't confirm if it just kind of breaks in or continues to get deformed. It worked perfectly until that particular jam. Now I've replaced my parts and I'm back to a new nozzle tip and new hopup rubber.

I'd invest in the RATech (unless the AABB one is good) NPAS bolt (with spare tips) and hopup rubbers (whatever you go with).

I just installed a "JDT" hop up chamber and bucking, it was super easy.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/taiwan-rubber-alu...ber-p-2527.html

Unfortunately, it seems that either the threading on my delta ring or on the upper receiver is a bit stripped, so I used a liberal amount of thread lock in hopes that will fix it, or at least hold my barrel assembly to my upper receiver. I'll make sure to give it a test once the thread lock had dried.

hi guys i have a bit of a problem my agm m4 has a broken nozzel so i have been looking over on ebanned for a full bolt carrier set they have 3-4 on there what would you guys go for ?

G&P full bolt £47

steel JDT full set £49

or just go for the £10 high power nozzel set ?

hi guys i have a bit of a problem my agm m4 has a broken nozzel so i have been looking over on ebanned for a full bolt carrier set they have 3-4 on there what would you guys go for ?

G&P full bolt £47

steel JDT full set £49

or just go for the £10 high power nozzel set ?

I've got the Airsoft Surgeon nozzle in mine. I love it. I'd reccomend that.

Seem that you have the same version of ACM ambi selector that I have,

do you have problems with it? mine doesn't work very well

the onluy issue what i had is the poor ACM spring, is not very strong, so i have went to the Spring store, and boutght several springs with more or less the same lenght but stronger, i have tried to them, to the feel what i want.

4303884227_ae29b1193d_o.jpg

Now with more ######! :P

I installed a clone NPAS into the stock ACM bolt, but I seem to have cocked up somewhere- when I pull the trigger, all I get is the gas exiting down the barrel, and No blowback. the valve adjust disk thing (Technical name) is in the middle of gas port on the bolt. Any thoughts? Also- the small spring that you put into the bolt before the disk got a little mangled on the install, but still seemed to spring a bit. Could this be the problem?

Also. Has anyone tried to fit the Vltor upper that EB airsoft are selling onto the ACM? I like the look of them, as well as the fact that the real PWS diablo comes as a complete upper on a Vltor billet upper.