Ares Tavor Tar 21 Review

Truth is nothing will happen, because people don't care. I payed for a TSI knowing it does not have a sight for various reasons, including speaking directly to TSI employees and being able to trust that an American Company will provide for me what I expected. On the other hand, people who bought the ARES got it with this "defective" sight, and instead of doing what they should, which is return the gun and ask for a refund, they ghetto rigged it. Now if you payed 500 dollars so you can ghetto rig your gun to have a non MARS sight, that is fine by me, but I personally know, placed in your situation, that gun would be back at the retailers next day if not same day.

Until customers start acting like its a problem when a company does not deliver the goods, this ###### products will keep being made, and shipped, because they trust that their customers do not have enough backbone to say something and actually take action. This is not the first, and definitely not hte last time a manufacturer will sell something that doesnt work and not care. And the only people to blame are the customers themselves.

Edited by Sayeret
  • Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth is nothing will happen, because people don't care. I payed for a TSI knowing it does not have a sight for various reasons, including speaking directly to TSI employees and being able to trust that an American Company will provide for me what I expected. On the other hand, people who bought the ARES got it with this "defective" sight, and instead of doing what they should, which is return the gun and ask for a refund, they ghetto rigged it. Now if you payed 500 dollars so you can ghetto rig your gun to have a non MARS sight, that is fine by me, but I personally know, placed in your situation, that gun would be back at the retailers next day if not same day.

Until customers start acting like its a problem when a company does not deliver the goods, this ###### products will keep being made, and shipped, because they trust that their customers do not have enough backbone to say something and actually take action. This is not the first, and definitely not hte last time a manufacturer will sell something that doesnt work and not care. And the only people to blame are the customers themselves.

I think you have a good point. I'm beginning to think that perhaps I should just send the rifle back for a refund given that no warranty is ever going to fix that rubbish red dot site.

I'm cheesed off at ARES who do not seem to give dot - or should I say a red dot.

ARES - are you reading this feedback? Do you care?

Edited by bbstriker

Personally, I would gladly return the ARES Tavor, but it was ordered from overseas. Given the costs and duties payed, I would still lose considerably money if I sent it back. So I am keeping it until TSI Tavor arrives, after which ARES will be sold (for much less that I payed for it). I repeat, if I had the chance to return it, I most definitely would. All I can do about it now is to write about its faults so someone else doesn't make the same error and buys it.

Well, in spite of all the bad press about the MARS sight, pretty much all the talk about the rest of the gun is very positive. So I've decided to take the plunge.

I know the red dot is garbage, thanks to everyone here, so I'm gonna try and rig something else. There are plenty pics out there of Tavors with other optics on them, but I know that's not the point. Ares did properly drop the ball on this one.

You'd think after the pile of carp that was the G36 Dual Optic they (and we) would have learned.

I'll post my thoughts once I've got it and used it in anger (so to speak).

Edited by Rogue845

I've paid 96 USD shipping costs, from HK to here, so if i was to send it back and actually GET a refund, i'd still loose the shipment costs (back and forth) which adds up to a total of 192 USD. So the choice was in the ballance, either loosing 192 uSD and end up without a gun, or , like you put it so well "Ghetto"-rig it and owning a great gun nonetheless.

I'll see whaat the findings are with the TSI, and if it's really, really, really wonderfull, I might do the same as Hristo; selling the Ares and get a TSI.

All I can say again is; Yes the Ares Tavor is a beautyfull and solid gun. Now would I advise someone else to buy an Ares Tavor? No, just because they sell it with a ripoff sight is a sign they do not care about customers satisfaction. So, stay away from that.

Edited by Varry
All I can say again is; Yes the Ares Tavor is a beautyfull and solid gun. Now would I advise someone else to buy an Ares Tavor? No, just because they sell it with a ripoff sight is a sign they do not care about customers satisfaction. So, stay away from that.

Did you buy the Tavor for the sight or the gun?

The performance of the MARS is unfortunate, but at the end of the day, it's removable.

If ARES didn't care about customers satisfaction, the Tavor itself would've been the problem, not the accessory.

That is why these companies sell garbage, the sight was not a free pointless accessory, people payed for a Tavor with a premounted MARS. It would be "less" of a problem if ARES gave you a damn rail to mount a sight on, but they did not even build the Tavor properly by not including the rail. So at the end of the day, you bought a Tavor w/MARS, not a Tavor w/Defective MARS. The longer it takes people to realize that, the more your gonna get pushed around by companies selling half @$$ goods.

Did you buy the Tavor for the sight or the gun?

The performance of the MARS is unfortunate, but at the end of the day, it's removable.

If ARES didn't care about customers satisfaction, the Tavor itself would've been the problem, not the accessory.

I completely agree... So much complaining about an optics, that you would belive most here bought the gun for its sight. Some of us bought the gun for the gun, and are truely satisfied. Yes, the sight is a bit ######, but to be completely honest, I've never been a red dot fan, From the word go, I've intended to fit an ACOG and S barrel to mine... the mars will go in my spares box for all eternity.

That Rail Pudding... it looks a bit... fake no? the real is much higher and extends at the front.

I bought the gun for the IDF look. MARS is essential part, which I also payed for. Without it I would NOT buy the gun, even if it was 100$ less. I have invested a lot into my IDF gear to compromise the whole loadout with an Aimpoint or Eotech. This guns belongs to IDF loadout, and should be correct. That i the only way, I am not interested in combining it with Multicam, CIRAS just as I am not interested in "ghettoing" the gun.

Edited by Hristo

the mars is NOT an essential part.

I'm not sure about what research you did for this loadout... but the IDF forces use some mars sights, some TA01nsn acogs, some TA51 acogs, and Trijicon relfex sights on thier tavor assault rifles. So the mars is merely one option

Its not compromised, its just removed an option till its available... Get an acog? they are pence these days...

Edited by Steel Rayne

I bought the guns in it's whole... Do not see the MARS just as an accesory; do a little research; on the RS the MARS is fixed to the barrel (so infantry can not fiddle themselves on it), so it's an integral part of the weapon. So I bought the "tavor-package". the obvious reason why the MARS is of bad quality, while the gun itself is great; is because Ares had the sight probably made by a contractor company, and Ares didn't really quality checked it, or released it deliberately anyway!

the mars is NOT an essential part.

I'm not sure about what research you did for this loadout... but the IDF forces use some mars sights, some TA01nsn acogs, some TA51 acogs, and Trijicon relfex sights on thier tavor assault rifles. So the mars is merely one option

Its not compromised, its just removed an option till its available... Get an acog? they are pence these days...

Of course, you are right. My English is not the best so I might have used wrong expression. MARS is very important to an IDF loadout, and many times the only correct choice. However, MARS is only one of optics they use on Tavor. They use ACOG too, but not on CTAR, or extremely rarely. Trijicon reflex ? How much does one cost ? Seen them only on older Tavors few years ago.

Yes, I am using ACOG now, but this does not help the feeling that I've been cheated by ARES.

Edited by Hristo

Well the ares track record for optics should have been a heads up.

Trijicon reflexes come in at $400 new, down to $200 second hand with a weaver mount.

Mars is important to SOME front line infantry units, some use the reflex, and if you add an extended barrel, then the acog is perfect for the STAR21... (and I have seen acogs on some CTAR21's in country.)

What if the MARS sight of the ARES TAVOR was great performance, for its shape?

I would've still removed it. Lets face it, the diameter of the MARS sight is ridiculously small compared to a simple reddot or EOtech.

Also, the TSI is going for more than 600USD no? without sight.

Anything extra within' this price? the Gas-conversion? or do you need to buy it seperatly?

Also like that "american quality made" comment.

When I see how much my suppliers try to rip me of in the motorcycle industry, I doubt american quality.

Just hope for those who cash out for a TSI get what they want.

Edited by NeoVeNoM
Its not actually. Its an integral part of ONE barrel, there is a T21 rifle build with a RIS rail on the barrel.. why dont you go do a little research yourself?

I know, But the Ctar has the Barrel with integrated Mars, and the Ctar is the one Ares is modelling.

I know, But the Ctar has the Barrel with integrated Mars, and the Ctar is the one Ares is modelling.

Again, do you really know? The CTAR21 has various options, NOT just a mars, please know what you are talking about before you correct me.

Plus the side rail is odd... the issued one is just one of the under handguard rails from the stock of ar15s...

Edited by Steel Rayne