The Real Steel Discussion Thread

Fuser

it occured somewhere in arizona, it was suspected that the people were linked to "minute man" group

That particular "minuteman" group was an extremist racist group that was not linked to the original Minutemen groups that patrol the borders. They have been linked to other murders in California as well.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Opinions:

SAI M1A 20" barrel

versus

DS Arms SA58 18" barrel

in the following categories:

-Versatility

-Portability

-Reliability

-Ergonomics

-wut m bset gnu?

i cannot comment on the 20" SA M1A, or the SA58 directly, but i personally own the SA SOCOM16 (16" M1A) and it is phenomenal. low recoil, simple, easy to use, very versatile (many aftermarket parts) and lightweight. in my opinion, it is the perfect rifle for civilian use. i could use it for CQB, hunting, target practice, and long range precision shooting. the muzzle brake on the socom16 is the best ive ever used on a 7.62 rifle, and the felt recoil is comparable to that of a 5.56.

i would HIGHLY recommend anything Springfield Armory related, as their customer service is wonderful, and of course, they make fantastic weapons.

wayneard: do you have any experience with crossbreed holsters? im looking for an IWB holster for my M1911, and ive been considering both crossbreed and RC (as per the advice of this thread) and would like to know opinions.

thanks

-Joe

wayneard: do you have any experience with crossbreed holsters? im looking for an IWB holster for my M1911, and ive been considering both crossbreed and RC (as per the advice of this thread) and would like to know opinions.

Sorry man never handled one... One thing I like about the RCS holster is the fact that I can swap out the hardware and use it OWB as well, something the Crossbreeds I have seen cannot do

Like a couple others in this thread, I'm becoming more and more interested in purchasing a Benelli m4, As far as a combat,home defense, 3 gun shotgun, where does it stack up? I know the Marines use it, which is a large plus, and it definitely has a unique look to it, which I also like. Does it really have any shortcomings or is an all around great weapon?

If you can, get it with a full stock. The recoil impulse coming off the collapsible stock (if you can even find them at a good price, they go for 2500 or so) is pretty nasty with full loads.

Also they came out with two models of the slide stocks, the originals which are truly collapsible, and a more commercial version which doesn't really slide, it's just for looks. The one that really collapses is extremely expensive.

My dealer has one of these he set aside for me, and that's still 1800 bucks, and that's with a "friendly deep discount".

What's the name of that company that makes the injection molded holsters and pouches that Costa is using in that oh so frequently posted photograph with the short-barreled SR-15? I don't think it's Blade-Tech, because the Glock holster looks slightly different, but I could be wrong...

EDIT

This is the photo http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/sh/huge/_32Y7160.jpg

EDIT 2

Might as well just ask directly at this point——

Could someone suggest a good injection molded magazine holder for Glock 17 style magazines that is MOLLE-mountable?

thanks

-Joe

I don't have any experience with the IWB holsters crossbreed makes, but I do have an OWB (SnapSlide), from Crossbreed. It's really nice. The leather is good quality as well. I found I needed to tighten up the retention a bit (just with a hot air gun), but other than that it's great. I've heard great things about their SuperTuck as well.

+1 for the FB pouches. They SUCK at first, but as I said before if you heat the kydex insert up to the point of near gooey and put the mags in, let them cool, they'll be form fitting. Basically they won't go anywhere with the mags inside, but pulling the magazines out is silky smooth.

well, now i know that Pmags will work with magpul mag assists. cool.

still debating whether or not to get them. right now i have 6 USGI mags, so i might as well get 6 Pmags. im looking at the new version maglevels in black. i also have to get some more M1A magazines...

-Joe

Archived