I was curious if anyone has ever made the same Ghillie suit much like CoD4. Where the front of the body is open for your magazines, the legs are covered in the back, but not the front. I want to sew the netting onto my vest and the rest of my gear. I have a 2 piece ghillie suit, that when the first time I used them the pants ripped under in that certain spot. The top has a zipper in the middle. I was thinking of cutting up the netting with the burlap, take the zipper entirely off. Sew the netting to my gear. I just want my ghillie to be used instead of being a waist of my brothers money. I got this as a birthday present last year. Does anyone have any ideas for me? I'll take pictures of the gear I have.

3324837859_a44a8d6125.jpg

This is the same suit that I have... please take note that mine looks better then this one. It will look even better after I put vegetation in it.

Ultra-light-Ghillie-Suit-Jacket-Woo.jpg

I found this on Youtube,

How to make a Ghillie Suit 1/9 - 1 of 9 videos. It covers even a backpack (which I will need)

Edited by stickyittoyou

probably the correct forum, but it may get more response in the ghillie thread in snipers haven....

anywho, i wouldnt recommend sewing to your gear (im guessing you mean BDU's, as well as your vest). you will have more options if you dont.

what i would do is modify the one you have. for example, with the ripped trousers, i would turn these into gaiters, covering the backs of your legs from the knees down. ignore your thighs, jacket will cover these.

as for the jacket, i personally would modify it to look more like a webtex (or similar) concealment vest. cut the zip out, as you said, along with most of the lower front section, and use fastex buckles to close it. add a waist belt too.

as for attaching to your gear, dont. it will only tangle and get in the way, as opposed to sliding a hand under the ghillie for access to pouches/pockets etc, which you can better open by feel if they are unencumbered with ghillie material.

trust me on this, i tried it too, when i was all naive and green :P

further, i dont know what environment you play in, but a permanently attached ghillie will hold water. which will make you wet too, and you wont be able to shed it without taking your gear/clothes off. this can make you cold and miserable and heavy. been there, done that too.

on the other side of this, fire is a real risk. even with so called 'proofed' suits, they still burn. again, trust me on this. i tried it with some supposedly treated jute, and it went up like a shot. you want to be able to get out of one quickly if needed.

third, washing. if attached to gear, your gear is harder to clean. same for clothing. you dont want to be washing a ghillie at all, to allow it to wear in and weather. however, you do want to wash your clothes and kit, or you will become one lonely airsofter :cheese::o

another thing to consider is whether you want to be in a ghillie all the time. it may sometimes be too hot to bother to play in one, or your team may go out in front of opfor before a game, and you prancing round in a wookie suit alerts them of your presence. if its in a pack, they may just consider you all as riflemen. the element of surprise and all that.

lastly (for now!), sew lots of elastic on for natural veg. you need this to make it a truly effective suit.

these are just my thoughts and opinions, apologies if they sound patronising, i dont mean it that way.

im sure others will pipe in with help too.

shmook

ps, like i said, maybe report this thread, and request to have it moved to the ghillie thread, or at least into snipers haven. it will get a lot more feedback there:)

Huge thread on ghillies

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=102004

And as COD does as much research into things as i do trips to mars you will probably find no real product that will match what your trying to find. However i think this is as close as you will be able to get from this image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sniper-Concealment-V...93%3A1|294%3A50