Killbucket's Build Thread

Killbucket

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shrike200900012.JPG

Four components make up the feed cover, including the latch.

Shrike200900013.JPG

The small part at lower left (T-shaped) becomes the latch that holds the feed cover down. Only three slices of plastic are needed to make up all of the complex shapes here.

Shrike200900014.JPG

Assembled, and rough-sanded. This is the underside, note the bevels around the holes in the center that help the parts self-align when installed.

Shrike200900015.JPG

Here you can see the latch arm as it sticks through the middle slice.

Shrike200900016.JPG

The hole pattern in the top matches up with a standard M14 top rail, because I have piles of them.

More pics to come...

Shrike200900017.JPG

Shrike200900018.JPG

Shrike200900019.JPG

Shrike200900020.JPG

I still need to drill the front hinge pin holes, and round-off the underside of the front tabs here.

The bare plastic will be sprayed with Bulldog adhesion promoted spray (bumper primer), and then primed and sanded. What few imperfections are here will get filled with Spackle and sanded. The same process will be applied to the upper receiver.

I still have yet to draw the feed tray, but they're easy to make in my imagination (increasingly correct as time goes by, and I get more builds completed), and will exist sometime this week.

Thanks! Keep in mind, these parts here are going to be reverse-engineered into something a bit cleaner...

Shrike200900021.JPG

A thin skim of spackle (yep, the wallboard stuff) will fill what few imperfections still show here.

Shrike200900022.JPG

My left foot...somehow got in the shot! the eject port on the next set of parts (90 percent done, still mounted in the CNC) will only have the area at the hopup adjust cut through.

Shrike200900023.JPG

Viewed from the top. Needs that rail put on yet, possibly two. You can never have too much rail.

Shrike200900024.JPG

Notice how far forward the Delta ring ended up. Considerable surgery to a standard M4 front lug enabled this. I hack-sawed off the top and bottom projections, and turned it smooth on the 9 x 20 lathe. It's set into an epoxy lug, and the lug is bonded into the front of the upper with cyanoacrylate. Any airsoft M4 front end will clamp right on, as long as it doesn't need to extend back over the upper receiver, like a CASV does.

Shrike200900025.JPG

This started out as a JG CQB lower receiver, the rest is from the goodie box. -It's a "Kit-Bashed Airsoft gun"!

Shrike200900026.JPG

This puppy will get mounted on a tripod, with an ammo chute seen recently.

I need to draw up new cylindrical* ammo drives, this will get one.

*Like on a Helicopter.

I've got to ask, how come you're making so darn many mini guns? Are you selling them or do you just like to have a bunch around in case you need them? :P

Trying to distill the idea down to the most simple design. Essentially a brain/CAD exercise.

I make and sell Browning 1919's and M2HB's to sell, but the minis, for the most part, stay here.

Trying to distill the idea down to the most simple design. Essentially a brain/CAD exercise.

I make and sell Browning 1919's and M2HB's to sell, but the minis, for the most part, stay here.

One of your M2's is in stock at my local airsoft shop for $600

I never thought about it, but every trophy has a separate metal plate that itself gets engraved. THAT'S how they avoid screw-ups being tragic.

Of course, an M4 receiver is directly marked, and expected to be.

While it's nice to think that a small business could be conducted engraving airsoft guns, the reality is that it would cost too much per gun to do.

Once time and handling are figured, $100 per gun would be hard to profit from!

I myself would balk at anything over the $50 mark, if I wanted a custom graphic on my gun. Let's face it, trades do nothing but provide bragging rights.

And 90% of the requests would be for trademarked and copyrighted stuff...I was surprised at how many guys wanted a "Monster Energy", or "Punisher"-themed grille (which I refuse to do for legal reasons) when I researched doing truck parts! There were ZERO requests for unique designs.

WHY humans have a need to copy, rather than create new, ...

Archived