• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

past edit time -.-

can safely say it works VERY well, even in the pouring rain (and I do mean pouring, not just a small drizzle), for some reason I didn't even have to adjust it, the dot was perfectly zeroed out of the box. I don't regret this purchase one bit, this scope is so much better than my old ACOG :) the only complaint I have is that the brightness adjustment knob is a bit stiff.

Edited by sirrith

hmm anyone have any idea to fix the faulty connection for the G&P aimpoint?

Im using on a GBBR, and it seem that the shaking will knock the thing out of connection so even if its on the on position it would turn off. (had to knock it a few times to turn on) sometimes it doesnt turn off but reduce brightness. So far the biggest thing the affect it is the battery cover. Im torquing it to max and it still has this problem...

hmm anyone have any idea to fix the faulty connection for the G&P aimpoint?

Im using on a GBBR, and it seem that the shaking will knock the thing out of connection so even if its on the on position it would turn off. (had to knock it a few times to turn on) sometimes it doesnt turn off but reduce brightness. So far the biggest thing the affect it is the battery cover. Im torquing it to max and it still has this problem...

This happens to me when the battery is running low, fresh batteries sorts it.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to expand on what i first wrote as it was a little brief.

I own one of these and have it fitted to a G&G UMP, it came with the UMP when i bought it second hand and although i'm not overly keen on sights for AEG's due to the range etc i absolutely love this scope.

Firstly it looks the part in my opinion, aesthetically and build quality wise this is a real top end piece of kit

In terms of use it has an adjustable red dot, basically turn the dial to increase the intensity of the red dot so it can more easily be seen in daylight hours as i've found a lot of red dot scopes are just impractical when the sun is out.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so I just got my new G&P Aimpoint replica in the mail from eHobby Asia today and I think I got a defective model. It's one of the newer versions with the numbers on the brightness adjustment dial. The red dot seems well formed and all the brightness settings and windage and elevation work, but the glass is heavily blue/green tinted! Unlike in the pictures posted at the beginning of this thread the view through the sight is not clear as it should be, it is heavily tinted a blue/green color.

Is this normal for the G&P Aimpoint replicas or have I gotten a defective one? I wanted to ask here before contacting eHobby about returning and exchanging it.

Edit : Although the lighting isn't very good in these pictures, I was able to take some pictures to demonstrate what I'm talking about.

First, the normal view of the camera looking at the box the G&P Aimpoint came in...

DSC00144-2.jpg

Now, a view of the box through the G&P Aimpoint replica...

DSC00135.jpg

Hopefully that gives you an idea of how blue'ish-green tinted everything looks through this sight. I'm guessing this is not normal?

Edited by Jin15

Thanks for the replies guys!

I've tried it outdoors in bright sunlight and the effect is just the same. The view through the sight looks like everything has a dark blue filter on it. The front lens looks reddish orange from the front, but when you look through the sight everything looks blue. It's not a major problem when using the sight with both eyes open but it is a bit annoying for sure. I know it's an airsoft quality optic and all and you get what you pay for, but for $40 I was expecting it would at least have reasonably clear glass.

At this point I've contacted eHobby Asia about it and sent them photos as well, so I'll wait to see what they think and if they think it's much more blue than it should be than I may be returning the sight to exchange it for a new one.

Thank you again to those who replied and offered their experiences!

For anyone interested, before I go ahead and return this sight for a refund (or resell it to someone who doesn't care about the blue lens if eHobby Asia won't take returns) I thought I'd add one more picture to demonstrate the issue. This picture is taken against a white wall (with some BB dents in it lol) for contrast.

DSC00177.jpg

Wow, I didn't expect the lens to be that blue....

Have you checked if the blue tint isn't really a thin protective, peelable film that protects the back lens temporarily?

My lens is tinted slightly brownish/purple as if it was designed for high-sunlight situations. Pretty dumb since a shooter would wear tinted shooting glasses.....

Just a thought...

-Luis

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, i have had one of these for a couple months now...

...and it finally broke (or semi-broke).

At first, I thought the Aimpoint was simply out of batteries.

However after I dropped some fresh ones in the Red Dot turns on and off for no reason.

Any ideas??

-Shin

PS: I really need to invest in some higher end Red Dot sights. I've gone through ACM Eotech 553's, T-1 Micros, and now this. So disappointing...

Batteries are the only problem with the G&P Aimpoints. They seem to drain battery even not being on. I have 3 G&P aimpoints and a Guard aimpoint. I once left the G&P and the Guarder for a year when I went to work off island here and when I cam back the Guard still worked and the G&P didn't even though they were both off. In the years I have had my G&P's and Guarder the G&P's go through 3x the batteries the Guarder does. Don't know why this is... but they can't be beat. I have had them on AEG's, .22's, 5.56mm, and even the recoil of .308 and all 3 of mine still work.

Robust is am understatement for these sights.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, good for you, why don't you go post that over in the correct thread, then?

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=179613&st=20

I just got one of these today to go on my WE SCAR.

DSC_0003-9.jpg

I have a slight blue lens effect.

I think the sticker on the box has something to do with this. None of my previous G&P optics have had this.

Mine says 'Sun Power System', with a cartoon lion smoking a cigar, and interestingly enough, wearing a pair of blue-tinted sunglasses with G&P scrawled all over them.

Maybe it's Engrish for 'tinted lens to make the dot more visible in sunlight'?

Who knows.

Ben.

I got it from eHobbyAsia, who are a fantastic retailer I would happily recommend.

The tint is noticable, but not excessive - certainly nothing like Jin15's, which is a bit weird, as it came from the same place.

Can anyone who buys one of these confirm the following;

1./ Does yours have the 'Sun Power System' sticker on the box (look for the cartoon lion!)?

2./ Does your lens have the blue tint?

Ben.

EDIT:: Looking at Jin's pics again, I think his camera is making it out to be slightly worse than it actually is. My optic has the same sort of tint, but just slightly less noticable.

Edited by L4byr1nth

The G&P Aimpoint I bought recently does have the Sun Power System sticker, and does have a slight blue tint to the lens. Nothing as severe as Jin15s though... It's noticeable, but really causes no problems.

Other than that, it's an awesome optic, lovely and solid, and the dot is perfect.

Edited by RWJP
  • 3 weeks later...