• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trasher, that's exactly what it should look like. Dirty and with the grain coming out :)

I am going to sand down the lacquer/glossy finish, dry brush some acrylic paint on, and then soak it in some oil for a couple of days. Should do the trick I think.

When was the last time when you saw a copy of ANY Real Sword product. :P

True, but how many ppl do you know that want a copy of a Type 97 or whatever.

Not think of this - how many ppl just like you and me would want a cheap SVD just for the kicks of it.

Granted - IF it will be cloned, then with imitation or crappy wood and cheap metal parts, but still - it will have the same internal design. Thus you can swap some thing like hopup rubber, inner barrel etc to get the same performance out of the "to be cloned" RS SVD as of the original.

I mean really - if ppl are shelling out 700 USD for this one, then IT IS A HIT SELLER! Just like the CA M249 was when it came out. Remember what happened then?!

B.

With a barrel 70cm long, I have serious doubts pot metal would last. Only steel counts here, and that will prevent cloners from making anything actually useful. At best, you would get a wobbly squeeking rifle.

Not true. I suggest you take a look at some newer china models that are being cloned and the discuss further.

B.

I hear you about the funds, I started saving back when they first anounced it. I guess I am lucky it was delayed for something like half a year.

Sanding paper time, as soon as I get the rifle! :)

We will have to compare when we are done. What method did you use for your Atoz?

Got mine in today. It really is a very fine rifle... I am very impressed (and I don't get impressed often). Its everything that I hoped it would be and then some. The thing just oozes class and quality. I'll have a review of it done and up in the database within a week or so (I need to run some tests and see how it works).

Its hard to describe what it feels like holding it except that when you pick up another airsoft gun, full metal or not, it just feels like a toy compared to the RS SVD.

I spent about 6 hours sanding and painting my furniture over and over again... the handgaurds and cheek rest look great, but its hard to get the wood on the stock to match the rest of the furniture because its a separate piece of wood :(

Could you give me advice?

I'm looking for a precision inner barrel -> deepfire 6.02 700mm, pdi 6.01 650mm or edgi 690mm 6.xx? edgi with or without porting system?

I am going to get an edgi 690mm 6.03 with ports for myself. The deepfire 6.02 would be fine, but it will stick a tiny bit out into your flash hider. I don't recommend something that is 6.01 or 6.02 however, to many mixed reviews, I stick to 6.03-6.04mm.

If you do get the edgi, let me know. We can order together (they make custom jobs in batches I hear).

I am going to get an edgi 690mm 6.03 with ports for myself. The deepfire 6.02 would be fine, but it will stick a tiny bit out into your flash hider. I don't recommend something that is 6.01 or 6.02 however, to many mixed reviews, I stick to 6.03-6.04mm.

If you do get the edgi, let me know. We can order together (they make custom jobs in batches I hear).

I have one problem edgi needs the outer diameter for the porting thing and i have no tool. By the way it's $120 for 690mm/6.01 inner barrel and $60 for shipping to france.

If the rifle is such high quality, why replacing the inner barrel? :unsure:

It will have minimum impact on fps and accuracy unless RS installed a really low quality barrel...

Well you know i have money to waste :P

This aeg is good but it might be better :D

If the rifle is such high quality, why replacing the inner barrel? :unsure:

It will have minimum impact on fps and accuracy unless RS installed a really low quality barrel...

I spent some time shooting it with .2g bbs and comparing it to my CA8-2 with pommy 6.03 using the same battery. The SVD shoots further and at times more accurately. The problem is, the precision barrel makes the CA8 more consistent. Of all the upgrades I would recommend, this would be the one. Its not bad at all (excellent out of the box) but its still not quite precision barrel quality.