Firefly/Serenity loadouts

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, dunno what that is. I meant these:

CavBoots.jpg

Cheaper than buying knee high riding boots as you could essentially make them yourself using vinyl instead of leather and match them with a pair of old Dockers. Add spats to cover the laces.

I'll be making something not dissimilar (but shorter) out of nylon webbing for my Jayne cosplay. might see how that looks when I finish them.

Didnt Jayne wear regular combat boots?

If you look close, in the first episode he had US jungle boots, with a short cuff on-top.

Like this:

best6gy-2.jpg

In the rest of the series the jungle boots where replaced by North face Hiking boots, since the jungle boots where painful for Adam Baldwin's feet, but the cuffs remained.

He didn't wear jungle boots in Full Metal Jacket, ordinary leather military boots. Also people's feet spread with age so it's entirely possible his feet are wider now than they were then. Plus I'd imagine they had a wider variety of military boots during the filming of Full Metal Jacket then they did for Firefly.

Also, another vote for the riding boots, they make me think "Firefly" the other boots make me think "that is a very odd combination of clothes and foot ware".

• 2 months later...

Archived