Just a quick one for you.

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow and a video when I have the time.... ;)

First impressions

It comes in a smart black plastic case, which thoughtfully has several slots to store spare Co2 cartridges ( and boy will you need them! ).

Included is a front sight adjustment tool and a " key " for changing the co2 capsules in the mag. The instructions make a refreshing change, reasonable english and photo's rather than drawings - good move KWC!.

Moving on

Upon picking the gun up, the weight strikes you immediately - it's very heavy!.

Despite most of the lower being plastic, it's been executed so well that it looks like metal, and the overall build quality is impressive indeed.

The metal fold out stock is very solid and locks nicely into place.

The hop is very easily adjusted, by rotating the " barrel locking ring ". Easiest hop adjustment yet.

The grip safety is fully operational.

The mag is easily loaded with bb's via the included loading tool and the co2 capsule, while taking longer to change than it would to give a mag a squirt of gas, was still reasonably quick to replace.

Firing.

Now this is where this thing totally ROCKS!

The recoil is immediately apparent, being at least ( I guess ) four times that of my metal slide WA Infinty running on green, and the noise is at least four times more as well.

The bolt cycles on firing, but as it's on the right of the gun, is not seen by a right handed shooter. This is a million miles away from shooting an aeg in full / semi and both looks and feels very realistic.

The rof of this thing in full auto is just crazy, and such that a couple of spare mags will be mandatory.

In full auto it will use a complete co2 per mag, but I found using a mixture of single and short full auto bursts, I could get nearly 2 mags worth of bb's.

Accuracy

I carried out a brief test on a 14" square cardboard box, and could hit it every time in either semi or full at around 20m, which is certainly good enough for me!.

In conclusion

Simply a must have in your collection.

Superb build, addictive to fire, easy to strip and maintain and quite honestly the doggies dangly things.

Only downside is, make sure you buy the co2's in bulk. Keeps the price down, as you'll go through them like mad. Due to the noise levels, it's unlikely you'll get away with using this in the house, and even outside, you'd need a big garden and understanding neighbours

EDIT.

Many thanks to Airsoft Scotland for supplying the gun on time, good advice and good service........ ;)

Edited by garry

Do you use normal CO2 capsules, or those maintenance ones with added lubricant? If it's the normal ones, don't the internals get very dry pretty quickly? Or do the internals seem to be made for use with normal capsules?

It certainly sounds like something I must have, sooner or later. :P

Excellent. Hardcore has her eye on one of these (or possibly a pair for that trinity esque goodness) but they have to be skirmishable first. Can whoever posts the review please cover how easy the replacement of the valve unit is?

Changing the co2 capsule is just the same as the KWC DE or Sigma, unscrew the cap, push in the 12g co2 bulb and screw the cap back on.

Takes about 5 seconds if you practice.

Another alternative is to get lots of mags...

Sorry, I haven't been clear.

I'd be looking to buy these and put the green gas adaptor in. I was wanting whoever put the review up to comment on how easy it was to swap out the co2 parts for the green gas parts.

Faster than changing co2 bulbs. Just remove the cap and insert the cap with a valve instead...

Hello guys.

Utty.

I've used the crosman powerlets which contain silicon lube, but normal ones should be fine. The gun is dead easy to strip for a quick spray of lube. Should be fine.

Sledge.

Not tried green yet, I might buy the adapter and try. I'm interested what it would be like on that as well.

Blitz.

The recoil is superb. I tried a DE hardkick recently and going by memory I would say this is at minimum 3 - 4 times greater ( using co2 ).

Gas Mod Kit for KWC UZI.

This piece of kit replaces the chrome CO2 bulb compression screw on the bottom of the mag and converts it into a standard gas mag. Why? So you can legally and safely use these fantastic UZI's in skirmish or CQB situations :D

http://www.airsoftscotland.com/acatalog/Special_Offers.html

6th item down on the page.

Apparently though, it ont work on anything lower than Red gas.

My KWC Co2 DE's recoil springs are so f-ing strong that I really doubt it can use Green Gas.

Airsoft Scotland have tried one on green. It doesn't cycle as fast and the recoil is reduced, but they say it's eminetly skirmishable.

• 2 months later...

*albatross* actually say that with the Green Gas adapter installed, this gun fires at about 350 which would rule it out for Urban skirmishing pretty much throughout the UK. :(

However, there are several gasses that are only slightly weaker than green - probably enough to bring the gun under 1 joule - it's just a question of finding one that is weak enough to be safe, yet strong enough to cycle the gun correctly.

Garry - Where do you get the CO2 in bulk from? I have one of these KWC Uzis in transit to me from WGC presently and can see myself getting through a good 20 cartridges a day (probably more if it is as much fun as you say). I presently get my bulbs from a local store (DAI) for £6.50 per pack of 10. I really want to get these closer to £3 per pack of 10, but haven't seen them at that price anywhere. *albatross* advertise a bulk price of £49 for 100 which is better, but I will probably get through 100 bulbs per week very easily, so I still need them cheaper. What is the cheapest you have found so far?

Cheers ;)

hi r22 master

i am going to america these holidays and am hoping to bring back bulk c02 packages, to gain a little money and help you guys out :)

they are VERY cheap over there, BUt can you just confirm if i will be able to get them through customs, back on the plane??

PM me if interested :)

Okay, I received my KWC CO2 Mini Uzi yesterday and I've barely been able to put it down since, so I thought I'd weigh in with a Mini-Review of my own. I may well do a full review once I have put a few thousand shots through it in all conditions.

Gerry's review (first post in this thread) was so good though, I am going to base my review on his, as I also agree with most of what he said.

In the below review, text in blue is Garry's comments from his review, and text in red show my comments...

------------------------------------------

First impressions

It comes in a smart black plastic case, which thoughtfully has several slots to store spare Co2 cartridges ( and boy will you need them! ).

Yes, the case is beautiful and very solid. There are slots in the lid for 5 spare CO2 capsules which is a great benefit, but it could really have done with 10 or more slots in my opinion).

Included is a front sight adjustment tool and a " key " for changing the co2 capsules in the mag. The instructions make a refreshing change, reasonable english and photo's rather than drawings - good move KWC!.

Moving on

Upon picking the gun up, the weight strikes you immediately - it's very heavy!

Despite most of the lower being plastic, it's been executed so well that it looks like metal, and the overall build quality is impressive indeed.

The metal fold out stock is very solid and locks nicely into place.

The hop is very easily adjusted, by rotating the " barrel locking ring ". Easiest hop adjustment yet.

The grip safety is fully operational.

I have found that the grip safety works flawlessly, but it has stopped me pulling the trigger a few times because my hand was not gripping the gun in exactly the right place. I am considering disabling this safety as good dun handling techniques makes it unneccessary. However, considering the power of this gun, an extra safety is probably a good thing for most people, to help avoid accidental injuries.

The mag is easily loaded with bb's via the included loading tool and the co2 capsule, while taking longer to change than it would to give a mag a squirt of gas, was still reasonably quick to replace.

Firing.

Now this is where this thing totally ROCKS!

The recoil is immediately apparent, being at least ( I guess ) four times that of my metal slide WA Infinty running on green, and the noise is at least four times more as well.

The recoil and noise is indeed impressive on this gun. The bang is greater than any other Airsoft gun I have used, although it can be compared as being only slightly louder than the TM Desert Eagle HardKick - It is a LOT louder than most other GBBs though.

The recoil is great fun and most noticable when using the solid stock as it translates the shock of each shot right through to the shoulder. However, the recoil is not as amazing as most web-reviews of this gun would have you believe. It is better than practically every other gun commercially available, but I have one better. I have a customised Maruzen MP5k GBB to which I have attacked a folding stock and steel backbone, and this kicks more than the Uzi. However, as this is not commercially available, I would say the Uzi takes the win here as being best "Out-Of-The-Box".

The bolt cycles on firing, but as it's on the right of the gun, is not seen by a right handed shooter. This is a million miles away from shooting an aeg in full / semi and both looks and feels very realistic.

It is worth clarifying that it is the bolt and NOT the charging handle that cycles with each shot. As the inner bolt cycles, the charging handle remains forward during operation.

The rof of this thing in full auto is just crazy, and such that a couple of spare mags will be mandatory.

This is one of the only points I would disagree with. The ROF is very similar to a real-steel AK47 and noticably slower than the real-steel Mini-Uzi. In the world of Airsoft, I would say the ROF of this gun on CO2 is just slightly slower than a stock TM AEG. This is a good thing though, as the cooldown effect would just cripple this gun if the ROF was any higher.

In full auto it will use a complete co2 per mag, but I found using a mixture of single and short full auto bursts, I could get nearly 2 mags worth of bb's.

I have found that the main reason for and against gas efficiency in this gun is due to cool-down. Cool-Down is a major factor here because the gas usage is HUGE and the reservoir is very small (the capsule). If you were to shoot one shot per minute you would probably get a good 2 mags worth of gas out of each capsule, but rapid firing will stop you from even emptying one. I have found that I can shoot the gun on full-auto to within 1 shot of it running out of gas, then stop shooting for 5 minutes. If I then start shooting again, I can get another 10 to 15 shots out of it. The key to getting more shots per capsule is most definitely the waiting time between shots - the longer you wait, the more shots you get.

Accuracy

I carried out a brief test on a 14" square cardboard box, and could hit it every time in either semi or full at around 20m, which is certainly good enough for me!.

The HOP-UP can be a bit tricky to get just right as the cool-down effect will throw off your shots. Take your time though and it is dead easy. Accuracy is excellent when the HOP-UP is set just right, but again, accuracy goes down when rapid firing as the strength of shots changes. It is still better than most other GBBs though ;)

Power

This gun is VERY powerful and must be treated with respect. I have chronographed this gun at anywhere between 493fps and 471fps with 0.20g BBs while running on CO2. IT IS NOT SKIRMISH-WORTHY. This is a plinker, a target shooter and great for knocking down cans, but do NOT shoot at another person with one - it will be dangerous.

Maintenance and Improvements

This gun is VERY easy to take apart. From its fully assembled condition, I can remove the main bolt in 2 seconds dead and that is without practice.

Lubrication REALLY improves the efficiency and performance of this gun. The manual indicates 3 locations where oiling is beneficial - it is correct. Most notably, the top, sides and bottom of the bolt can be lubed to seriously increase gas efficiency (less resistance = less gas needed per shot).

Also, I add a couple of drops of silicone oil in to the capsule-gasket before loading each capsule. This stops leaks, increases the life of the seals and gives the internals a nice bit of lubrication while firing.

The "Green Gas / TOP Gas adapter"

There is an adapter that you can get for this gun that allows it to run on Green Gas. The adapter however was primarily designed for other guns in the KWC range (the DE, etc...) and does not do a very good job in this Uzi. After a good chat to Airsoft Scotland this afternoon on the phone, they advised me not to bother with one of these. The output power levels they provide are still over 1 joule and the efficiency is even worse than with the CO2 capsules. My thanks to Airsoft Scotland for their honesty. ;)

In conclusion

Simply a must have in your collection.

Superb build, addictive to fire, easy to strip and maintain and quite honestly the doggies dangly things.

Only downside is, make sure you buy the co2's in bulk. Keeps the price down, as you'll go through them like mad. Due to the noise levels, it's unlikely you'll get away with using this in the house, and even outside, you'd need a big garden and understanding neighbours

Gotta agree here. This gun is AMAZING. It's VERY heavy, great fun to shoot and makes even the weediest chap look like a manly stud :)

The noise isn't a tremendous problem even indoors, but if you have touchy parents or partners it might get their attention.

I am REALLY glad I have got one of these and will be splashing out on a couple of spare mags shortly. You MUST buy the CO2 in bulk though. I have used 25 capsules in the last 24 hours and I have been really trying to restrain myself. It is just too much fun to ignore and if you are a fan of realistic operating airsoft guns, this HAS to be the best thing you can get. Just such a shame it will never see a skirmish field.

Hope that helps ;)

From another forum...

>> hit 350fps, it's then outputting more than one joule, and is thus classed as a full auto airrifle, which are illigal unless you have a section 5 Firearms Certificate (which allows you full auto weaponry)

At 2.25J full auto is the UZI legal? I know someone's going to say this is covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find the info and this is specific to a gun on sale in the UK.

Cheers.

Cheers.