The gearbox unlock switch is avalaible directly from realsword ($11 )

Or you can get yourself a MOFSET for about $10 more and never worry about it again :)

A 4x scope is more than enough for airsoft purposes. In fact, sometimes, even less zoom would be desirable ;)

I opened mine a few days ago, and noticed that the Madbull Black rubber had seen heavy use, starting to show signs of tearing.

This man speaks the truth. 4x is just fine, but some people have issues with the eye relif. This becomes more a personal issue and how you like to play. On another note, counterassasin, how many rounds have you gone through? It would be nice to know when I should be checking my own unit for wear and tear.

e: If you have the cash consider getting an adjustable scope. Being able to go from something like 8-3x will allow you to be flexible and find your own comfort level at the same time.

Edited by Kov
  • Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I chose not to go to evike ive heard horror stories.

They are half decent if you get the correct order, but if you get the wrong gun/item then they are a horror to deal with because of their poor customer service. I must have ordered over 700$ in items from Evike, I was just fortunate that I received the correct item every time.

Their customer service was decent. I got the wrong m14 mags from their free 2x mag special(AGM m14 mags does not fit on G&G guns). They sent me two free g&g mags later on...I didn't even have to return the AGM mags.

Oh btw, got my SVD from evikes recently. LOVE it! QC reports it shooting at 430fps on the dot!(+/- 1 fps!) Now that's consistent.

On another note, counterassasin, how many rounds have you gone through? It would be nice to know when I should be checking my own unit for wear and tear.

If I had to guess, I'd say somewhere close to 800 rounds, give or take. I'm wondering whether FPS or how much hop I had applied has been the determining factor. FPS was around 570 when I used it the most, during the summer season.

570 was the highest I dared to take it. But that was strictly for range and accuracy testing. When I started using it in games, FPS was a bit more sane 450-460.

I only mentioned the highest number, because that was when I started using the Black Madbull Rubber, so the high FPS may have caused more wear to the rubber than, let's say 450 fps.

Getting a lot of strayers with KSC 0.30g and the worn Madbull Rubber. I have a new Hop-Up Rubber in the mail, so I'm hoping accuracy will get back to what it once was.

Still not getting the FPS constancy that some here has, i.e. in decimals. I might need to try a new o-ring.

And even with a Mosfet, you can get the dreaded trigger lock-up. I know, it happened to me in the middle of a firefight at Berget. So this switch from Real Sword still seems like a good idea.

Well, I spent two solid days skirmishing with my SVD. I am used to the weight now which while being heavy is not that bad (even on a two day operation). I experienced the gearbox lock up twice during the first day which I never had before... I attributed it to not pulling the trigger all the way on double taps (the gearbox cycles slower than what I am used to). Still, considering that I had a MOFSET and 3 cell battery installed it was a real downer. Now RS is launching a V2 that makes it esier to fix, but does not adress the actual problem.... I think I am going to contact RS and ask if they can be nice enough to send me that gearbox unlock kit or explain what the gently caress is going on.

I am also getting more random fliers... at times I don't experience enough hop... and then after 2-3 shots I get an awesomely accurate, full hop, glider shot that hits right where I want it. I recently lubed my barrel with silicone, which is likely part of it, but its hard to tell sometimes.

At ~520fps and .30g bbs I love the range and realism of this rifle, but the lack of consistency is really hurting me. My question to anyone who put a precision barrel inside- did it improve the random fliers? It would be awesome to come up with a fix to this problem.

I recently lubed my barrel with silicone, which is likely part of it, but its hard to tell sometimes.

Never lube your barrel. It must be bone dry.

It reminds me of people at the local skirmish site who try to fix malfunctioning hop-ups or magazines by spraying silicone directly into them. Every time I'm all like er wait what're youNO WAIT DONT *PSSSHHHH* never mind. ~_____~

What I did notice with my SVD was that after maybe two mags, the barrel had to be cleaned. Could be KSC 0.30g BB's fault. The barrel was so dirty that I had to clean it 3-4 times with the supplied cleaning rod and toilet paper for it to become perfectly clean again.

And this was after about 200 rds, so if you're getting random strayers all of the sudden, try cleaning the barrel.

Well, I spent two solid days skirmishing with my SVD. I am used to the weight now which while being heavy is not that bad (even on a two day operation). I experienced the gearbox lock up twice during the first day which I never had before... I attributed it to not pulling the trigger all the way on double taps (the gearbox cycles slower than what I am used to). Still, considering that I had a MOFSET and 3 cell battery installed it was a real downer. Now RS is launching a V2 that makes it esier to fix, but does not adress the actual problem.... I think I am going to contact RS and ask if they can be nice enough to send me that gearbox unlock kit or explain what the gently caress is going on.

I am also getting more random fliers... at times I don't experience enough hop... and then after 2-3 shots I get an awesomely accurate, full hop, glider shot that hits right where I want it. I recently lubed my barrel with silicone, which is likely part of it, but its hard to tell sometimes.

At ~520fps and .30g bbs I love the range and realism of this rifle, but the lack of consistency is really hurting me. My question to anyone who put a precision barrel inside- did it improve the random fliers? It would be awesome to come up with a fix to this problem.

May I ask what spring you are using to achieve the 520fps with the .30's?

May I ask what spring you are using to achieve the 520fps with the .30's?

I guess that was misleading. I am shooting 520fps with .20g, which is about 400 with .30s. The spring was a M140 that I cut down about 1.5 cm. I guess I will go clean my barrel again... thoroughly.

e: What do you use to clean the barrel Utty? Alcohol? Nothing?