Firstly, a bit about the seller. I brought it from the ebay store airsoft eagle, for the measly sum of around about £22 including shipping and insurance. They quoted the shipping time as 7-14 days. I received it 4 days after I placed my order, excellent retailer! (Here is the item, if you want to look).

Bolted it straight onto my rail, fits perfectly with no wobble. It is very robust (those white marks aren't scratches, I'm not sure what it is but it rubbed off). It takes 2xLR44 batteries in the other end of the brightness adjustment tube.

DSCN3235.JPG

The brightness is adjustable with the dial you can see in the image above, 0 being off, 5 being full. I find for indoor use 1 is fine, bright outdoors 4 or 5 is needed.

The lense covers flip open nicely with a quick flick.

DSCN3223.JPG

The adjustment covers on the top and right side unscrew to reveal the adjustment screws. Adjustments can be made with anything flat, screwdrivers, knives etc. They click as you turn them, and they adjust over quite a large range. I started out shooting 1' or so below the target at 10m, then after adjusting it the wrong way, had it shooting about 6' below the target. Once I worked out which way was which I zeroed it perfectly both horizontally and vertcally, hitting the 6"x6" target every time.

DSCN3229.JPGDSCN3230.JPG

The optics are bright and clear, and it is very easy to pick up the reticule.

For the price, it is brilliant. In fact I would be very happy with it if it cost 3x the price!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two of these, with a third on the way.

There's a reason I use them exclusively - they are effective, robust, and inexpensive. The first one I acquired has been in use for more than a year, seeing everything from heavy rain, mud, sand, and impact. Add a rubber armor shell and a killflash and the thing will be nigh indestructible.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I own one of 30mm Red dot ones, just a comment to add.

Compared to the following: (I've shot firearms with their optics both in Canada and U.S. [true assault rifles in U.S.])

*Trjicon Reflex the one it use was the NSN version which has the killflash and its the 4.0 MOA dot

*EOTech 511 A.65 Center dot 1 MOA

In my opinion the G&P one isnt the best, why? because the dot is not a circle but rather a weird oval which has all the sides of a circle except right bottom corner for mine. The dot at Lowest setting looks like atleast 5.5MOA which kinda disappoints me.

quote name='Mr Foxhound' date='Aug 16 2009, 06:10 AM' post='2158964']

These can Co-witness flip up sights correct? MY fake EOtech is so dim in summer,I don't even use it anymore.

yes as long as the he sights are tall enough but then again this sight is very low.

and people asking about the killflash g&p make one they also make a 2x maginfier and a rubber coat thing which is like a scope condom.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Quick questions:

What mounts does it come with? I would most likely put in on the carry handle - does that mount come with the sight?

Cheers!

It comes with a an L-Mount, which is low profile and only attaches to 20mm rails.

You can buy the mount for the carry handle, try getting a replica of this one:

http://www.mountsplus.com/miva/merchant.mv...P/PROD/arms/16T

-Luis

• 1 month later...

The paralax or whatever it's called, isn't that great though. Moving your head around makes the reticule move in the wrong direction and lose accuracy. Definitely not the best I've seen, especially compared to my Hurricane holosight.

For the price though it's pretty honest. reticule could be a tad brighter by default though.

Of and as the pictures show, there is a slight greenish filter to it.

The paralax or whatever it's called, isn't that great though. Moving your head around makes the reticule move in the wrong direction and lose accuracy. Definitely not the best I've seen, especially compared to my Hurricane holosight.

I sold mine for that reason precisely. After missing a few shots because of the terrible parallax I had had enough of it. Looks super tacti-cool on your rifle, completely useless when you can just use the iron sights and actually hit what you're aiming at.

The paralax was about a foot and a half to two feet at 15 feet distance. Do you math on that one, unless youre in exactly the right spot, you're not hitting anything looking at the dot.

i got my self one of these, its the USMC on ei think, with the high mount, but not the cantelever one if you know? (although i wput it on a different mount haha)

yer, mine is great love it. got it from Ehobbyasia for like £30 inc. postage, so pretty good.

problem is its running out of battery power, so im gonna be getting some more button ones, other than that, BRILLIANT PICTURE!