post-43240-1245902274_thumb.jpg

AGM M4

Magpul PTS Stock

G&P Defender front end

Stock AGM M4 outer barrel

Noveske Amplifier

Prime hop up for AEG barrels (trying to get the right hop up rubber to work in it, cant get the hop up chamber over it)

Promethus Tightbore barrel for M4 (407 mm is too large, I have to cut it down now)

The G&P front grip is nice, lighter than I expected. The grip is solid when attached, but the hex screws make it take a long time to put on and take off. There is a 5mm gap between the top rail on the grip and the upper receiver rail. The red dot does a good job to cover that up though. The shorter G&P outer barrel wobbled too much for my liking, so I removed the M4 sight on the stock AGM outer barrel to used it. The gas tube and barrel nut both work with the stock AGM outer barrel. The AGM barrel nut was too large to fit on with the G&P front end, but the G&P barrel nut worked fine with the AGM stock barrel. Definitely a good base gun to upgrade.

Edited by Damien
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok mine arrived yesterday

Ordered on monday from RSOV total cost was £117.00 I used TNT and received it (N.Ireland) in two days. This is normal with TNT I always use them and the longest it has taken was 3 days from China, They do express customs, My last item from china used Parcel force and it took 6 weeks in total.

I when for the type 61, without the RIS System. This was mainly to reduce the weight of the AEG, While RIS do look well, I found on my AEG M4 the extra weight was not worth it

First impressions are good, It is well made with only a few marks on the rounds deflector being scrapped to the metal work.I have the feeling that this had been used by RSOV, whether or not just for testing is unsure as the mag had a number of marks from fitting and removing!

The Mags are very heavy, I expected & knew this but it does not hit you until you have one in your hand. The Mag does not leak on 134a or on Abbey pred Ultra gas. However even with the warm weather we have at present the 134a is under powered. The range is simlar to a standard CA M4, However the hop up needs some work as it shoots low.

The recoil is not as strong as I expected, However it still impressed me. The Bolt Stop works fine !! No issues with that.

For any High cap users, the 50 rounds go very quickly, again I expected this but it is still a surpise how many mag changes I need!!

The mags do swell up when filled with gas and do need a firm slap to fit. This is not the case when there is no gas.

The Hop up until appears to have a piece missing or broken, Again this was mentioned, However it appears it arrived this way.

Few of my other team mates had a quick shoot and all seem impressed. I plan to do a full review once I have used it at a game on sunday!

We agreed that the overall build quaility was simlar to a newer D Boys M4, which is good.

However the overall fit and finsh is no were near my KWA M4, But then I did not expect it too

As for any upgrades, I plan to do a little more research and possiblity fit a G&P Hob up. I will leave the rest standard until something breaks!!

JE

Edited by jonny2400

I recieved mine today, it was shipped to the office so I could only "experience" the externals... and I have to say I AM IMPRESSED! The external quality of the whole gun is great especial if you look at the pricetag, I paid 135 Euros for mine shipped. The only thing I encoutered is that the rear pin nearly fell off.

Lance

I will pick my DD AGM M4 up today. It has been in the customs hands for 9 days now :) Hope it will be good :)

Pah, mine was in customs for almost a month. I don't doubt it was the first into the UK, but... Well, Customs just decided to take their time with it.

It should be in my hands by monday, so I'll do a full, proper review then; until now, all we seem to have is a couple of mini-reviews, and people saying that they like it. I'll do a full takedown and take pics of any and all faults/niggles/whatever that I find, as well as how I'll be lowering the FPS, if I can figure a way to do so ;)

Pah, mine was in customs for almost a month. I don't doubt it was the first into the UK, but... Well, Customs just decided to take their time with it.

It should be in my hands by monday, so I'll do a full, proper review then; until now, all we seem to have is a couple of mini-reviews, and people saying that they like it. I'll do a full takedown and take pics of any and all faults/niggles/whatever that I find, as well as how I'll be lowering the FPS, if I can figure a way to do so ;)

Man I am so sorry to hear it took so long. But hey good things need time. Yours may be the first actual and thorough review of the AGM. Been waiting for that. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Only the finest metals were used in this gun :P

DSC09505.jpg

DSC09506.jpg

And I haven't even shot it...... I bought it second hand but the previous owner said it was only test fired. It's super glued on right now. We'll see how it holds.

I'm happy with the purchase :D

I'll work on it for the price. No way I'd get a WA or G&P right now. I won't complain.

-Luis

got a mixture of parts thru so been giving things a test fit

RA-Rech hammer - drop in fit

Ino trigger - drop in fit

Ra-tech trigger sear - drop in fit

Ino hammer lock - drop in fit

Ino selector - drop in fit

Ino buffer - is around 5mm longer than the original AGM

Ra-Tech steel bolt carrier with aluminium nozzle block - fits in OK but is a mm or two longer at rear than the AGM bolt carrier - still to test fire it to see if it causes any probs in use but receiver is happy enough to close with it in place and dry cycles fine

GHK mag seems to fit into the magwell smoothly enough but will remove the magwell ridges while prepping it for respray as its just scraping the finish on the ghk mag

these two parts need a little fettling :

Ino mag catch - hole in the left hand of the receiver is too small for its rod to pass thru (hole in the firing block that it also passes thru is OK though) The rod on the AGM catch is 4.45mm diameter, rod on the Inokatsu catch is 5mm I'll just ream the hole in the receiver to suit

RA-tech bolt catch - width at pivot pin point is 4.23mm width of AGM at same point is 4.09mm. will probably ope up the groove in the firing block a little to let the catch sit unaltered (saves removing finish from the new catch by filing it)

still to fit - ino gas tube, ra-tech hop unit and hop rubbers, ra-tech plastic nozzle assembly various buffer springs

*parts stuff*

Awesome! Keep us all appraised of what else does and doesn't fit, eh? I'd love to do this kind of testing myself, but no way do I have the money for all the parts... :(

You guys wanna know how my bolt catch broke? The bolt was fully forward and I inserted the mag and slapped it in slightly. Suddenly the top half of the bolt catch straight up snapped and flew off. I didn't even touch the bolt catch. The shaking from when I inserted the mag broke the bolt catch. Straight up fail. I'm glad it happened here instead of out on the field.

I also need to buy a real steel AR-15 front sight post because my gun was missing it. I can only aim accurately with optics right now....

I'm going to try to reinforce my snapped bolt catch further or either get the RA-Tech one.

The magazine isn't that heavy. I'll still rock 6 of them in a rig, no problem.... Also the stock pistol grip is fatter than a RS grip. It's a bit uncomfortable to hold.

Has anyone had problems pushing in their reciever pins after takedown? Mine is being a bugger right now and doesn't want to go in fully....

-Luis

[snip!]

I when for the type 61, without the RIS System. This was mainly to reduce the weight of the AEG, While RIS do look well, I found on my AEG M4 the extra weight was not worth it

Smart thinking esp if you're planning on modding/changing it yourself

The recoil is not as strong as I expected, However it still impressed me.

How strong of a recoil were you expecting :D? My personal "feel" but I thought it had a harder recoil than G&P and WA (same gas). Actually wondering if your location (ambient temp) has anything to do with the recoil strength too. If only there's an easy definitive way of measuring recoil globally to see if there's any difference based on owner's location/ambient temp.

FYI: Today's a hot day in Tokyo....hmmm....

My mag broke on the first fill whit greengas. Now it just dumps all the gas when i try to refil =( What is wrong? What mags can handle green gas? GHK or Bomber? Also Ebaybanned forgott to send my acog =(

Edited by hymer
My mag broke on the first fill whit greengas. Now it just dumps all the gas when i try to refil =( What is wrong? What mags can handle green gas? GHK or Bomber? Also Ebaybanned forgott to send my acog =(

Both Bomber and GHK are made for green gas. Personally, I'd go with GHK mags. I don't think that your mag is broken. I can't read the manual but I remember hearing someone say that you need to push and hold down a lever while you fill the mag to prevent gas from venting.

My deepest sympathies about your ACOG :P.

-Luis

Here she is from afar...

and here's what happens when your not careful...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Roeca...ft/DSC01622.jpg

if you can see what went wrong I'll give you a box of the finest intraweb cookies EVAR!!!

Either you have bad barrel distortion (no pun intended) on your camera lens, or your stock tube doesn't look aligned to the receiver. Am I wrong?