Firefly/Serenity loadouts

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm thinking I might put together a firefly inspired rig.

for a primary I've got an mp5sd, and either a detonics or a glock as a secondary, although I'm looking to get a western style holster for one or 'tother. I'd prefer to have an older school primary or secondary, but that's a budget issue.

my big issue is clothing. shirts are easy, and I can't see trousers being too much of an issue, but I'm thinking I really need a pair of braces, not dissimilar to the captain's. Anyone got any ideas where I might find a pair, everything I've seen has been modern style ones with the little metal clips.

• 2 weeks later...

My attempt is slowly being roughed out, and I've been playing with boot options:

WqdwnJu.jpg

tc3Rk0b.jpg

I'm not sure about either, anyone got any feedback?*

*Please ignore the clip-on braces, I stuck them on as a placeholder for some RAF button on examples.

Course, now my friend has persuaded me to do a Jayne cosplay, I might just tweak that for skirmishing.....

Edit: would have helped if I'd actually put the pictures on.

Long boots look better imho.

looking at them now, in the photo's, I agree. I wasn't so sure in the mirror.

19th C. cavalry style boots would be killer.

Absolutely. And very expensive. these where buried in the garage from dad's horse riding days (before I was born, so >21 years ago) and so where free!

they're also slightly too large. so I'll have to wear heavy socks with them. definitely an autumn/winter load-out.

I think some kind of insignia somewhere wouls look cool too. Like something that you were proud to wear but its not to show off, its for your own sense of pride, if you get what I mean.

I like it!

Might see if I can get a few different patches (alliance security?) and put them either on a suitable canvas shoulder bag for carrying my spare mags, pyro etc, or an old OD m65 jacket or simmilar.

Might even see if I can slip a patch that references star-trek somewhere in there. Man's gotta fly the flag ;)

Archived