I suppose that must be a rare case of a chinese manufacturer actually thinking for themselves rather than just blindly copying somebody elses design.

To digress slightly, I am very impressed with the quality of the AGM outer barrel. I know it's only aluminium but it's beautifully machined. Hell, the G&P barrel on my ICS M4 only has a cast finish.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta love airsoft forums. :rolleyes:

The correct answer is CCW, left-handed, anti-clockwise, negative. Take your pick.

Stickittoyou was obviously having a brainfart.

Sorry I was taking note to Redwolfairsoft.com about them saying it is CW...

"A 14mm CW aluminum flash hider comes stock with the AGM M4A1 GBB."

See? Because I do not have the gun... and redwolfairsoft.com says it has CW threading... WHAT GIVES?!

BRAIN FART! :P

Finally after XXX amount of shots my plastic bolt rip the back part of itself off. I'm now in the market for an RATech NPAS but not exactly sure which version works with the AGM. I there there is the full metal kit which is steel and aluminum, the plastic bolt kit, and the aluminum bolt kit. It was already mentioned in several threads about the AGM that its compatibility with G&P/WA parts isn't always a true fit. With that in mind have anyone foy ou replaced your bolt/bolt carrier group with the RATech ones yet? And if so which one would you suggest I buy?

Finally after XXX amount of shots my plastic bolt rip the back part of itself off. I'm now in the market for an RATech NPAS but not exactly sure which version works with the AGM. I there there is the full metal kit which is steel and aluminum, the plastic bolt kit, and the aluminum bolt kit. It was already mentioned in several threads about the AGM that its compatibility with G&P/WA parts isn't always a true fit. With that in mind have anyone foy ou replaced your bolt/bolt carrier group with the RATech ones yet? And if so which one would you suggest I buy?

I'm sure i saw someone post here about having problems with the Aluminum bolt.

I can't "close" the valve on my mag now, that little lever on top won't go all the way over (towards the bb feeder). Whats wrong?

That little lever just changes whether the magazine will engage the bolt stop or not. If it is forward, close to the BB feed tube, then the bolt will not lock back when the magazine is empty. On mine, I can't switch it all the way forward unless BBs are inserted.

Edited by Badly Browned
They sell the AGM mags in bulk now here in HK. A set of 3 AGM mags costs just US$69.

That's a nice price to get say, a six pack to flush out a skirmishable kit, with the one from the gun and then maybe a couple of GHKs mags to run GG/Propane for longer range shots....

can't find them online at that price though...

well i can confirm the agm m4 runs around 400 fps on Abbey Ultra gas :(

Damn... i need it to be around 350 fps for playing in Belgium.

To get this lower i shut get the ra-tech npas? I've read reports where ppl said that it isn't compatible with the agm. True?

On a side note... this gun is hellish fun to shoot :)

Edited by morb
well i can confirm the agm m4 runs around 400 fps on Abbey Ultra gas :(

Damn... i need it to be around 350 fps for playing in Belgium.

To get this lower i shut get the ra-tech npas? I've read reports where ppl said that it isn't compatible with the agm. True?

On a side note... this gun is hellish fun to shoot :)

If you need 350 to play, just run it on duster(134a). If you have alot of money then get the NPAS if you wish.

-Luis

That would be me. I'm still working on it, but step one is to replace the O-ring on the npas kit with the O-ring from the stock bolt.

What else have you noticed with the NPAS kit? The vids that RATech posted make it seem all peachy. I'm thinking that the NPAS/AGM compatibility might require a certain combition of parts as opposed to the replacement of everything. I talked with one of the techs at my airsoft store and he said that I probably only need to replace the bolt. Now whether thats the aluminum or plastic one is the question. I'd think the plastic one would be better since plastic is more flexible, exerts less stress on the hopup, and to a degree self lubricates.

More compatible parts have gone up on ebaybanned, a new buffer, stock pipe and anti rotation links (what are they for?).

They have also updated the description for the hop and its is definately aluminum :)

anyone know how easy it is to change the selector, it seems to just push out but it feels sprung loaded.

More compatible parts have gone up on ebaybanned, a new buffer, stock pipe and anti rotation links (what are they for?).

They have also updated the description for the hop and its is definately aluminum :)

anyone know how easy it is to change the selector, it seems to just push out but it feels sprung loaded.

The anti rotation links stop the trigger and hammer pins rotating or sliding.

Must say, mine don't really like staying in place properly so I might go for some.

The selector is pretty easy to remove.

I think (although I'm not completely sure) that you need to remove the full-auto sear first.

To do that you need to pop the metal E-clip off first, then remove the plastic clip before sliding the pin out.

Once you've done that you can slide the selector out, at which point a little spring pin on the right hand side will pop out.

When you're replacing the selector you can push the spring pin back in with a jewellers screwdriver quite easily.

FWIW, even if you don't need to remove the full-auto sear I'd suggest you do it anyway just cos it makes the selector more visible and gives you better access to the spring pin that holds the selector in.

Guys for all us waiting on our AGM M4 to arrive, Could one of the existing owners, Give us a kind of guide on what to check when ours arrive.

A few points on what to check or adjust before first use to help prevent any problems, I seen a guide like this on the WE section and most people found it really useful.

Thanks in advance

can't see anything wrong... mag keeps leaking.. what should i do? Replacement o-rings for the valve??

Maybe there's something really wrong but it's likely that the mag valve just needs to pop back out to seal again.

press down the tab on the top of the mag and then use a screwdriver to poke at the valve.

Does it spring in and out?

It should.

Mine does this sometimes too.

I just make sure I'm holding the tab down then just give the mag a couple of quick blasts of gas and it'll quickly reseat itself and allow me to fill it properly.

you said the AGM mags "swell." Is that just on Propane? or is it on duster too? Also, that kind of implies that the mag body IS the gas reservoir? That would be kinda scary...

In all honesty, I haven't investigated yet or even had a look at any of the various guides to how they're built or how to service them so I really dunno what's going on inside them.

The empty mag goes in with barely any trouble. It's not loose enough that it'll drop when you press the catch but it's pretty easy to insert.

On 134a you do notice that the mag is harder to insert but it's not such a big deal.

On propane the mag swells so much that you often have to clamp the gun between your legs and pull the mag out with both hands.

Without knowing it I really gave this a thorough test last Sunday. I gassed the mag up with propane at 9am and then, at about 10:30am I tried to remove it. The mag was jammed so tightly that I ended up opening the receiver just to see if summat was jammed.

The gun DID spend this time in my car boot but I figure the heat build up was minimal and, let's face it, it's similar to what's gonna happen if you gas up 10 mags then stick em in your webbing and run around with them on a summer day.

For me, propane is the only cost effective option for a gas rifle so I don't think I'll be buying too many AGM mags because of this.