WORLD PREMIERE - WETTI/AFC version WE AWSS SCAR

WETTI

*update, Well the hinge plate cracked just like everyone else has been. And just like I expected it to do so, right now some gorilla glue is holding it together. I just got off the phone with Evike, they're sending a replacement part out right away. So far great customer service, hopefully this will be the "reinforced" plate not just a replacement. So the Black SCAR is not invunerable... mine is serial no. 0000063 by the way.

Damn :o

I had been holding off in the hope that the Black verison might have had this issue sorted- Clearly not. Bad times AciDeX.. Bad Times indeed.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah i fired it with ammo and without in comparison, preforms and kicks the same. I was even curious if it would affect bolt cycle distance and did not do that either. The range on the gun is about the same from what i can tell also. perhaps it is because the rod is still (most likely) in the gun?

I am also aware that the broken part caused it all to vent out or removing it wouldn't have fixed the problem. As fun as it is to yank random parts out i dont do so unless it helps something lol

so the question is now, why is my gun kicking the same when it supposedly should not...

also on the speculating table. if this "mod" reduces gas flow per shot would it not also extend the number of rounds one can get before the mag is out?

I have shot two scars without that part, both experience reduced recoil. Others have experienced the same thing. I guess you do not fully understand the operation of the trigger unit otherwise you would not speculate that the broken off piece is still causing it to function correctly.

Your questions have been answered pages back. Yes it does greatly increase gas efficiency.

Why does WE put the bolt on the right side? I'm sure its supposed to be on the left side. I just saw that MDS vid and I think I just found a new pet peeve... SCARs with improper placement of bolt. It just makes the WE SCAR look so cheap. Haha never knew I was so anal.

The charging handle? It's ambidextrous just like the real steel. I personally like it on the right for when I throw the gun on my back with a two point sling. Nothing starts to pinch at my back, including the Surefire which I always keep on the right or bottom.

No, the actual bolt. Where shells would eject, and where you can SEE the blowback.

I actually meant the charging handle... sorry. It was referring to a post in the Being Issued A SCAR review here.

Current training is that RH folks have the bolt handle on the left side, so folks that like to hold the front of the mag well have issues

But nvm, its not something I want this thread to go tangent on. Forget I ever said it. :unsure:

Also, be aware on the bolt handle when holding it as it nearly took a finger off having been used to the M4! It's a mistake you'll only make once though!

Yeah thats probably because it took the finger off, you don't have another one to take off :P

Its like putting your thumb on the gas regulator hole on an assault rifle, not a pleasant sensation :)

It's not how many rounds you have, it's how you use them... =P

I'm pretty sure there won't be a difference in how many rounds the SCAR-H and SCAR-L can carry in each magazine. The SCAR-H 7.62 mags I have generally seen are wider than 5.56 SCAR-L mags, but are usually shorter. It would be nice, but I don't see it happening as current structuring wouldn't allow much more room for rounds. Not too mention that you can only shoot so many rounds off one gas charge/ co2 cartridge.

Archived