Weapons of the British Army?

dax0n

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HK417... I believe the Royal Marines are using it as a DMR

At least that's what Military Photos said: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showt...highlight=hk417

wrong, the marines in question would be the marine componant of 1PARA aka SFSG aka an element of UKSF.

UKSF use 417, Green troops have just been bought the LM7, which i detailed in another thread.

Darkchild

The amount of weapons in the average UKSF armoury is staggering. Im sure at some point, an individual would have used one but they have never used them in an official capacity as far as im aware.

Dont take my word as gospel though, im not 100% on that, just reporting on personal experience.

Darkchild

The amount of weapons in the average UKSF armoury is staggering. Im sure at some point, an individual would have used one but they have never used them in an official capacity as far as im aware.

Dont take my word as gospel though, im not 100% on that, just reporting on personal experience.

Darkchild

Darkchild I take what ypu say at face value brother. Thanks for the reply man.

I remember the one. That was it being trialled or something, think darkchild popped up to confirm it. May even have been the LM7 itself being trialled, but yeah, I remember the pic. He was crouched with it on his lap or held low, either one of the two.

Apparently they were USMC rifles borrowed by a Master Sniper before an Op, as he thought they would do a better job than the SA80A2

• 3 weeks later...

Something about that pic makes me chuckle, think its the suit behind the rifle just making it seem like he should have a thought bubble going "Dakka dakka".

Is that optic (the black one) something made by Elcan? Doesn't look quite like a SUSAT or the Elcan Spectre...

The Elcan is coming in (with piggy back reddot) but the thermal is out (Its an Insight cnvd T2 in case you were wondering) as it couldnt be made to marry up with the main optic without seperate zeroing at every range, which defeats the point of a clip on sight.

We are bringing in Vipr 3 instead

Darkchild

Archived