Posting the same pics in several picture threads

So, when I look up the picture threads, especially the AR-15 related, some people obviously think their guns are soooo special that they have to post the same pictures in like up to 3 threads.

"It's an AR-15 so I gonna post it in the Armalite thread. Oh, I got the old Magpul stock on so it has to go into the Magpul trend thread as well. tell ya what, I gonna hook it up with a surpressor so I can post it in the silenced weapons thread too. Gosh I'm the John Rambo of airsoft..."

is that really necessary?

Please just post in one thread and chose the one you feel it's most related to. We all know you guys are excited and wanna show off your guns. But I guess you wish for positive feedback as well and when people get mad because they have to look at them three times you might achieve the exact opposite.

lol, have to agree with you, very annoying, I wonder if it might be covered on the sites thread cross posting rules?

Don't post duplicate threads

Multiple threads started about the same thing may be deleted, merged or moved at the moderators' discretion.

However it does state threads and not posts, so I'm guessing not.

They mean spamming the same set of pictures across multiple threads.

For examples sticking a set in the Gear pictures thread, Pics of yourself in the field and then going across and posting the same pictures in the PMC thread. Rather than choosing the most appropriate single thread to put the pics in and sticking with that.

Ahh, sorry. My bad - I misunderstood.

There's no automatic way of preventing this. If you feel a user is getting a bit carried away, report the posts using the 'report' button and leave it to the Moderating staff to decide what's best. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Given that

1) in most cases the images are not hosted on the Arnies' server and

2) many people may not view all the threads to which a picture could apply to, but would still appreciate seeing the pic

I don't see the problem here. I myself posted a couple of pics of my G36 in the G36 thread and in the HK thread. The latter doesn't say "HK thread except anything with its own thread already" - and why should it? I don't consider that it is spamming to link to the same off-site image in more than one thread, as long as the image is relevant to that thread.

• 3 months later...

yeah it still annoying to see the same pice three times.

Why can't people just pick one thread?

Just recently, I checked the magpul picture thread

"Oh that's nice"

Checked the AR-15 thread

"oh, so here we go again..."

Checked the silenced picture thread

"Are you kiddin me...?"

It is just plain annoying and more than that, just unnecessary.

To be fair, fiddlesticks4220's M4 doesn't have a suppressor on it. :lol:

Seriously though, Marlowe has already addressed your concern, and I have to say I agree with Hedganian--as long as the picture is relevant to the thread and isn't posted an absurd number of times, I don't see the problem.

I have no issue with it. I don't look at every picture thread on arnies. I look at the PMC thread, but if someone just posts their picture in a different one because they don't want to re-post it, then people like me won't see it.

If it gets excessive do as Marlowe said, report it, or just scroll past, like I do, when there are repeats.