Bulk HK orders

I’m not sure if this should go here or the VCR page but as I can’t post on that I’m posting here. I’m putting together a bulk order for my team, probably from RSOV, that will include AEG’s, shottys and possibly some GBB’s as well as general gear. I have heard from a couple of people recently say that HMRC are impounding large ‘packages’ and it takes a small miracle to get them released if they even release them at all UKARA or not.

My question is; is there any truth to this and if so would it be more advisable to split the order down into smaller multiple orders ?

I have ordered and received AEG’s from HK a couple of times although the most recent, was this time last year and it was single order.

All advice is welcome.

Havn't heard anything myself, am curious to hear if this has happened to other people? Might just be the fact its a large order or thier worried about the distribution of them after they've been released (As in one skirmisher buys for others who don't have a defence).

What he said.

When you're importing stuff HMRC will assume it's for personal use.

If you're buying a huge heap of stuff I think HMRC is probably within their rights to assume it's not all for one person and then you've got the minefield of assembling the proof for all the people AND proving that the people who produce proof are the ones who will receive the stuff.

I'd suggest one bulk order for all the consumables and parts but ask each member of your team to purchase their own guns or, at least, divide up the order so guns come through in smaller groups.

I mean, if 2 different AEGs and a shotgun (for example) come through in a single parcel it's reasonable for one person to say all the guns are for them.

By contrast, if one person orders 5 x MP5s (for example) then it's difficult to believe that all 5 RIFs are going to be used by the person who's importing them.

A bit of common sense in that regard should see things go with no problems though.

*EDIT*

To be pedantic, the VCRA only requires that you are entitled to import RIFs.

I suppose, if challenged, you could say "Yeah, I'm importing them to sell but I'll only sell to people who can prove they're entitled to buy a RIF".

In theory you're not breaking any law and so you should get your guns but, I dunno. Convincing HMRC of that might be harder than it seems.

For the sake of simplicity I suspect importing stuff in quantities that HMRC can accept are for a single person is probably easiest.

have you tried contacting HMRC to see what their stance on the matter actually is?

if you pr-empt them and let them know what you want to do, they may help you sort it, which owuld save postage charges for one...

just a thought ;)

have you tried contacting HMRC to see what their stance on the matter actually is?

if you pr-empt them and let them know what you want to do, they may help you sort it, which owuld save postage charges for one...

just a thought ;)

Wise words.

TBH, it occurs to me that it's almost 3 years since the last time I had to contact HMRC about anything.

Anyway, whenever I've spoken to HMRC about airsoft related stuff I've always found them to be very understanding, very open and very helpful.

Genuinely, they're the best government department I've ever dealt with.

You never seem to get "I can't discuss this until you send the form" or "Each case is dealt with on its own merit" or any other slippery, non-commital response.

They always seem to be willing to offer suggestions and be helpful about what is or isn't acceptable.

I guess they actually know that restricting the flow of toy guns into the UK isn't really a number one priority.

I'll second that suggestion.

The thing is, you may find that whoever you contact may well say everything's OK, but it'll be down to whoever checks the package when it comes in to decide what happens.

You can't guarantee they'll have been informed.

Worth a phone call or two though.

I suppose calling and asking shouldn’t do any harm but I think your right Docv400, the person that I talk to is highly unlikely to be the person who checks the package and so it’s all really in the lap of the gods. I should treble my daily prays to Allah and maybe sacrifice a few more infidel westerners just to make sure. Do you think it would be wise for me to tell them that I am a terrorist when I call ?

Only if you say you are a terrifying terrorist and ask them if they are scared before demanding silence when they giggle at you :P

:P Achmed for the win!

I placed a bulk order for me and my cousin about 3 months after the VCRA came into affect which consisted of 2x G36c, 2x MP7 and 2x 1911. I tracked my order through UPS online and when it stopped at customs I gave UPS a call. They gave me the number for the customs office that it was being held at (restricted items dept at East-mids airport) and the convo went like this....

Customs: Why are you importing these replica firearms?

Me: I use them for military re-enactment.

Customs: Ok then, you should recieve them in the next few days.

Simple's.

Which shipping company are you using? If its UPS then East-mids airport is their UK hub where all the cargos off-loaded from the planes and then shipped by road (the sorting center in about 3 miles from my house). Give the customs office a call and tell them to expect a package of toy guns and you may even be able to leave your contact details so they can speak to you if the need arises.

Josh

Thanks Silent, I'll check who the carrier is and give them a call. I did a bulk order just after the VCR came in and had no problems probably as it takes a while for new legislation to actually start being enforced, which is why I wasn't supprised when I heard about more and more orders being siezed.

Its mostly scare stories. Think of how many thousands of RIF orders must have gone through without a hitch. Then 1 person gets thier's siezed and you better believe they'll whine about it on the internet.

With a UKARA/site membership number on the parcel and a phonecall to the holding branch if it does get siezed, I can't see you having any trouble.

Edit by Marlowe to dispel the usual misinformation: Or adequate personal evidence provided (such as the skirmish diary).

I do bulk orders for the guys at my club all the time.

Some are massive, some are not.

I've not yet had a problem with Customs, all they've ever wanted from me is my site insurance details. And they don't even ask for that now, because they have it on file. I get the occasional phone call.

It seems the best way might be to treat it as a 'commercial' import.

Get all your team mates to send a detailed email with their name, address and skirmisher details to you, along with what they want.

Any questions asked and you can just supply all of those details along with your own.

Hey! Wait! Stop!

Dont use RSOV use Gunner, When i compared EXACT same items for the site's stock pile we found Gunner to be atleast £15 cheaper and have an awesome customer service, but since that we have come into contact with wholesalers so yeah...

So you compared the price of “AEG’s, shottys and possibly some GBB’s as well as general gear” and it was cheaper at Gunner’s ? Psychic bot ? I’m going to start wearing tinfoil on my head from now on !

A little secret not many are aware of:

WGC is Hong Kong's major Importer, Exporter, Wholesaler and Retailer and are even supplier to other Hong Kong retailers. As such they are in a class of their own. But they are not as much involved in all that China clone business.

A little secret not many are aware of:

WGC is Hong Kong's major Importer, Exporter, Wholesaler and Retailer and are even supplier to other Hong Kong retailers. As such they are in a class of their own. But they are not as much involved in all that China clone business.

Weird, I can find lots of clone parts and guns on their website and have just recently ordered a few bits and pieces including a number of Element H nubs....

Weird, I can find lots of clone parts and guns on their website and have just recently ordered a few bits and pieces including a number of Element H nubs....

Can you read? I wrote "not as much", which means compared to other companies that focus on or do clone business only (e.g. ebaybanned or ehobbyasia, gunner etc.).

Can you read? I wrote "not as much", which means compared to other companies that focus on or do clone business only (e.g. ebaybanned or ehobbyasia, gunner etc.).

Yes, quite well in fact. However, your post gave the impression that WGC's clone/ACM/Chinasoft inventory range was limited to the point of not being worth dealing with them in acquiring clone stuff which is clearly not the case.

:rolleyes:

Archived