Ares Tavor Tar 21 Review

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is here!!! Utterly beautiful!!! Which way do i turn to get this orange disgrace off the front barrel though???

The battery is not even here yet but insanely excited this gun feels rock solid. Barrel has minimum wobble only when I twist. The mag catch does not release the mag with a minor press I actually have to pull the mag out it has a tiny amount of resistance.

Minor flash at the back end and behind the grip. Looks amazinggggg pics to come

PICS

Flipped the fire select also put a slightly stiffer spring in it for a better turn and lock. My god that thing was hard to get in place! Accuracy: freaking amazing. I have never had a more consistent AEG. ROF on a 9.6 old school battery is nice can't wait for the 11.1. The mag is very high quality feeds great!

post-62245-0-89970600-1292601748_thumb.jpg

post-62245-0-08910400-1292601751_thumb.jpg

post-62245-0-05040600-1292601753_thumb.jpg

It's positive threaded, so righty tighty, lefty loosey. Glad you're having a good time with yours, and welcome to the club!

I can't believe how tight this thing is on...Still haven't gotten it off yet. I am worried I am going to break the barrel so I laid off until I can get a heat gun.

The gun shoots incredibly. For now just running off of a old 9.6V and it is incredible. High rof, shot to shot consistency is amazing as well

Actually since you're in the US, that red tip is hot-glued on (Cybergun's idea), so if you want to replace it, it's safer to break it apart but I'm guessing you might want to keep it to put it back on if needed, so I recommend dipping it in very hot water so the glue melts off a bit, then like Warpix said, positive threading...

Actually since you're in the US, that red tip is hot-glued on (Cybergun's idea), so if you want to replace it, it's safer to break it apart but I'm guessing you might want to keep it to put it back on if needed, so I recommend dipping it in very hot water so the glue melts off a bit, then like Warpix said, positive threading...

lol bummer, orange thread is not required in a lot of states why would they do this. Oh well hot water it'll be.

• 3 weeks later...

Good to read over this, I bought Lon3wolf's tavor off of ASF and it'll be here tomorrow. Literally everything inside already replaced/added that needs to be there, except new gears and a pulse mosfet I am hoping will fit. It's going to be running like a champ on the lipos I ordered too (I'm guessing 35 rps). I'll let you guys know what I think of it once I play around with it a bit!

One problem that the previous owner has had though... He says the selector switch is finicky and doesnt work from time to time, too strange and unpredictable to even explain the exact problem.... I found a POSSIBLE fix for it but what do you guys think? The fix I found was basically to just tighten the whole mechanism up inside all the way to the gearbox. Sound about right? Any other input?

Thanks!

Edited by hmg9194

Also, one more bit of info needed for my build, I need to make sure a battery will fit. Everything checks out, except that the battery is 1-2 mm taller than a 9.6v elite nunchuck (which i know fits), is there room to play in the battery space? Surely there is that much... Thanks!

should be fine I have a 9.6 in mine right now till my lipo arrives. Good luck with that redic ROF...Way excessive for what I like lol I would be outta rounds in 3 seconds with that!

and the fix for the selector is a few pages back. Theres a single part that can be shaved down to work much better.

Edited by SilentTank

Love the gun, sounds and shoots great with all the upgrades in it, although the "trigger/selector issue" he spoke of effects me as safe and semi are perfectly 100% fine, but full auto works <5% of the time i pull the trigger and when it does it shoots 2 then stops. Idk lol. One question though, in semi auto, I hear a click at the end of the pull (in the trigger mechanism), but not when it is in full auto. Could this be an issue? Need a new trigger? Or maybe how the selector switch and trigger are set up together is off. Idk, what do you guys think? Thanks!

Love the gun, sounds and shoots great with all the upgrades in it, although the "trigger/selector issue" he spoke of effects me as safe and semi are perfectly 100% fine, but full auto works <5% of the time i pull the trigger and when it does it shoots 2 then stops. Idk lol. One question though, in semi auto, I hear a click at the end of the pull (in the trigger mechanism), but not when it is in full auto. Could this be an issue? Need a new trigger? Or maybe how the selector switch and trigger are set up together is off. Idk, what do you guys think? Thanks!

Huh the full auto is not an issue I am familiar with, most people had problems with semi locking up and not firing, then would switch to full auto and after a few rounds back to semi and it worked perfect. Not sure what you mean by the click when you pull he trigger unless its the micro switch being engaged...

• 2 weeks later...

new pics! Skirmished her a week ago tomorrow the Tavor did AMAZING. I can't get over how accurate it is almost on par with my 1k$+ custom G&P woc. I bet a tight bore in this gun would make it even more ridiculous does anyone know what diameter standard Ares barrels are?

Did experience 2 times so far of it not doing anything in semi and needing a switch to full auto to get it firing again.

And finally ordered a lipo but my dumb butt got one that is to large to fit in the battery space headbutt.gif

Anyways shoots really nice on the 9.6V but I still want to see if it can handle a lipo stock before any upgrades to the internals. Btw long barrel tavor + short pmag = sexxx

post-62245-0-75139900-1295052555_thumb.jpg

post-62245-0-92199500-1295052553_thumb.jpg

If I remember correctly, the Tavor has a stock 6.03 inner barrel, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

that could explain the superb groupings. Once I find a measuring tool I will check till then I am happy!

Rof with 11.1V 20C discharge 1000mah lipo: SCARY

Like really scary. Gives insanely fast semi auto shots and full auto...well I only run Mid caps and it chews through 80 rounds in seconds so I can only imagine rof in the low 20's. I am positive I will never do anything to increase the ROF on this gun unless the motor burns out...then hello G&P m120!

Everything sounds great. Burned through 8 midcaps mixing safe and semi. Still locked up once in semi. <<PITA

So I will see how long it holds up with the 11.1 then will start replacing as parts are needed. I shoot mostly on semi because of midcaps so hopefully it will go well!

BTW what are most people using for pistons? and is cylinder head normal v2? This gun is LOUD would not mind having an silent head!