JG 416

I have a JG 416 with the fixed/solid stock but I want to add the crane stock from the new metal, crane stocked version. RSOV are now selling that particular stock as a separate item. What I want to know is, will I need to get a new stock tube or will I just simply be able to take the fixed stock off and slide the crane stock on? I know I might have to do some adjustments to the fuse and connecting wires but that won’t be an issue.

Thanks in advance

It depends how you rewire the battery. I swapped the tube on mine simply because it was easier for me, but you dont have to, there are other ways to wire it, for example you can just leave the back plate off of the buffer tube. The fuse is also too big to fit inside the buffer tube as it is, so that will definately need to be done something with. Hope that helps.

The wiring isn’t the worry for me as I can fiddle with that to get it to all fit with minimum hassle. The thing I want to really know, wires and fuse aside, is can I just slide the fixed stock off and stick the crane stock on and it all work with out having to change the stock/buffer tube ?

The 417 stock will fit straight onto the buffer tube without the need to replace it and work in all the different positions as it should, yes. I only replaced mine because the one that is on it is a solid one piece casting, and I wanted the tube and ring to be seperate.

Archived