Polyswitch

Noodle_2000

If I remember correctly, I think they work on heat, so if there is a small/short peak/surge above the rating it shouldn't flip. But you'll get a better/more reliable answer from someone who didn't almost fail electrics part of physics :P

Wasnt happy with anything digikey had.

Point being with something that cycles over 20 times per second, none of the poly switches trip fast enough for my liking, especially considering 2 of the guns in my collection are over 35 rps

Azulsky, it depends on what people want the fuse to protect. In my setup it's to prevent the wiring and batteries from burning out in the event of a short circuit if the wiring is somehow damaged, rather than trying to stop mechanical damage as a result of a gearbox jam. In that application it's adequate and has tripped once when the cladding on my m4's wiring was accidentally cut and shorted out the battery :)

yup, i use the fuse to protect my batteries more than anything else, then the wiring/motor from turning into blue smoke and

fire.

the fuse will not save my gearbox, but it will prevent everything else from catching fire from a gearbox failure or battery short.

graph looks reasonable time depending on current, 40A trips 7 seconds, where 150A in 0.1 seconds, so depends on a fault

current/short current battery can supply. mine are rated for 100-150A discharge. how long does it take a standard fuse to blow?

could also select a lower rated switch fuse thing, firing short bursts possibly would be fine, though prolonged full auto would trip

out.

i chose the ones i did with, 11A hold and 18A trip, as my guns had 10A fuses as standard so just went with that.

should get some time on them this weekend, to see if they will last.

Wasnt happy with anything digikey had.

Point being with something that cycles over 20 times per second, none of the poly switches trip fast enough for my liking, especially considering 2 of the guns in my collection are over 35 rps

Which is why I've stayed away from them. I'm looking at testing a few soon, just to see. The thought is if the current is high enough (as it would be with a direct short), it would trip earlier. So I'm still looking into offering them with my mosfet setups. I'll be testing some this week or next.

Which is why I've stayed away from them. I'm looking at testing a few soon, just to see. The thought is if the current is high enough (as it would be with a direct short), it would trip earlier. So I'm still looking into offering them with my mosfet setups. I'll be testing some this week or next.

Cool do let us know

All of my guns are fuseless as of right now, havent suffered a break that would have been prevented by a fuse in a long time. I just say my daily incantations to the mechbox gods

Archived