• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do i get the locking bolt catch to work?

I second that, there was a video review of an AGM on youtube and they said they'd post another how to fix it but I have yet to see it. From the looks of it it appears that the bolt catch is a bit to "tight" for the mag lever to activate it. Anyone figure how to fix or mod this yet?

right just about to pull the trigger on these parts from RA-Tech

background to intended rifle - I'm not too fussed about ROF, aiming for around 300 to 330 FPS with a fair amount of recoil.

RAG-WA-bolt-015 NPAS complete bolt dimgray $260

RAG-WA-bolt-016 red Oring $2

RAG-WA-triggerset-005 bolt stop $15

RAG-WA-triggerset-004 Steel hammer $70

RAG-Wa-trigger set 003 Steel sear $10

RAG-Wa-front sight-001 WA M4 CQB Hop up chamber $55

RAG-Wa-front sight-004 WA Hop rubber $7

RAG-WA-stock-001 recoil spring winter type $10

RAG-WA-stock-002 recoil spring summer type $10

RA-A-G-GHK007 GHK M4 GBB Mag $50

hop rubbers and orings I figure a couple of each as spares the GHK mag I might as well try one (as total orders big enough for free post on it anyways and Id like to copare it with their AK mags)

questions

1 Hop unit - worth going with the RA-tech one I've got pencilled in above (not sure if its even metal) or are there better options in that respect. Not too fussed about ease of adjustment - if I can dial in what I want and it stays there thats fair enough, more concerned about strength of the unit and effectiveness

2 steel trigger, fire selector and mag catch - are the ones from WGC suitable for use along with above? ie any known issues with RA-tech steel hammer and sear?

3 any recommendations for replacement buffer?

4 At some stage I'm likely to ditch the receiver in favour of something CNC'd from billet that I can anodize in a hideous colour :D am I correct in thinking that if that turns out to be a Prime one, I can keep the guts of the RA-tech steel bolt carrier assembly, and just replace the RA-tech steel WA bolt carrier with their Prime one

ie shove the bolt and npas etc into 'RAG-Prime-001 steel bolt carrier Dimgrey $130' or are there dimensional changes to the setup over and above the carrier itself? RA-Tech are listing complete Prime bolt carrier and NPAS assembly as one item and the Prime bolt carrier on its own, theres no corresponding Prime specific innards listed on their own which makes me think only difference is to the carrier itself

from what ive read on ASR is to clip a few coils from the bolt catch spring to engage properly but i myself have not tried this

sounds like a good idea thought , just my 2 cents

Well "fixed" mine but I didn't quite do it that way. I saw the little nub thing that holds onto the bolt catch and "shaved it down to the point wear it will still secure itself but the mag will still have enough force to push it up when its empty. If anyone one else wants to try this just use an Xacto Knife and carefully scrape the surface until you can "easily" punch of the bolt catch with a little applied force.

ADDED EDIT**

I want to add a CTR stock on my AGM and I want to be sure which type it is. My calipers say the dimension for the tube is around 1.149" and I know the CTR Milspec is about 1.14. Anyone install a CTR on an AGM buffer tube?

Edited by Roecar
ADDED EDIT**

I want to add a CTR stock on my AGM and I want to be sure which type it is. My calipers say the dimension for the tube is around 1.149" and I know the CTR Milspec is about 1.14. Anyone install a CTR on an AGM buffer tube?

milspec is a nice fit...

check my 1st pic here.... http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1108

However I am having some technical difficulties with my nozzle right now. :angry:

Edited by dykefish

A shorter inner barrel won't decrease FPS that much. The trick is to push the Negative pressure valve more "forward" by gluing something behind it to push it forward. It limits the gas flow to the breech/barrel.

I experienced my first gas leak this weekend. I fired off the gas, and I left the mag at very low pressures for a minute, as soon as I went to charge it the propane was going straight through the mag.

Knowning WA design (The AGM mag is a near copy), I thought it was the gas release "hold open" mechanism on the mag, which keeps the valves open for a certain amount of time, and if the rifle/pistol has discharged its gas while firing, the mechanism will open the valves until disengaged. It wasn't the case.

The 2 O-rings on the release plunger (one that actually blocks/releases the gas, and a smaller one that seals the release plunger assembly) had been deformed and dried up. I changed the large one out to a tighter neoprene O-ring and repositioned the smaller one and the leaking disappeared.

I think that we just need to be smart about leaky mags. O-ring stores can get you most of the O-rings for a fraction of the cost of ordering overseas. Also bearing in mind the guns are made from the lowest bidder of parts.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

First after action report written for my local forum:

Well, after a first day's skirmish at TAA, I am absolutely astounded.

First off, everything was chronoed on GB .2g BBs, duster gas, and green gas

Green Gas: 423 fps

Duster: 308 fps

Well within limits for outdoors and CQB play. Perfect...

I used the original mag today. Didn't leak horribly or misfeed at all. One fill of gas was enough for at least 100 rounds. The bolt face and hop-up are still in amazing condition, with no wear at all.

As for the skirmish report, it performed wonderfully. No jams, catastrophic leaks, or problems whatsoever. The accuracy was great. I scored quite a few headshots and was able to place a single BB where I wanted it. Lots and lots of single shot kills. Blowback was crisp and loud enough to give off a nice report. Full auto, though sluggish, worked perfectly. So, would I recommend it? YES!

Good to hear. Mine has had 900 rounds through it now. On the first day I noticed the bolt face was uneven as the extractor flap stuck out a little more forward than the rest of the bolt. So I sanded it down so the pressure was taken away from that area. Hop is fine and is not broken at all.

And yeah one gas charge is enough for 100 rounds if it doesn't leak :P

I noticed with the hop on optimum its perfect for 0.25gs but no good for anything heavier. Is this the case with the others?

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

My rifle has been great so far the only problem is that my hopup broke! so i replaced it with a Pro-Win hopup that i can use aeg berrels so i have a Tightbore in it know and it is on the dot accurate and i get ALOT of range perfectly straight. everything else is going top notch!

Well, Here is a summary of the AGM:

Neutral:

- - Spring Twangs in the stock tube.

----------------------------

To let you know this is normal very normal. It is like this in a real AR when you fire the rifle the bolt goes into the buffer tube about half way this is why you hear the "clang of the spring when you shoot it.

Just put in my new ratech hop and alum npas bolt set.........

Couple of things to note everyone:

1.) There's a reason the BBs roll out the barrel. The O-ring that is supposed to be on the hopup lip isn't there, it looks like they used some crappy waxish paper instead :/

2.) The Alum npas nozzle doesn't fit very well at all. Its very hard pull the bolt face out and let the spring retract it.

3.) No matter how I adjust the npas it doesn't seem to cycle enough or something to chamber a new BB.

Now with the npas set to full power, its driving .3g bbs almost through sheet rock :)

:wide-eyed: EEEEep! Dude have someone stand around the side of your house (covered by the house from you shooting them) and shoot by them. I want to know if they can hear the air being bent around the BB. My friends KJW M700 does that... lol it's scary...

I went onto the RA-tech youtube video of the AGM and asked them that compatibility, apparently everything works. The bolt catch is the only thing that needs a modification. I wonder if they'll show us how.

"Hey there RA-tech I have a question. I want to buy an AGM GBB M4 some day, for upgrades I plan on getting a G&P Metal Hop-up and Barrel Combo, your RA-tech full NPAS Bolt Silver (260USD version), I know I need a few other things. What would you suggest for me to get? without breaking the bank that is."

The guy told me that those few things was all I needed to make the gun better. I of course know that I need to get stronger pins (Hammer pin and such) , and replace whatever else that is plastic to metal.

I'll get a 6.01mm tight bore later on. Right now I just want it to run without killing itself.

For the mags... all I have to get is the G&G seals? I saw the page on the other forum on how to.

:wide-eyed: EEEEep! Dude have someone stand around the side of your house (covered by the house from you shooting them) and shoot by them. I want to know if they can hear the air being bent around the BB. My friends KJW M700 does that... lol it's scary...

I went onto the RA-tech youtube video of the AGM and asked them that compatibility, apparently everything works. The bolt catch is the only thing that needs a modification. I wonder if they'll show us how.

"Hey there RA-tech I have a question. I want to buy an AGM GBB M4 some day, for upgrades I plan on getting a G&P Metal Hop-up and Barrel Combo, your RA-tech full NPAS Bolt Silver (260USD version), I know I need a few other things. What would you suggest for me to get? without breaking the bank that is."

The guy told me that those few things was all I needed to make the gun better. I of course know that I need to get stronger pins (Hammer pin and such) , and replace whatever else that is plastic to metal.

I'll get a 6.01mm tight bore later on. Right now I just want it to run without killing itself.

For the mags... all I have to get is the G&G seals? I saw the page on the other forum on how to.

Yeah, you know the BB is going way too fast when you hear zinging when it hits something. But all those upgrades are good. And you said G&G seals. Just wanted to let you know, they're actually G&P. Anyways, I should be ordering my 062 this week, that is if they don't sell out....

-Luis

hmm i guess ill have to avoid this one if the power ajustment assembly is like $300 from ra-tech that puts a stamp on the cheap point of it, i emailed wgc and for a quote on fitting these parts they said many wont fit but only specific on the GHK magazines.

AGM-GBR-061 AGM M4A1 Gas Blowback Rifle 1 112.00

GHK-MAG-WAM4-G GHK 40Rds Magazine for WA M4 Gas Blowback Rifle Series 5 250.00

GP-ACC-WP96 G&P WA Hop Up Rubber 1 10.00

MAGP-ACC-GBMOEBK Magpul PTS MOE Grip for WA GBB Rifle ( Black ) 1 22.00

MAGP-ACC-MOEHGBK Magpul PTS MOE Handguard ( BK ) 1 29.95

MAGP-ACC-MOPTGB Magpul PTS MOE Polymer Trigger Guard for Systema PTW / GBB Rifle 1 9.00

PRI-ACC-PTWA003 Prime Ambi Sling Mount for PTW & WA M4 1 36.00

PRI-ACC-WAM4003BK Prime CNC Bolt Carrier for WA M4 ( Aluminum / BK ) 1 95.00

WA-PT-AR16 WA Charging Handle w/ Tactical Latch 1 41.00