'Night sights' on an MEU

Vamp V^^V

Hi everyone,

I was just looking at my TM MEU, and realised that the only thing that I have a (sort of) issue with is the sights. As lovely as they are, they're a real pain to aim with as soon as it gets at all dark. For my eyes anyway. Something to do with the tiny slit in the rear sight makes it tricky to aim with.

I was wondering if, amongst anything else, anyone had any experience with 'night sights', tritium rods, spotted ones, etc. Not necessarily on a 1911, just any advice of what sort is best.

And if anyone knows how easy it is to strip the MEU and chance sights :)

Cheers, Vamp.

The Nitesiters work ok: http://www.nitesiters.com/

The glow on them lasts real long (some guy on the site said his lasted 18hours but I haven't tried). Though my friend who bought a pack said their adhesive really is balls. Superglue was loads of help. Better if your sights already have shallow drilled out holes for the dots to anchor the stickers better.

Another vote for nitesiters. They've worked really well for me on all of the pistols I've put them on. A tiny dab of superglue does help keep them in place, but they glow for ages after you charge them.

Cheers guys, I like the sound of that!

I'm assuming that they 'charge' just like most other glow in the dark things, i.e. after being exposed to light for some time? I can see that they offer a variety of styles and sizes, so I'd need to pick one to suit the low profile sights on the MEU. Plus, I wouldn't have to remove them!

There's a couple threads on the subject, one I made a couple of months ago here, and it just came up in the 1911 picture thread. You can fit a real front sight on the MEU without too much trouble (maybe some filing), but the rear sight is a real *badgeress* (a lot of filing/dremmeling to get it to fit on, fit the bbu, and not fall off). One issue with nightsighters is that they will definitely need some glue to stick to the bumpy edge of the front sight, but they should work fine in the long run. Good luck.

That won't work at the dark Punky but it's very bright on day light. Vamp your correct you must charge them first, that's why they sell flashlights.

while on the topic, they were selling a set of Dytac phosper sights for the P226. would they fit on a KJW 229 and how well do they glow?

Archived