KS USP .45 First Impressions

mrc28052009_002.jpg

mrc28052009.jpg

mrc28052009_001.jpg

I haven't had the chance to field test it yet.

PROS:

-Overall finish is quite good (much better than other ACM pistols like Bell 1911 or Army G17, for example)

-Functional decocking lever.

-Magazine fills greatly, no spills nor failures to fill.

-Blowback is pretty hard (and loud)

-Comes with rail adapter, lock key and speedloader.

-Best Chinglish manual ever, LOL

CONS:

-Badly painted white dots on the sights.

-Trades are laser engraved, not machine cut.

-Safety/decocking lever is way too hard (or I skipped breakfast today).

-Safety does not work in double action mode (realsteel feature?)

-Magazine catch is weak and has a lame feel.

-You cannot see the remaining rounds in the mag.

-No spare mags yet.

What's so negative about laser engraved trades?

And could you test if it's compatible (at least mag-wise) with KSC or TM?

Well, I think that the real ones are machine engraved, the kind you can fill with paint...

A friend has the KSC version (old system AFAIK), I'll swap mags ASAP to check.

That HAS to be a KSC clone. Even that number on the slide 25-094705 is the same as the one on my KSC metal slide .45 USP.

I would expect the mag to be compatible with KSCs and vice versa, however I'd be grateful if Jungle can confirm this.

As this is likely a clone of the KSC, I would expect the safety to be just about non-functional. It's like that on my KSC USP too.

That HAS to be a KSC clone. Even that number on the slide 25-094705 is the same as the one on my KSC metal slide .45 USP.

I would expect the mag to be compatible with KSCs and vice versa, however I'd be grateful if Jungle can confirm this.

As this is likely a clone of the KSC, I would expect the safety to be just about non-functional. It's like that on my KSC USP too.

Mine worked fine, on all 4 of them. :)

JUst a heads up. the Taiwan version of the KSC metal slide is also laser engraved.

It's a clone, it's got to be cheap.

You can check HKPRO to see what I mean about the trades.

It's good to hear that mags are compatible... only that they seem to be out of stock anywhere. That and the fact that the replica comes with a speedloader is making me quite uneasy... :(

I know what you mean. Again I say, cost effectiveness. so no laser engraving, only edging.

YOu can always install a Shooters design slide.

the KSC USP also came with a speedloader, practically every KSC/KWA does.

I bought one; RSOV used too much orange... but I'm still in love with the gun. I pretty much agree with the initial review, and initially, the safety/decock were both extremely hard to activate, but after doing it several times, it has broken in, same with the magazine catch. My white dots are fine, they're painted inside the circular indentations, its just that they're not as deep as I would like... For the safety, mine sometimes engages... but if i press the trigger extremely hard (much harder than I would normally pull to fire), then occasionally it fires. But this was an issue with the original KSC as well. I think they did a great job of cloning the original... they even cloned the bad features... I can't wait for more mags to come out..

Edited by massoh2

*UPDATE: SAFETY WARNING!!!*

I don't know if this may happen with all KS USP's or even with KSC ones, or if it is a problem with my specific unit. The case is that when you press the decoking lever on a full magazine, the pistol starts shooting full auto -without touching the trigger of course- until it runs out of ammo.

To anyone who has one, please check this in a safe manner and in any case do not try to decock the pistol while pointing at somebody.

In addition, does someone know if this ever happens with KSC pistols too?

I'm growing a suspicion that these are not clones but faulty KSC's which somehow made their way to the ACM market... :(

*UPDATE: SAFETY WARNING!!!*

I don't know if this may happen with all KS USP's or even with KSC ones, or if it is a problem with my specific unit. The case is that when you press the decoking lever on a full magazine, the pistol starts shooting full auto -without touching the trigger of course- until it runs out of ammo.

To anyone who has one, please check this in a safe manner and in any case do not try to decock the pistol while pointing at somebody.

In addition, does someone know if this ever happens with KSC pistols too?

I'm growing a suspicion that these are not clones but faulty KSC's which somehow made their way to the ACM market... :(

Who's to say that's a bad feature... :rolleyes:

full auto with a KSC USP? never seen heard or expierenced. ans like I already mentioned, I had 4 of them.

I don't think this has anything to do with faulty KSC's. Just plain and simple bad cloning.

WE had the same problems with their M9 range.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

had my hands on one of these the other sunday nice and crisp action, quite fun great for someone looking for a sidearm thats not a boring glock and wont cost the earth (i think glocks are boring, i dont feel the urge to hear your counter arguement, anyone, its just a opinion if your are offended then try to find the strength to live on) :)