I just had the mailman drop off an empty package from Ebaybanned. Inside was a note from US Customs indicating my AGM M4 had been seized. Has anyone else run into this problem? This is the first time I have had anything seized by customs so I am not sure what I can do about it. What a disappointment.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had the mailman drop off an empty package from Ebaybanned. Inside was a note from US Customs indicating my AGM M4 had been seized. Has anyone else run into this problem? This is the first time I have had anything seized by customs so I am not sure what I can do about it. What a disappointment.

This has happened before - mostly because the Orange flash hider was missing or not fixed properly. The notice you were issued will list the reason it was confiscated... might help to post that up.

Really interesting, that's why I love Redwolf. They do a lot extra work for the customers, really dedicated.

I wouldn't put too much faith in any "testing" redwolf do if I was you.

I know there's been several occasion where their features have contained huge inaccuracies.

In other news, anybody else noticed that the AGM mags are MUCH harder to insert once they're gassed-up?

The mags supplied with the G&P gun (dunno if it's a WA mag) certainly don't swell up like this.

Oh, while I'm at it, my AGM hop-up bucking has a hole in the side.

Somebody else mentioned that the bucking has masking tape wrapped around it. I removed the masking tape and there's a round hole in the side of the bucking.

It doesn't look ripped. It looks like some kind of manufacturing fault.

I wouldn't put too much faith in any "testing" redwolf do if I was you.

I know there's been several occasion where their features have contained huge inaccuracies.

In other news, anybody else noticed that the AGM mags are MUCH harder to insert once they're gassed-up?

The mags supplied with the G&P gun (dunno if it's a WA mag) certainly don't swell up like this.

Oh, while I'm at it, my AGM hop-up bucking has a hole in the side.

Somebody else mentioned that the bucking has masking tape wrapped around it. I removed the masking tape and there's a round hole in the side of the bucking.

It doesn't look ripped. It looks like some kind of manufacturing fault.

yup

If I want to use RS Magpul parts on this gun, do I need the PTS or RS versions of those parts?

BE VERY CAREFUL when installing the RS Magpul Enhanced trigger guard. The width of the pin holes is smaller than that of a RS M4 and the length of the attachment points is wider than that of a RS gun by a few millimeters . I was installing mine when I noticed the space was a bit narrow, so I filed the edges a little and tapped in the locking pin. I didn't notice nor did it seem that the tabs were "cracked" I proceeded to attached the locking screw for the other end when BOTH tabs closest to the hand grip came off.

I strongly suggest carefully, I mean extremely carefully examing every step as you install one or choose the PTS polymer version to file rather than the AGM body. I'll try and get pics to show what happened...

FWIW, on ALL these fancy curved AR15 trigger guards, I think it's always worth test-fitting it first.

If the guard is too short you can squash it flat, slightly, in a vice, to make it longer. If the guard is too long you can use a vice with 3 bits of packing to increase the curve slightly.

Obviously, in all cases you should protect the guard properly and this will only work if the guard is half-a-hole out or thereabouts. If the error is more than this, forget it.

Also, as Tuulos says, you should ALWAYS try to put something underneath every pin you knock out to support the item.

I have a block of wood about 1" thick and drill a 5mm hole through it where neccesary before using the punch.

Oh, I got another one... :rolleyes:

My hop-up bucking was installed on its side.

Allow me to explain...

When I took the hop-up to bits there was tape wrapped around the bucking and the hole was on the side.

The edges of the barrel are really sharp and at first I thought the bucking had been torn during assembly.

When I removed the bucking it became apparent there was a proper hole in the bucking rather than a rip. That's why I assume it was moulded poorly rather than damaged in assembly.

Anyway, the tab on the bucking was at the 12'o'clock position, clamped between the two gearbox halves.

When I came to reassemble the hop up I noticed the slot in the side of the housing.

When I checked the bucking it's obvious that it SHOULD be installed with the tab at the side.

This also has the useful benefit of rotating the hole around so it's right at the bottom of the barrel where it shouldn't cause an air leak.

It really does seem that mine was built by a chimp.

If you think don't think your AGM hop-up is working properly you really should pull it to bits and give it a look.

The tabs must be supported when you install trigger guard. Otherwise you have a good change of breaking them, even on real ar-15.

Very true as mine was for the most part during installation. However even then during the installation process being that this pot metal surface is even softer than it looks, I'd add even more care and consideration than what is normally expected. I strongly suggest using the full MIAD kit that has the integrated enhanced trigger guard to avoid using the AGMs tabs as much as possible.

Not an AGM owner myself (although I did have a WA M4 and a WE M4 in the past) but I thought you guys might find this article interesting ---> http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...ail?bulletID=76

Redwolf gets out the digital calipers and does measurement and fitting tests to see what parts are compatible between the AGM, G&P, and WA M4 series.

Funny how I mentioned the AGM on one of their Youtube Video's and now they have it... wonder how many people said something about it to them.

Edited by stickyittoyou
Not an AGM owner myself (although I did have a WA M4 and a WE M4 in the past) but I thought you guys might find this article interesting ---> http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...ail?bulletID=76

Redwolf gets out the digital calipers and does measurement and fitting tests to see what parts are compatible between the AGM, G&P, and WA M4 series.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=27021

Here's where they have it.

I love how they say "As a policy, RedWolf does not sell low grade Chinese guns but this AGM M4 is one of the few exceptions with decent build and rigidity that we felt it met our minimum criteria to be distributed through RedWolf."

HAHA!

Can anyone help?

I have asked a few times with no real sucess. Which Gas should I order from my AGM M4? I nornally used abbey gas. Should I stick with 134a or get the abbey ultra? I understand that green gas can cause a number of issues, Now I understand that Ultra is lower power than Green, any help would be great!!

134a is working fine for me with single shots and double taps. not so good on full auto as the pressure drops off too much and it doesnt push the bolt back hard enough to disengage the nozzle from the hop and there fore doesent feed.

I have tried green and its awesome and according to redwolf the agm was designed for green.

I've ordered a Pro-Arms High Power bolt from ehobbyasia, hopefully it might give it a bit more oomph on 134a.

Hmm I don't see how people are like this thing "feels like a .22lr hmm I haven't shot alot of 22's but my dad has a Ar and a 22lr dedicated Ar the .22 ar doesn't even kick not a inch it doesn't even move I thought it was a aeg at first becuase it didn't even move the only thing that showed me was the sound and it wasn't even loud. Know the .223 doesn't even kick alot so I don't know what yo guys are talking about. The agm kicks alot closer to .223 than a .22

Mine arrived today :)

Didn’t get stopped by customs and it got here in 2 days (when EB decided to send the thing)

The Daniel Defence RAS was upside down, the ras unit was loose and poorly installed, the rest of the gun has no problems.

I managed to tighten the Daniel Defence RAS its still lop sided, as there is no gas block or gas rod to stabilise it ....

Crimson-

You ordered the Daniel Defense version from EBairsoft/ebaybanned? I don't see it on the website, and I'm looking to get it as well.