WORLD PREMIERE - WETTI/AFC version WE AWSS SCAR

WETTI

That's too bad. I just got mine firing perfectly. I fixed every problem that has arose. The stock really was the easiest of the all. The firing pin issue took some thinking time but ended up being a simple fix. If i had a broken Scar in front of me I could fix it with a file, glue, and a thin steel plate, in about 10-15 minutes.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He probably doesn't want to exceed the warranty time limit I think. I'm glad none of these problems are happening to me or I'd just return it too. I don't have the money or time to constantly work on it. 0000010 FTW! :punk:

But I still lube my gun like crazy. The news with the reinforced steel rib platted ribs is perfect! Just what I needed. I wonder why WETTI hasn't told us himself... people were getting impatient.

For me working on the airsoft guns is 75% of the fun. What could be better than knowing you made a previously inoperable rifle work just as good or possibly better than intended?

Use paintball silicone oil or oil specifically designated for airsoft. The cans of oil from hardware stores usually contain chemicals that melt Orings.

Yea I don't know who'd want me back with all the stupid stuff I've said in the past... but at least now I know there's some airsoft God up there looking out for me. :P

where and what kind of lube specifically... please! :mellow:

Its SRC silicone oil but I don't think it has to do with the type , just the amount. I don't even want to touch my internals with my hand; its nasty. Everytime I take it out of the box, I'd see oil dripping out from the sides of the top receiver onto the lower receiver. Actually the dried oil on the lower receiver creates a pretty neat and realistic effect. :D

Evike now has two parts for the WE SCAR for purchase.

Replacement Stock Hinge Connection Plate

Replacement Locking Latch

-So I got the more expensive latter for free. :D . I wonder how much the reinforced one would cost...

---------------

edit

Parts_WE_SCAR_Hinge-1.jpg

It looks like the one in that pic is starting to crack too! Haha..

Same results here. I used a .2 first because that's what all the poor man's chrono charts are calibrated for. It went through both sides of a soda can and made a decent split in the middle of the can's bottom. So according to redwolf's charts, it's shooting 350-370 with a .2 So I'm guessing .25 shoots 340-350.

.25 also went through both sides and barely split bottom.

You can make the bead as thick as you want though, as long as it fits into the nozzle. Mine wasn't as thick as it could have been, so a lower fps is possible.

wrong; this extrapolation can only be done with aegs. gas guns work differently.

Be more specific. Most people probably think you are referring to his entire test.

He is right though, its common for gas guns to GAIN fps with higher weight BBs.

I am sure many people are not aware of this (I know I was not)- not sure of the physics behind it but I imagine it has to do with a heavier bb stays in the barrel longer and allows more pressure to build up, as the heavier bb takes more time to accelerate and leave the barrel. I know from loading live ammo that heavier bullets will have a higher FPS and pressure than a lower bullet weight given the same charge.

I guess I really need to get my chrono back from my cousin! ;-)

wrong; this extrapolation can only be done with aegs. gas guns work differently.

This extrapolation is exactly what all the adjustable valves work off of. The only reason they don't function correctly is because they don't stay locked in place.

If you have a WE scar/m4 then it's pretty simple to see that the floating valve determines how much gas will be routed to the barrel vs the blowback. By moving it forward, you just direct less gas into the barrel. Initially, my spacer was too thick and it shot below 300 fps. After filing it down and reinstalling it several times, I slowly tuned up my fps to where I wanted it.

gbb weapons will increase fps with heavier ammo up until a point. I posted the results somewhere but my GHK peaked joule wise with around .4g ammo with which i was shooting about 240ft at 300 fps.

Heavier ammo in a GBBR will increase your range but will slow down transit time so if your looking to snipe take up some nice heavy ammo but if your going to be closer quarters rock where you can get the person before they react use .2 or .25.

has anyone managed to ascertain the weight of this monster yet? i am still curious how close it is the real steel.

I am sure many people are not aware of this (I know I was not)- not sure of the physics behind it but I imagine it has to do with a heavier bb stays in the barrel longer and allows more pressure to build up, as the heavier bb takes more time to accelerate and leave the barrel. I know from loading live ammo that heavier bullets will have a higher FPS and pressure than a lower bullet weight given the same charge.

I guess I really need to get my chrono back from my cousin! ;-)

sorry; I was lazy and quoted the entire bit.

yeah, aegs have a non-changing volume of air(whatever fits into the cylinder) that propels the bb

gbbs have the entire resevoir of gas in the magazine that fits into the prpulsion system

people who dont know this can end up hurting others ingame (hey my gun shoots at 450fps with .2's, so Ill just load in .3's to acchieve a lower velocity and Ill be fine)

regarding muzzle energy anyway

sorry; I was lazy and quoted the entire bit.

yeah, aegs have a non-changing volume of air(whatever fits into the cylinder) that propels the bb

gbbs have the entire resevoir of gas in the magazine that fits into the prpulsion system

people who dont know this can end up hurting others ingame (hey my gun shoots at 450fps with .2's, so Ill just load in .3's to acchieve a lower velocity and Ill be fine)

regarding muzzle energy anyway

I don't think so. Muzzle energy is a function of ammo weight and muzzle velocity. A heavier BB at lower velocity can have the same energy as a lighter bb at a higher velocity.

If your weapon is illegally firing at 450fps with a 0.2, using a 0.3g BB will not lower the energy value and the weapon will still be illegal. Being hit by the 0.2bb or the 0.3bb will hurt the same because they'll have same or similar energy.

There is an Arnies article on this and I have a spreadsheet tool. If you PM me with your e-mail address I give you the tool for free.

This is way off-topic so best to refer to the Arnies article accessed from Arnies home page.

Pics of the black SCAR disassembled would be nice whenever people get them. I was staring at my gray bolt and thought that it would actually look pretty nice in a black SCAR.

-----------------

edit:

Airsoft Buddy has the black WE SCAR now: http://www.airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct...products_id=426

426_IMG_0078.JPG

I wonder if the black scars have a different set of serial numbers. If not then this one is mine's little brother and that may also suggest WE makes them in sequences of tan-black-tan-black... etc. Maybe.

this is somewhat off topic but..

i just got this email today:

i was asking about the parts for scar and also m14 gbb.

"

Firstly, thank you for your understanding we're working on the order now.

If you still cannot get the parts from Evike within a couple weeks, pls

contact me again

most probably will be offer in 2-3 different variants:

M14-original, SOCOM16, SOCOM II or EBR.

Kindest Regards,

admin@WE Tactical Training International Ltd.

www.weairsoft.com

admin@weairsoft.com "

Now i have to start hiding these from the wife. haha.

Archived