There has been a lot of confusion about this, but power levels aren't the only factor to consider. A full-auto air rifle is different as Air Rifles have rifled barrels - Airsoft does not. This changes the classification and the laws that pertain to this replica. There are also other key differences that take this outside current legislation, but I don't have all the details to hand at the moment.

Basically, my gun was checked at Customs 2 days ago and they thought it was ok. Airsoft Scotland are selling these guns and they have no problems importing or selling them.

Also, it is illegal to import parts that have no other purpose than to build or manufacture firearms, yet the Systema M160 spring is still allowed.

All of the above at the very least clearly illustrates that these slightly more powerful replicas are ok to own and import. The problems come when you try to skirmish with it, as assault laws come in to play, and assault laws take no account of rifling or other minor details like that.

Anyway, this isn't really the best place to get in to this, but hopefully the info I have provided will help you to understand why these replicas are fine for UK sale. ;)

Good point well raised though :)

---------------

Incidentally, that post you quoted is way off anyway.

hit 350fps, it's then outputting more than one joule, and is thus classed as a full auto airrifle, which are illigal unless you have a section 5 Firearms Certificate (which allows you full auto weaponry)

Why 350fps? 328fps is 1 Joule (with 0.20g BBs). Air rifle classifications don't apply due to the rifling of the barrel and other factors anyway. I think the original poster was misinformed.

Arn's note: A firearm is according to UK law a "lethal barrelled weapon", rifling on a barrel makes zero difference to a firearm's classification/status, in the same way that adding a smooth bore barrel to a 7.62mm rifle does not make it legal to own without a FAC ticket. Auto-loading and automatic firearms are prohibited under Section 5 of the Firearms act. Whilst customs may check and allow items into this country this does not certify that the item checked is legal as they are not a legal authority.

The determining factor as to whether an Airsoft replica is a Firearm is lethality and that is a matter for the Courts to decide. A police officer would be within his powers to report/arrest someone with an overly powerful f/a Airsoft and then it is down to the CPS as to whether they would prosecute. It is for this reason that there's a 1J limit on all UK sales in the forums and a 1J recommendation for UK owners/players.

Edited by Arnie

Thanks for clarifying that.

The quote was lifted from another thread somewhere else (I was Googling for the answer) and I think the 350fps related to a specific spring rate that someone was inquiring about.

Cheers.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My first airsoft gun was a cybergun co2 sigma, it was labelled as the 450 fps kwc sigma and so I got into disputes with the online shop and just ended up keeping the 310fps cybergun sigma. Learning from that mistake, I now have the KWC Co2 Uzi and Desert Eagle. They are both brilliant, KWC make great Co2 guns, most of the parts are all metal. I also have the valve in which you can use green gas etc. I would advise on not getting it although it works the cycling of the guns definitely find it harder. I am now tempted to get the KWC Taurus PT99 as it completely metal. I consider myself as a KWC collector as no other company make better co2 airsoft guns. I personally believe skirmish site/law should increase the fps to 350 because isn’t it very disappointing when you skirmish especially outside when the bb dips or gets catches in the wind? After all it’s a simulation of military ops with real guns and real bullets when fired don’t dip until after like a mile lol. Although I have no experience in skirmishing I am guessing with the maximum power output of 328fps this would happen.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont know if the thread is dead or not, but I definitely have to say that the KWC Mini-Uzi is one of the most fun guns I own, even if I can't use it on the skirmish field. As a matter of fact, its the ONLY gun of many that I've owned that just isnt practical for field use. But I still keep it and I love it's classic and simple style.

That's a result of its recoil and realism involved in its construction, also it's reliabilty and ease of maintenence. I can literally field strip and put the gun back together blindfolded. As a pure collectors item, it's top notch.

A few things to the negative of the Mini-Uzi, solely based on other people's different playing styles and information stemming back to a few years ago when the gun first came out. I'm not a movie star or a sprayer and prayer when I actually need to hit a target that will shoot back at me. However, gunning down innocent soda cans for the hell of it is a different story.

The gun weighs almost 8 lbs. It's not something you can accurately use with just one hand, let alone try to weild one in each hand. Not a small profile for a gun either. It's actually bigger than it looks in a picture. It's a full on submachine gun, not a machine pistol. In other words it's not an like an M11 or a Skorpion. It wont fit in a holster. It'd be like trying to use two MP5A5's with all the accessories attached at the same time. It also kicks hard enough on both semi or fully automatic to need to control the weapon using a two handed stance to keep the gun on target.

The kits that are available for green gas are lousy, both the FPS and ROF drop considerably and become not good enough for use in ANY airsoft related combat envirionment, CQB or no. Green Gas is still too slow. Using Red gas will still put you over the limit. The Uzi's bolt by itself is a two pound chunk of metal, as in the real steel as well. The Mini-Uzi's particular cool down effect and gas consumption is no wonder why it occurs if you keep that in mind. There is simply NO gas that will run this gun efficiently without severe cool down, and no modifications are (or will be) available to change that fact.

The gas conversion kits were a botched attempt to make the gun field worthy and they're not worth the money, even if you can still find them at all. The only thing I've tried to do was use heavier BB's to reduce the velocity. Only .30g's work well enough to keep the gun just on or under my 400 FPS field limit. The hop up BARELY corrects a .20g BB enough to begin with at the higher velocity this gun shoots. I'd recommend using at least .25g BB's, even for backyard or basement shooting for accuracy reasons.

The added cost of heavier .30g BB's for field use, along with the relatively low ammo capacity of 39 rounds in the Uzi's magazine means a much bigger expense than using my TM MP5K AEG as a backup in a woodland area or as a primary weapon in CQB environments. At $40 bucks a pop without the shipping, more mags add up very quickly, not to mention being forced to use CO2 capsules instead of a rechargeable battery as in an AEG. If you have a deeper wallet, go for it. If youre on a budget and looking for a field gun, this one won't be for you.

In the end, it's not really a truly practical field gun, as much as we hope it would or could be. But, it's still a GREAT gun to shoot or own. I honestly wouldn't own something I cant use in the field, except for this. It's the one gun that stands out from rest in that respect, because it's more realistic than an AEG to operate and shoot. Nothing else gas operated even comes close either to having around just for the fun of it.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the necro post, but I need to get some info.

Just got the bayonet lug for the mini uzi, and now can mount a vertical foregrip to my KWC mini uzi.

Still need a silencer. Tried to scour the inter.net through, but no help there.

Some dude said that the russian pbs1 will fit, if the 14mm adaptor is removed. There was even a photo. Who knows...

Will the WA made silencer fir KWC too? Is TMC reliable place to order? It semms, that they have it in stock. Salty price though. 58 dollars before shipping.

Still need to fab up the upper rail for the aimpoint and I´ll have a skirmishable SMG for CQB next spring. Nice!

Cheers

-Hessu-

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone has basically mentioned almost everything I would like to say. It is a fantastic little shooter, the only downside is lack of sight rails and expensive CO2 usage.

A few things to add from my point of view:

- There are two versions of this gun, one is sub 300fps and one is over/around 450fps. You can mod the 300fps version to get it over 450fps with a dremel on the floating valve.

- It uses the WA positive pressure system except there is no spring return for the floating valve, making the FPS very inconsistent. It can be modified to be a negative pressure system by installing a return spring for the floating valve.

- Its not that accurate beyond 20m (Due to the positive pressure system requiring a constricted breech rubber sleeve that affects accuracy), though I have hit players at >35m. Once it is modified to be NPS the hop rubber can be modded for better accuracy.

- It is also possible to improve the hop up by modifying the hop adjustor in the same shape as a H-hop nub, improving accuracy.

- Depending where you are and how willing other players are, its more than skirmish worthy out of the box, it gives an unparalleled power (and potentially better accuracy) in a small package. I only use the Mini UZI in winter when most of my other propane powered GBBs don't have enough gas pressure to cycle, but I still want to have fun with a GBB, and it doesn't get past 420fps with the NPS blowback system.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

yes, and this is an awesome gun!!! One thing that wasn't mentioned is that it is fully liscensed by Israeli Military Industries (IMI) so the markings are very realistic. When the gun was advertised as a "mini-UZI" I was thinking mac-11 or something like that, but its simply a more compact version of the full size UZI (i don't know if "carbine" would be an accurate moniker).

I'm glad I read the above posts about the Green Gas kit being bunk. The recoil on this gun is definately unbelievable. The most recoil that I've experienced with an airsoft gun. The realism is fantastic.

When I was looking at the exploded diagram for the KWC and then looked at the real steel exploded diagram, i was shocked at the similarites!! Anyway, besides the part #Z02 that broke, this gun has been great. I love this gun as a wall hanger as well as a plinker! Just my 2 cents