Killbucket's Build Thread

Killbucket

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh hot damn, KB. That's one of your nicest so far. Can you please give it [this stock] and [this raiser]?

It would look SO cool!

Also, something about it screams for a big fat pistol grip, that A2 grip looks out of place, IMO.

Maybe I'll whip up a cheek riser for the full stock...On the grip, I've got a little process in my back pocket for making a cushioned ERGO grip. Both the pistol and forward grip will get the treatment. More on that later on today, after Michael's opens.

I have a D-Boys "metal" SPR that's due for an update:

Custom Painted SPR Rifle

With a monolithic upper, it will take on a "Space MG42" look, and lose about five pounds.

A pintle lug at the front will make it tripod-mountable.

But first, the CoffinLoader needs a feed cover, a charging handle, and the rails mounted up. I have a new variable-zoom scope to top it off with as well.

That' enough to do 10 of either, if you're frugal.

I'm anything but  :D

I'll check out a smaller sheet, only need 2 M2HBs or 3 m1919s max. thanks for the link to the store btw! never know what random hardwares sites you can trust  <_<

Killsaw-five0000024.JPG

I made some side "bumpers" like a SCAR has, haven't put the hardware in yet here.

Killsaw-five0000026.JPG

The more this paint dries, the more it shrinks, the tighter the texture gets.

Killsaw-five0000025.JPG

Up close and personal...after about a week, the surface will be impervious to just about anything.

Killsaw-five0000027.JPG

Wrinkle paint usually only comes in black, and once in a while, a funky red/orange.

-but you can cover it with any color you want ;)

So i've got to ask Bucket, You've done the 50 cal.

Any chance, engineering fiasco it might be, we'll see a Mk. 19 or 47?

I've had somebody begging for a mk18...research time and inspiration are lacking!

I'm SURE there's somebody out there making a Mk19 AND a 47, but the prices may not be happy news.

Ya gotta stick to your passions, and I really, really, hate copying stuff. I want to do the next fleet of SciFi movie guns! ;)

I've had somebody begging for a mk18...research time and inspiration are lacking!

I'm SURE there's somebody out there making a Mk19 AND a 47, but the prices may not be happy news.

Ya gotta stick to your passions, and I really, really, hate copying stuff. I want to do the next fleet of SciFi movie guns! ;)

make an E11 with a full size gearbox and integrated tracer unit and I'll be all over that *suitcase*. I've been looking for an excuse to dress up as a stormtrooper to a milsim event just to make some geardos angry

coffinloader003.JPG

Parts for the top feed cover assembly. The top itself is three slabs, stacked and bonded. The latch is also only THREE components, in keeping with a design philosophy I've adopted: If it has over three parts, it can still be refined more.

The upper is out of the ShopBot, deburred and rough sanded. No surprises...so far. I think this meat-smasher needs to be gloss black, with maybe a few flat, a few wrinkle'd details, like a new motorcycle.

Only one part from the airsoft gun's original upper assembly is re-used, and that's the inner barrel with the hopup attached. There's no outer barrel in the design (but it can easily be put in, because it was included in the drawings), because it's not needed. The muzzle front is flat, with just a hole for BB's to exit. I've put the "tenderizer" hatching on it, similar to this:

Kit_FF_Swordfish_lg.jpg

It slides into the receiver front (like the SCAR muzzle does above) and is retained with a pin. Not drawn yet, is the pintle muzzle that can replace it. The pintle muzzle will make it tripod-mountable.

coffinloader014.JPG

Two rail mount loc's underneath, fore and aft.

coffinloader015.JPG

Top: KillSAW Five upper, complete except for the release button on the feed cover.

Middle: First Article CoffinLoader SMG. Needs feed chutes and some sort of paint scheme, and the rails mounted.

Bottom: Prototype CoffinLoader Monolithic Upper. I'll make a feed cover for it, and it and the KSV will go up for sale as "Engineering Mules/You Do As Seen Fit" Specials, with no gun lowers. The custom inner barrels are already done, so I'll toss 'em in. Incidentally, these ALL MUST use 2-part M4 hopups, TM-Style.

coffinloader020.JPG

The feed cover hinge completed. If you go back a few photos, you'll see a cut-down 16penny nail. After some simple turning on the lathe, it becomes the hinge pin. It's a smooth press-fit, and won't slip out of place. This is the head end, notice how I've set it flush with the receiver side here.

coffinloader019.JPG

On the other side, an identical countersink allows you to push the pin out far enough to grab and remove. The pin is left in bare steel for now, with a thin coat of WD40 to keep rust away. When I go to paint, I'll clean off the flat head on the pin, so it can be painted in.

More coming...

As much as i hate armalites, that square front end does something funny to my mind, it just looks right. Add one of those g&p g36 big battery stocks on the back, and i think you would be in business. Of course i am baised as i have two 36's but yea it really looks good. Keep up the great work.

Archived