Killbucket's Build Thread

Killbucket

Thanks! Funny how that works, maybe you're into Auto Pistols? The boxy noses on these remind me of a giant Colt 1911.

coffinloader016.JPG

Yes, it's ABS PLASTIC. It's also 1/4-inch thick, and tough enough to knock heads with.

coffinloader017.JPG

An added plus: After an extended firefight, you can whip up some Krusteaz and make some waffles for the crew on the overheated receiver!

coffinloader019.JPG

Yes, this is a repeated pic. Did you notice how you can get right at the feednozzle/hopup from both sides (and even from the top, with the feed cover up)?

Wouldn't it be nice to have a hopup that could be fed BB's in from the side or top? Then you wouldn't need a boxmag in place to fire it, spoiling the "belt-feed" look. Stay tuned for more on this idea.

coffinloader018.JPG

See the SPR. FAMOUS SPR, over 50k views on YouTube. See the CoffinLoader. FRIENDLESS CoffinLoader, only knows the Benchtop and YOU. I left 'em alone together in the dark all night...

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that receiver is meant to be a belt-fed type, correct?

Had any thoughts to shaving off the magwell of a standard M4 receiver, extending the barrel, putting a solid stock on it and feeding it with a M249 boxmag via the top cover?

I see alot of belt-fed conversions on real M4's and they always look sad and unbalanced as they still have the original magwell to hold the box mag in.

I'm sure you'd be able to switch to a G&P M249 type hop unit or similar too

Questions:

That receiver is meant to be a belt-fed type, correct?

Had any thoughts to shaving off the magwell of a standard M4 receiver, extending the barrel, putting a solid stock on it and feeding it with a M249 boxmag via the top cover?

I see alot of belt-fed conversions on real M4's and they always look sad and unbalanced as they still have the original magwell to hold the box mag in.

I'm sure you'd be able to switch to a G&P M249 type hop unit or similar too

Yes, but it'll work for Lefty's too, because the feed can come in from either side. It's ambi in design, both sides are the same except for the bolt release cutout on the left.

Then I'd be back to the Shrike, an idea from the past, rather than the future.

Who knows what will eventually snap onto an AR lower one day? Icegun? It quick-freezes .223cal, 1" long ingots of H2O that it extracts from the ambient air, and fires them using high-voltage railgun technology. I saw one in 2035*, it was pretty well worked out. Forensics is left with holes to measure, but no projectiles to be found!

Ideally, a conversion doesn't require modification, because that's a KIT, if you need to add fabrication yourself. That said, I do have a chopped-off M4 lower around here.

Some of the Shrikes had a pintle mount that the M4 snapped onto, like it was a magazine sticking up. That way, at least the magwelL was doing something.

Keep in mind, the Big Brownings eject empties straight down out the bottom, as do a lot of AR conversions, and the casings drop out of the magwell without hitting the shooter, or giving his position away.

I have a lot of AR's, and like Harleys, they sometimes seem like they're all made out of the same parts, just detailed a bit differently.

I want to do up a full-length support version, using something like the SPR.

But it has a one-chunk metal hopup, and won't work with my uppers as designed.

Hence my plans to make a super-hopup, that I can drop into anything.

There are a LOT of off-the-shelf parts to choose from, rather than throw money at a G&P or CA unit, and then still have to design around its shapes, I'll make something that I can adapt to many new ideas to come.

*The Air-Sharp Time Machine works sporadically now.

...Icegun? It quick-freezes .223cal, 1" long ingots of H2O that it extracts from the ambient air, and fires them using high-voltage railgun technology...

Except the projectile has to be of a conductive metal, I expect you just forgot to mention the metallic Sabot... ;)

Except the projectile has to be of a conductive metal, I expect you just forgot to mention the metallic Sabot... ;)

Not neccesarily

in the Massachusetts Institute of Technology they've discovered that everything has a sort of latent magnetic energy about it. Its just more potent in ferrous/iron metals..

They built a supermagnet and levitated a frog with it, i believe the explanation was that the frog was mostly made of water, which is the next-highest magnetic potential element next to a metal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-xw_fmB2KA

Actually, it would be easy to introduce a "dopant" to the accumulated moisture, making it conduct.

There was a schematic for this very item in PopSci about 20yrs back. What it used tho, was a stack of thin metal sheets (projectiles) and froze an ice block (the propellant) to the back of them. Then dropped onto a railgun, the water becomes plasma, as does the metal sheet. Supposedly armor-piercing, it was mounted on a robot drone in the drawings.

Like HK's G11, it's a good answer to a problem nobody wants solved.

yeah, the paint was overzelious, especailly since people would buy an upper reciver from you only to see that it doesnt match the finish of your lower reciver in any way.

the shape of the third one is very vary cool, but i like the 2nd the most.

the first has too much strike plating in my opinion.

yeah, the paint was overzelious, especailly since people would buy an upper reciver from you only to see that it doesnt match the finish of your lower reciver in any way.

the shape of the third one is very vary cool, but i like the 2nd the most.

the first has too much strike plating in my opinion.

*MOAR STRIKE PLATING EVERYWHERE*

Killbucket senses your comments, disregards them, and continues to fuse Armalite with meat-hammer.

Killbucket senses your comments, disregards them, and continues to fuse Armalite with meat-hammer.

At least it's matched the top to the bottom. I think it was a good move to be honest, a meat hammer top and front, with a plane Jane lower would look very odd, and obvious. What he's done there is kept a motif running.

At least it's matched the top to the bottom. I think it was a good move to be honest, a meat hammer top and front, with a plane Jane lower would look very odd, and obvious. What he's done there is kept a motif running.

And, the gun now doubles as a handy meat tenderiser if you happen to have some steak that needs... tenderised

It does look nice, mind ^_^

I do prefer these things with less... spiky bits, but it still looks ace, and funky. But yeah, it does match well.

EDIT: Also, killbucket, I do like the "Govt use only" markings there... are these doing to be sold on as FBI-issue Meat tenderisers? The kitchen staff use them, perhaps, or used for... heated negotiations?

Archived