• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I've found:

The ARMY stock recoil spring is quite soft and results in a sluggish return.

But the stock hammer spring is quite hard! Harder than a 150% hammer spring. This means a LOT of gas each shot.

So would i be right in thinking, that if i got a 150% recoil spring, and an original TM hammer spring (which im assuming would be rated at less then 150%? and so much less gas would be used, increasing the efficiency) Would it still have enough power to cycle the slide, even with the 150% recoil spring?

Or should i just get the 150% spring set, and fit them both?

Sorry about all the questions :L

And one final question... So weve got an AA MEU, with 150% recoil and hammer spring... How many rounds can i expect on green gas at around 15'c on a full fill of gas in an army mag? Just so i have an idea of how this will affect efficiency

Thanks alot guys!

So would i be right in thinking, that if i got a 150% recoil spring, and an original TM hammer spring (which im assuming would be rated at less then 150%? and so much less gas would be used, increasing the efficiency) Would it still have enough power to cycle the slide, even with the 150% recoil spring?

Or should i just get the 150% spring set, and fit them both?

Sorry about all the questions :L

And one final question... So weve got an AA MEU, with 150% recoil and hammer spring... How many rounds can i expect on green gas at around 15'c on a full fill of gas in an army mag? Just so i have an idea of how this will affect efficiency

Thanks alot guys!

Using a 150% recoil spring and 100% hammer spring combo would work, less gas would be used with each shot, but then you run the risk of a lower cycle speed - there'd be less gas available to fight the recoil spring and so although the slide's return to battery would be very fast, the rearward part of the cycle would be slower. Using the 150% hammer spring and recoil spring results in a snappy, fast action, and on a full mag of green I can empty a fully loaded mag of bbs and lock the slide back empty firing once every second - easily. No idea on the ambient temperature, probably around 20C.

Of course, blatting them all away in a panic will hit you with cooldown and then you'll be lucky to get half a mag out.

I really, really like this gun. It's ace. Now they have a chrome-barreled black variant out I might pick up that one for a combat carry.

I really, really like this gun. It's ace. Now they have a chrome-barreled black variant out I might pick up that one for a combat carry.

Sorry, but what are you talking about? (link?)

Thanks.

Edit: http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/produ...49f41574e59bd8a

Niiiiice.

I ll pick up that one too.

Do you think the chamber/barrel have also markings like the black versions?

Army will probably make some 1911 "custom" soon.

I don't know if i must wait for them or buy the new meu...

Edited by Yatsum
Sorry, but what are you talking about? (link?)

Thanks.

Edit: http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/produ...49f41574e59bd8a

Niiiiice.

I ll pick up that one too.

Do you think the chamber/barrel have also markings like the black versions?

Army will probably make some 1911 "custom" soon.

I don't know if i must wait for them or buy the new meu...

next one is Kimber 1911 should come pretty soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the noobness, but I also have a question regarding the MEU's hammer spring. In conjunction with a Guarder 150% recoil spring, how well does the stock hammer spring work with it? Since Darklite found out that the stock hammer spring is actually stronger than 150%, would this combo still work out well? I just ordered the Guarder 1911 150% spring set, and I really don't want to dig into the gun to install the hammer spring, because I have absolutely no idea how. So, just wondering if it's adequately good to go with just the recoil spring!

• 1 month later...

OMG GOLD MEU WITH HOGUE GRIPS :o ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG

i also added nite siters to the sight, its a really awesome combo :)

btw mag keeps leaking :( and the piston keeps breaking, nothing serious, but the spring doesnt hold it back anymore, this doesnt really affect its performance but im not sure

post-26423-1254491767_thumb.jpg

post-26423-1254491793_thumb.jpg

My Gold MEU has Hogue Monos too, awesome grips. Mine is still going strong, though I replaced the hop-up rubber the other day for a TM one as I lost the stock one when I was cleaning the inner barrel... -_-

The mag that I got with the gun is good, but the extra ARMY mag I bought is ###### - it seems to not hold as much gas as the other. Hmm.

It'd be like designing the best camo pattern in the world, and chosing fluorescent shades for the colours.

You can get that. :D

I think it's called Realtree 'Blaze'.

Hunters, in certain states, are supposed to use it to help avoid 'hunting accidents'. :unsure:

Greg.

• 2 weeks later...
A gold MEU? That's the most pointless, ridiculous looking, combat ineffective idea i've ever seen. It'd be like designing the best camo pattern in the world, and chosing fluorescent shades for the colours.

My life depends on owning one.

who said it was supposed to be combat effective? its shiny

i assume you also dont like the 2 tone hi capas then? i mean they look good and they are bling like a gold 1911 but they are too outstanding?

If so i suppose you must find airsoft very frustrating cause most of the time all people care about are the aesthetics, i mean i even read people complaining about the seamlines on a gun, or people getting magpul products just becuase..it looks good

Also in the Ali G movie, the 'gangstas' during the sneaky ninka scene where they break into some house they all wear neon camo lmao :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
havent used but but have seen it before. hows the quality?

i was thinking of gettina a Prime kit for the WA Vreaker

the Faceoff edition from Sanko Web Shop

i hate the internals of the gun

i bought it at a 'competitive' price because i got some friends in the airsoft world in HK, so for me i think its a good deal, but the only real outstanding things in the gun is the gold bodie itself, because the piston keeps breaking, the mag constantly leaks in dry weather, the safety is waaay to wobbly compared to a hi capa and the sights (NOVAK) wobbles, major design flaw there.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE:

in the box it originally came with 2 pistons, the 2nd one broke again, same weak spot :(

apart from that this gun is still holding up :)

BTW i put real steel hogue grips on the 1911 and it fits great, no mods, and it is soooo comfortable

Edited by bart_dude
  • 5 months later...