WORLD PREMIERE - WETTI/AFC version WE AWSS SCAR

WETTI

That simply has to do with how the threads line up. If you weren't aware your supposed to shim flahiders (that are directional) to the right orientation. thats why the G&P Flashiders come with all those little shim rings.

Its called timing your flash hider.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a quick question. What is the appeal of a GBB airsoft rifle over an AEG besides blowback? They hold less ammo, they cost more, they are harder to maintain, and they cost in gas and BB's.

They hold less ammo

Not everyone wants to be able to spray and pray with hicaps. I have always used midcaps and prefer the closer-to-realism aspect of carrying and changing multiple mags.

they cost more

The WE GBB's don't cost any more than most TM/CA/etc AEG's.

they are harder to maintain

Are they much harder to maintain to AEG's? They have less parts and no fiddly gearboxes to mess about with.

and they cost in gas and BB's

I bet I will spend less on gas and bb's than a hicap user who goes through a few thousand rounds per day!!

Back to the SCAR - very,very nice WETTI although as before my money is waiting for the Heavy version.

Pumped for WE's SCAR-L in black (tan just doesn't go with the UBCS loadout). Could you give us an estimated price WE? Or do I have to wait for Airsoft Buddy to get it in stock?

+1 on everything TrooperX said. I always use midcaps, always have, and always will. I play at a field called Georgetown. Most people use AEGs with 450+ round hicap magazines, but I dont. Most people go through .5-1+K rounds per game, I go through 50-500 rounds per game (depending on how much action I see, and the number of players present, typically ~50). Why? I use a CA AUGA1 with amazing range and accuracy. I only need a few shots to hit someone, I don't need to spray bbs everywhere to hit someone because 1) I can aim and 2) my AEG is that accurate. I don't mind 30 round magazines AT ALL as long as the gun is accurate enough to hit a torso at say 120 feet or so.

If you don't like not being able to spray and pray, then stick with AEGs, and leave people who want the added fun and realism of GBBs alone.

Not everyone wants to be able to spray and pray with hicaps. I have always used midcaps and prefer the closer-to-realism aspect of carrying and changing multiple mags.

The WE GBB's don't cost any more than most TM/CA/etc AEG's.

Are they much harder to maintain to AEG's? They have less parts and no fiddly gearboxes to mess about with.

I bet I will spend less on gas and bb's than a hicap user who goes through a few thousand rounds per day!!

Back to the SCAR - very,very nice WETTI although as before my money is waiting for the Heavy version.

AMEN BROTHER! PREACH IT!

I wasn't having a go at Ferrarilove1 - just answering their questions. I appreciate that a lot of people (probably the majority) prefer hicaps, I just don't think that this new generation of GBB's are really going to appeal to a lot of those people. However those of us who like a bit of realism and the challenge of taking out a target with minimal shots are going to be buying these by the truck load!!

My first GBB rifle will be a WE M16 which I plan to turn into a DMR. If its half as good as it sounds then I'm sure it won't be my last! I already want the SCAR-H when its out and a GBB G36 would be on my shopping list. And if they come up with a GBB M249 then, hell, who wouldn't want of them!!!

I've been a PTW user for the last few months now which has been amazing and I really can't fault it so the GBB's have a lot to live up to for me - but I have high hopes and really can't wait to get hold of my first!

only way they can make it cheaper is to be made in China, so QC would drop significantly if that would happen...WETTI/AFC is Hong Kong or Taiwan company? *edit noticed Hong Kong in his sig :P anything in Hong Kong has a big chance its being made in China :P and why wouldn't they its so close hell i would if i where one them :P

Pls note: WE is a Taiwanese company & ALL OUR GUNS & PARTS ARE MADE IN TAIWAN.

Pre-orders here in HK are said to be below HK$2,000, i.e. below US$256.

I wonder why the WA system has been replicated/improved by numerous high-, mid- and low-end brands, but so far nobody gave a rats a*s to clone the WE system. Is WE taking a harder stance on cloners than WA or is there any other reasons?

I wonder why the WA system has been replicated/improved by numerous high-, mid- and low-end brands, but so far nobody gave a rats a*s to clone the WE system. Is WE taking a harder stance on cloners than WA or is there any other reasons?

WA was out first and there are more 3rd party parts for it. This in theory means you can make some cheap parts for the clone knowing that it will be something swapped out for a upgrade part by the buyer.

But if you include shipping and if US retailers were to sell this wouldn't it be more like $350-400 anyway? If I'm wrong I now have one reason for buyers remorse with the AGM M4...

Well the prototype of the WE SCAR looked near identical to the VFC receiver. Just like the Prototype L85A1 was a ARmy R85A1 retrofitted with the WE system.

I dunno about this production model though.

I do hope that it shoots straight, unlike the VFC SCAR where the barrel is shooting out of the sight picture even when the windage has been adjusted to compensate.

Wonder if they're going to fab their own receivers or rely on existing manufacturers.

It would also be convenient if they decide to sell drop-in complete gas systems to go into the SA80. I'd the first to convert my G&G (if the price is reasonable).

Erik.

They do make their own receivers .

It would appear that early prototype designs were put in AEG recievers.

Probably to map the space for the internals but the final product will be bespoke due to the fact that it is real steel dimensions instead of fatter, wider aeg dimensions

Groan...I was just in HK last week and picked up the AGM..if only this was announced a week earlier :-(

WE M4 sells for 360, with shipping it comes out to 400 usually, so I would say the WE scar would probably cost 300 shipped?

Why always talk about shipping from overseas... when you'll have in-country dealers all around you?? :rolleyes:

Wonder if they're going to fab their own receivers or rely on existing manufacturers.

It would also be convenient if they decide to sell drop-in complete gas systems to go into the SA80. I'd the first to convert my G&G (if the price is reasonable).

Erik.

Pls kindly note: EVERY part of the gun we make them in-house, period.

Hehe cool :)

$300 I guess with shipping, thats not even breaking the bank, and I have WE mags already :)

How does it function in the cold on propane?

My hammer and semi-auto sear died after I put 2 rounds of CO2 into my M4 rifle. At 12*C the kick was fantastic, but sears fractured 3rd time. I am hoping the SCAR trigger sears can handle the CO2.

i hope that dead sexy price is right. ill pick one up the second they come out.

seriously, whats the point in hiding the price from us? it only lets us get ready faster to spend our money.

WETTI ! Is their any update on the KAC PDW? Thanks. :D

just send him a PM. he replies to most of them.

Archived