The Real Steel Discussion Thread

Fuser

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sling shotting, ie turning the pistol at a 45 degree angle is a bad technique simply because its not a repeatable action.

How do you clear a malfunction? You tap wrack and bang by powerstroking over the top.

Why add another movement to your stable when you dont have to?

Sling shotting, ie turning the pistol at a 45 degree angle is a bad technique simply because its not a repeatable action.

How do you clear a malfunction? You tap wrack and bang by powerstroking over the top.

Why add another movement to your stable when you dont have to?

thats just a preference. and mine is different.

i use a different method, because im a different person.

-Joe

Erik, that optics setup is horrid. Fix it :D

Gotta dance with the girl ya brung, a replacement has been on the budget for some time, but I keep getting sidetracked with things like car repairs.

I'm hoping for July; probably a CMore Tactical model.

Since we was just talking about Lever Actions, my Lever gun doesn't have sling mounts of any kind, but I hate weapons that don't have slings, so I can't decide what would be a good sling for it. What do you guys think?

Uncle Mike's probably makes a sling swivel stud adapter that will work for it. So get the UM stuff and then pick the sling based on what you're going to use it for. If you're just going to use the sling as a carry strap, it doesn't matter. If you're going to use it as a steady sling, get an M1907-style sling.

Very nice, Titleist. Nothing wrong with adding a lil' bling to your build. :P

M6A3 ordered. Nabbed it in MRE for $2,300.00. Yay.

-Vic

P.S. This link contains a link to audio that is disturbing, but paints a "vivid picture of reality". Take home defense seriously.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&...8620&page=1

Stuff like that makes me concerned that by UK Law... the shotgun in my house has to be disassembled, and locked up in a strongbox. Not that home invasion of that scale is likely, but still.

On the subject of lever actions, probably gonna give the .38 under lever they have at my local range, see if that's fun gun to shoot. Purchase wise I'm probably going to just get bolty .22 for hunting rabbits on local land.

That just reinforces what I've said in the past. Calling the police for help is great, but what do you do between when you place that call and when they arrive? Are you going to fight to the death? Not me, I'm going to fight to win.

Take note:

Apparently it took about 17 minutes for the cops to show up.

To get to a crime scene where two people were murdered and the third victim got into a gun fight with the invaders.

And there was nothing keeping the invaders from breaking in again!

Morals:

-Keep guns. A handgun worked in this situation, but a rifle or a shotgun would have been better.

-Don't rely on the cops. They will help when they get there, but you're responsible for keeping yourself alive until they do!

-Keep loaded ammo on hand. It sounds like about a magazine worth of ammunition was fired in the gun fight... that magazine could have malfunctioned and if the bastards had come back, she would have definitely wanted another magazine or two.

At least she winged one of the bastards. I wonder if they'd have caught 'em if she hadn't hit him.

Out of interest, how many of the Americans in this thread have been engaged in firefights outside of a military environment?

Archived