WORLD PREMIERE - WETTI/AFC version WE AWSS SCAR

WETTI

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
man, the thing that is keeping me from really gotta have this gun, is the bolt. It doesn't replicate the real steel 100% which is kinda disappointing =(

I guess it saves gas, but with the awesome we system, i don't see that as a problem

Replicating it 100% will be impossible if it's going to fire 6mm caseless and not 5.56mm NATO ;)

Not even the WA is that realistic; gas does not run through the gas tube and into the BCG, and the bolt head does not rotate. Notto mention that the hammer does not actually strike the firing pin, firing the round chambered.

So when compromises have to be made anyway, why not make a few more to optimize performance?

For my own part, this lacks the last but (in my own private opinion) most important compromise:

External instead of internal gas.

That, and the fact that SCAR's and M4's don't tickly my fancy, is why I won't be getting one.

But if WETTI/AFC made a G3 or G36, oh yes! Preferably external, but I can live with internal too. If only for summer use.

Replicating it 100% will be impossible if it's going to fire 6mm caseless and not 5.56mm NATO ;)

Not even the WA is that realistic; gas does not run through the gas tube and into the BCG, and the bolt head does not rotate. Notto mention that the hammer does not actually strike the firing pin, firing the round chambered.

So when compromises have to be made anyway, why not make a few more to optimize performance?

For my own part, this lacks the last but (in my own private opinion) most important compromise:

External instead of internal gas.

That, and the fact that SCAR's and M4's don't tickly my fancy, is why I won't be getting one.

But if WETTI/AFC made a G3 or G36, oh yes! Preferably external, but I can live with internal too. If only for summer use.

I'm talking about the cosmetics, not the internal workings... i'm trying to say that the bolt doesn't go all the way back like on the real steel, it only goes little more than half way. While the WA and WE M4 has the bolt fully retracting, even though the WE only retracts the bolt shroud, it is still fully retracted when you fire it. Here the bolt only goes back about little more than one half way, which sucks since alot of people want the most realistc replica they can get, minus shooting real bullets part.

I'm still gonna buy it though ;)

So i guess I shouldn't complain hehe

scar.jpg

WE constantly says that the price will blow us away, so i would assume it would be cheaper than the M4 otherwise we wouldn't be blown away.

Agreed.

I can't understand how it can be significantly cheaper than the M4.

If it was then that's the only way I would be "blown away" by the price.

Maybe it's gonna cost 1k? Then I would be blown away for sure :P

maybe they are using a different manufacturing technique that allows a cheaper price.

only way they can make it cheaper is to be made in China, so QC would drop significantly if that would happen...WETTI/AFC is Hong Kong or Taiwan company? *edit noticed Hong Kong in his sig :P anything in Hong Kong has a big chance its being made in China :P and why wouldn't they its so close hell i would if i where one them :P

Certainly looks like a nice gun.

Given WETTIs announcement regarding official dealers and warranties and considering the apparent excitement about price, I wonder if this is made from a modified DBoys gun, or by a chinese factory?

That's certainly explain the whole "You won't get support unless you buy from WETTI" thing.

Anyway, the whole GBB rifle situation is starting to become a real train wreck IMO.

On the one hand you've got the WA gun.

It's a single type of gun that's used as the basis for 2 high-end specials and one low-end chinagun with at least 2 more low-end copies to follow.

That means that we're going to see a market flooded with WA-compatible M4s.

On the other hand you've got WE doing their thing. Smaller volume and smaller sales but they're now expanding the range of guns.

If WETTi have got any savvy (and I'm sure they have) they'll be coming up with new designs as quickly as they can.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out to anybody at WE who's interested that the guts out of an L85 will go almost perfectly into an F2000. ;)

If WE can get a couple more models of gun on sale which all use the common STANAG mag then, even if they don't have the market share of the WA-compatible guns they're going to end up with a large chunk of the market.

All in all, unfortunately, the only losers in all this will be the customers because we'll all end up having to buy mag's twice, to suit whichever model of gun we actually want to buy. :(

15 years ago, when TM invented their M4 AEG, all the other companies just copied it and, as a result, all the mag's are comatible with all the guns.

If only things were still so simple these days.

Anyway, I don't think I'll ever be able to get over the big brass cylinder inside the ejector port so I guess it'll always be WA for me. :unsure:

only way they can make it cheaper is to be made in China, so QC would drop significantly if that would happen...WETTI/AFC is Hong Kong or Taiwan company? *edit noticed Hong Kong in his sig :P anything in Hong Kong has a big chance its being made in China :P and why wouldn't they its so close hell i would if i where one them :P

I wouldn't be so quick to demonize china, look at the dboy/kalash ak's that are comming out now, full steel and whatnot.

I will be picking one of these up if they are pretty good. I've been wanting a SCAR, and a GBB makes it break the WANT point into the GET zone.

:mellow:

Just hope it doesn't cost any more than their M4. I also hope it comes in a Standard barrel length.

I wouldn't be so quick to demonize china, look at the dboy/kalash ak's that are comming out now, full steel and whatnot.

my intention was definetily not to demonize China, im the Chinaman dude haha , my meaning is that still some VFCs and alike have much better QC than anything in China because they are made in more hi-tech with concern on quality, still in China many of those models have many lemons from same line :( and that is due to a poor QC. and Kalash makes the best AK's in my mind in China much better ones than Cyma/Jing Gong conbined!

Agreed.

I can't understand how it can be significantly cheaper than the M4.

If it was then that's the only way I would be "blown away" by the price.

Maybe it's gonna cost 1k? Then I would be blown away for sure :P

Injection molding is cheap as hell once you've gotten over the initial hump. Sell enough of a product and it can be VERY cheap to produce.

That simply has to do with how the threads line up. If you weren't aware your supposed to shim flahiders (that are directional) to the right orientation. thats why the G&P Flashiders come with all those little shim rings.

Archived