• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually what batteries do i need for the scope (the rs scope)

Bleh, I can't edit any more.

Peeps, I'm having a problem finding the right battery.

Normally for sniper/ DRM role we'll need a nice 20-25C LiPo right?

But since the gear ratio of the gearbox is completely different from ant V2 or V3, would 16C be sufficient, you think?

It's the only 11.1V LiPo I can find which has decent specs:

- GE Power 11.1V 1520mAh 16C Li-Po Battery ( Single Pack )

Suggestions/ corrections? :)

I get lag time on the gearbox more than something with 3 gears, but I can understand... there is a whole lot of torque in there :)

I cleaned my barrel using just clean cotton... absolutely filthy. I can't wait to see how it shoots now. I must say, besides the gearbox lock up and the initial hop up problems, this SVD really grows on you the more you use it. Its a beautiful rifle through and through.

I am absolutely stunned after skirmishing with it yesterday. I was taking shots and getting many kills at ~200feet possibly further with the iron sights. The gearbox lockup happend and the gun was not very usable after like 4 or 5 mags with a 9.6 1600mah stick bat. Think it would last longer and be better if I go get a lipo? Idk I haven't cleaned the barrel yet but I am getting god accuracy so far with G&G .25s. Overall I am lovin it

Firefox 11v 1600mah lipo-stick was good for hundreds of shot at 570fps.

I have the same and it locked up after about 200 shots on a full charge. I think I just didn't press the trigger down all the way... Only had 3 and shot about 1000 rounds or so.

ok sweet I will check it out. its just annoying that my 9.6's dont last long enough, I mean they are 1600 mah with my Aks74 it getts a good 1500+ shoots. If a different motor was installed into the RS SVD would it possibly imrove? like a systema high torque or something?

I don't think a high torque motor will do anything at all. Remember that your gearbox has 4 gears instead of three. I have used everything from a 7.2v NiMH to a 3 cell Lipo and the difference in cycle speed is much lower than that of a 3 gear gearbox. I'm sure a Lipo will give you more life than your NiMH (1 MAH NiMH ~1 shot, 1MAH LiPO ~3 shots)

ok sweet I will check it out. its just annoying that my 9.6's dont last long enough, I mean they are 1600 mah with my Aks74 it getts a good 1500+ shoots. If a different motor was installed into the RS SVD would it possibly imrove? like a systema high torque or something?

that is deffenetly not the right formula for the 4 gears or somethign then, cause have a 1600 mah battery in my svd and I got less than 600 shots let alone 1600. I am thinking lipo anyway. I bet witha lipo it will shoot the same as my Kalash witha 9.6 in terms of cycle speed, either way it shoots awsome so I geuss I have that going for me :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few things:

- I asked RS in email about their new tappet plate that was mentioned in

. It can be ordered directly from them and costs 8USD.

- Also I was told that the ID of the inner barrel is 6.05mm.

- I ordered a new PDI spring for the rifle. Trasher said to me that it was hard to fit in the Systema spring. With the rifle he provided the original spring in the package of the Systema and the package show the upgrade spring is clearly longer. The PDI spring is just about as long as the factory spring of the SVD so I think it will be much more easier to put it in.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't see if it has been mentioned before, but an interesting alternative has been mentioned about preventing gearbox lockup. A sophisticated MOSFET (Xtreme Fire Cheetah) with programmable burst (a burst lasting only one shot) and alimination of cutoff lever.

1. Remove the cutoff lever to make the gun like full auto only.

2. Install the Cheetah with Don's software. It could be locked into auto-only or you could just set that in the programming. It remembers that forever until you change it even with the battery removed. Maybe you would want to use it as a sniper machine gun too? Cheesy

3. You would probably have to adjust the semi motor run timing a bit to get it to fire just one perfect shot, but that is not very hard.

Don's Software manual is here:

http://unconventional-airsoft.com/gfx/trig...cumentation.pdf

It seems the semi-only mode, either soft or hard programmed, would fix your problem. Sort of an extreme solution for what should be an easy problem to fix some other way. But apparently there is no other easy other way according to some super experts. RiotSC knows far far more about airsoft guns than the companies that make them Wink

I am shortly to be joining the SVD owners club.

I am gettin a little used original release model for a decent price.

No scope tho, but I do have an NSPU night scope for night time use. ( used it on my ak, accurate to 50m in pitch black )

I have the clone bipod arriving today for this. A MUST for night scope use. :)

Cannot wait to own this. I will be changin the wood on the stock tho, much too shiny for me!

The RS SVD is a "typical" DMR rifle. it's accuracy and range is quite good, though not a "real sniper's" one. though it is a gun i'd rather have on my side than on the opponent's one. Besides this, it is a reall good copy of the real one, accoring to it'S look and feel. I just can recommen everyone who is thinking about to get one, take it as soon as you can get your hands on one. If you want somepics of it, just call for them. SVD in our armament

A league of its own, far above the competition. It is an AEG which I simply had to have, for many reasons: aesthetics, coolness, build quality, materials, simplicity, even status symbol. There is no AEG quite like it, except RS Type 56 which do come close ;).

http://www.dragunov.net/ndm86.html

The more I look at it, the more I am certain RS actually made NDM 86, not SVD. Wood color (being almost orange with extremely shiny finish) and rear sight slider (being silver instead of black) give it away. Also, scope color is black, while Soviet scope that I've seen are grey color. However, this I can live with, especially if you consider rifle qualities (it is the best AEG I've seen or handled ever).