• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just fitted a Pro-Arms high power bolt to mine and all fitted nicely accept for the white tab on the nozzle end. It was a bit loose in the pro-arms bolt and when i fired the gun it came out.

i have removed it and the gun is still firing fine and for the life of me i cant see what that piece actually does.

will it be ok left off?

post-25224-1246445805_thumb.jpg

post-25224-1246445814_thumb.jpg

Does somebody know will this stock fit to the AGM GBBR?

http://www.ebairsoft.com/magpul-stock-p-2321.html

I know that in the the desription says "fits only AEG" but shouldn't the PTS system fit AGM?

don't know if the ACM-Ones fit, the "original" does:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/magpul-stock-blac...pul-p-1420.html

Lance

I have just fitted a Pro-Arms high power bolt to mine and all fitted nicely accept for the white tab on the nozzle end. It was a bit loose in the pro-arms bolt and when i fired the gun it came out.

i have removed it and the gun is still firing fine and for the life of me i cant see what that piece actually does.

will it be ok left off?

I'd superglue it in or something similar; this part stops the nozzle being pulled too far forwards out of the bolt. It's not NECESSARY, per say, in so far that the gun will likely still cycle without it, but I wouldn't reckon on it being good for the gun to not have it there.

Does somebody know will this stock fit to the AGM GBBR?

http://www.ebairsoft.com/magpul-stock-p-2321.html

I know that in the the desription says "fits only AEG" but shouldn't the PTS system fit AGM?

This one I mentioned should also be genuine magpul. Check their page and the price

http://www.magpul-pts.com/catalog/index.ph...;products_id=42

It is the same, I think.

The CTR has some kind of stabilizer thingy and costs more.

I'd superglue it in or something similar; this part stops the nozzle being pulled too far forwards out of the bolt. It's not NECESSARY, per say, in so far that the gun will likely still cycle without it, but I wouldn't reckon on it being good for the gun to not have it there.

wrong part - the bit you're thinking of is on opposite side of the bolt carrier, the bit in that photo above is just a small side piece that was supposed to represent the real deals extractor

bit of a fifty fifty tbh - if its left off it'll be somewhere else to pick up ###### but if its glued on less than 100 percent then it'll be something to work loose at worst possible time and jam something up.. so really comes down towether the OP is confident about doing a decent glue job on it

Edited by snorkelman

I got a lemon ( cracked hop-up chamber, the rubber taped w/ paper tape rubbe! , bbs falling).

bolt stop (catch?) not functional , i repaired the mag "bolt pusher" but that one needs too much force so i suppose it's "bugged" (are any guide to fix this available? before i try my way :) )

I have good know-how w/ AEGs but this is my first GBB rifle.

I need some help w/ parts and terminology. can someone point me ?

Edited by kix76
This one I mentioned should also be genuine magpul. Check their page and the price

http://www.magpul-pts.com/catalog/index.ph...;products_id=42

It is the same, I think.

The CTR has some kind of stabilizer thingy and costs more.

Than you should be fine with the stock. I changed my mind in customizing the AGM withe the MOE handguard and stock. I will keep it vanilla, just add the grip from zahal, the warrior-rifle-set (with that kind of heavy mag, the mag-thing is not bad and the IDF-slings are the best I know) and an aimpoint of some kind.

Lance

this maybe interesting for us AGM M4 GBB-Owners:

http://www.filairsoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78234

Lance

Wow, 1000 rounds and still works with only some jams. Sounds like it's as (un-)reliable as the real deal. :D

Btw, an update of available spare parts/ accesories (all prices in HK$ plus shipping):

Anti Rotation pins HK$60,

Ambidextrous Fire Selector $80,

Metal CNC Hopup Chamber $150,

Valve Key $90, Plastic Bolt $95

Bolt Catch $70

Single QD sling mount $110

Aluminium Buffer $100

CNC Steel Seal $70

3-Teiliges Barrel set $280

Mags $180/each

Replica of Trijicon ARD $180

wrong part - the bit you're thinking of is on opposite side of the bolt carrier, the bit in that photo above is just a small side piece that was supposed to represent the real deals extractor

bit of a fifty fifty tbh - if its left off it'll be somewhere else to pick up ###### but if its glued on less than 100 percent then it'll be something to work loose at worst possible time and jam something up.. so really comes down towether the OP is confident about doing a decent glue job on it

Pah, I forgot about that wee bit! In any case, it's not really a necessary part...

In other news, I think I may have the holy grail of the AGM M4; a dirt cheap and pretty easy way to reduce the power to whatever you want! I'm going to continue fiddling with it, and if I can get the power consistently below 330, I'll post it up. Currently, it's firing around 345 with Ultrair power gas.

Well I fired a few more rounds though without it on and the gun jammed. A bb was stuck in the hop with a piece of White plastic. Upon inspection part of the tab on the opposite side that locks in to the bolt carrier has broken off. It's still secure but I'm going to need a new one.

Now was it because the other tab wasn't on or was it the pro-arms bolt?

Anyone that has replaced their agm bolt completely contact me. Good money waiting for one :)

that part being missing or not wouldnt affect the latch on the other side (it doesnt provide any sort of stand-off)

by sounds of it your new bolt was just the bolt itself (no fake ejector and no side latch part)?

If so then I think reason for the problem is that the AGM side latch piece is looser (cos the rails of the AGM bolt that it rests against are thicker) I found it way too tough to fit a RA-tech plastic side latch (or CNC aluminium side latch) in place along with an AGM bolt.

Even when it does go in it doesnt sit flush and the bolt binds up rather than retracting smoothly

Same applies other direction fit AGM latch with RA-tech plastic or aluminium bolts and the latch wibble and wobbles

sooo.. if you're ditching the AGM bolt you need to ditch its side latch at same time (Ra-techs bolts each come with one and the equivalent fake extractor)

only other thing to watch is theres a teeny difference in the overall length of the bolts (at lest compared with RA-tech) Both my RA-tech plastic and CNCd aluminium bolts are around 0.4mm longer than the AGM part, so they actually sit a little proud of the AGM bolt carrier face - dont think its enough to be significant (and havent had chance to fire them up as Im now out of canned gas) but figure I might as well mention it.

Anybody know where to get a high-flow valve or just a replacement valve?

Mine is completely fubared now (one o-ring was ripped during disassembly and the valve striker shroud is so gnarled that the striker will no longer move smoothly and fully into position).

If not, I guess I'll just buy a GHK mag to solve other problems aswell.

Edited by T0p Sp!N

Regarding the EBB hop-up unit, I've given up with it for now.

It seems as though the pivot point for the hop arm is slightly higher up than on the OEM hop-up.

This means that the arm cannot physically pivot downwards far enough because the opposite end of the arm is restricted by the adjuster.

This could probably be fixed by heating up the arm and bending it slightly but, frankly, I'd rather not bother trying that when there doesn't really seem that there's much wrong with the OEM hop-up.

WHAT ABOUT THE BUCKING(RUBBER HOP UP SLEEVE) IS IT THE SAME STYLE AS AEG BUCKING ? COULD I PUT A SYSTEMA BUCKING ON THERE

No, AEG buckings do not fit. And stop typing in capitals, it makes you sound like a loud, obnoxious idiot.

Okay, I just got my AI Propane adapter in and gassed it up. I used Coleman propane. Magazine doesn't leak. I have the 062 (RIS version).

The blowback is nice and crisp. Not as strong as I wanted it to be, it's on par with my friend's WE M4. The thing is loud too, I was shooting it indoors, hopefully the neighbors won't complain :P.

It's fun to shoot though.

Two things I dislike right away:

1) BBs roll out of the barrel once they are chambered.

2) The bolt doesn't lock back when the magazine is empty on semi auto but it locks back on full auto.

I'm going to go ahead and open up the hop-up unit and check what's happening. I'm also going to have to open up the mag and put a spacer under the spring to make it push up on the lever with more force to engage the bolt stop.

I have a full set of Inokatsu lower reciever parts coming in so hopefully that'll be a fix for the bolt stop.

I'll do the mods and post up the results.

Thanks,

-Luis

P.S.

Stealthbomber: My mag doesn't swell up :D.

Edited by Luis21

Quite a show you're running here Stealth, it's quite amusing :P.

Anyways, I opened up my mag and fixed it. Now it locks back on every single shot when it's empty.

I'll post up in a couple hours when I come back from work.

Now all I have to do is stop the BBs from rolling out of the barrel when it's pointed down.

Other than that I'm happier with this gun. :D

-Luis

Well, with 69 posts behind you it's not like you'll be missed.

Since when does post count show anything about the value of a member? For all we know a person with 69 posts here could have 4000 top quality posts on a technical forum such as Airsoft Mechainics. Maybe said person is an engineer at Airsoft Surgeon, or maybe he works full time as an air smith. I for one have probably almost 10,000, definitely far over 5,000, airsoft posts under my belt on various forums. Does that make me better because of it? Or worse because i only have a couple hundred here? I think not. I understand it was a joke, but still.

just my .02.

Back on topic, I just pulled the trigger on some fun modifications for my AGM. It will be done (externally) when i get my order from EBB. That will probably be the last stuff to come. Then ill take my time acquiring an EOTech replica.

Edited by stew_b_10