• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one of these shortly. I had one on preorder at Evike back when they were scheduled to come in at the beginning of November, but as the date kept getting pushed back so I cancelled in favor of a G&G SR25. Unfortunately for my wallet it appears that they've finally got it in stock for real. So what should I do when I get it as far as mods are concerned? I'll get the Firefox lipo with it, but I'm not sure as far as hopup and scopes are concerned. I already have a nice NCStar 3.5-10 zoom scope, so a scope mount is preferable but I have no idea what I should be looking for with them, and I'll be getting the shark hopup if the stock accuracy doesn't please me. Any other advice besides constant barrel cleaning?

• 2 weeks later...

I see, thanks for the prompt reply people.

Right now the stock gearset ratio is 9.25 revolutions on the bevel to 1 on sector. This is similar to Super Torque up ratio. Am experimenting on using bevel flat gear of systema STU, which has 8 teeth instead of 10 to slow the ratio and up it to 11:1. Snagged on the anti reverse tangs on the bevel, will update on it as soon as I have the mods made.

My findings on the compression parts like piston head, cylinder head and nozzle is excellent. Very good compression due to correct design and precise castings. I like the short nozzle, this leads to instant compression compared to very long nozzles which usually is poor fps wise.

Edited by yetifas

Finally was able to rework the gears so that this can crank a stronger spring. Pix below on bevel Super torque up gear with modifications on the anti reverse teeth. Gearset ratio is now close to ultra torque up.

Sorry for the crappy phone camera pix.

Picture031.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Below is an Energy long piston, modified to half tooth. ALso shaved the back part like stock piston angle.

Picture033.jpg

With a stronger ICS Turbo3000 motor it can crank an sp150 spring. Very good compression parts like the nozzle, piston head, cylinder head and hop chamber, which I never touched in any way. Fantastic chrono readings and are for my eyes only. smile.gifwide-eyed.gif

One funny thing about this gun is the electric switch release. You need to push an implement that is included inside the mag well, very strange.

I also made a hole underneath the pistol grip cap so no need to remove the cap to adjust motor height, I do not see any reason why you need to remove that cap in the field just to adjust the motor height. A lot of things get lost in the field, I hate to lose the cap and screw.

Edited by yetifas

Finally was able to rework the gears so that this can crank a stronger spring.

The stock rifle can easily handle 600 fps springs so I'm not sure why you "reworked" the gears, unless you want to push stupidly high muzzle energies...

600 fps springs, you mean an sp160? I highly doubt the stock gears can crank this spring. Forcing the gears may not be good for the motor and battery. Gear ratio I mentioned earlier on stock gears is 9.25:1 revolutions, that is super torque up speed, up to 150 spring at best. What I achieved by swapping the bevel to lower gearset ratio is 11.5:1. This can easily crank an sp 150 or higher spring. I finally used a guarder sp160 spring, which achieved 625fps on 0.2 bb. Shooting several times, chrono readings only deviate to 3-4 fps, amazing gun!

On the ICS motor I cut the shaft to match the short motor. The stock Realsword motor may not be enough, feels like an acm motor to me. Actually any short motor can fit, as long as this can be used on AK, AUG youre fine.

My main concern in the long run is the stock spur gear, which to me looks too thin even if it is made of steel. Anyways time will tell if this can withstand that spring, and hopefully RealSword is browsing different forums on what upgrade people demand next. They should also sell the gearbox at least by early next year, there is none available at the moment. The stock spring guide is a big problem, there is no hole at the back, you can just imagine inserting the hard sp160 spring without a needle screwdriver, it took me 4-5 tries after parts jump all over flamed.gif ! The mosfet is a must, since this gun fires only on semi, burn sparks on every bb expelled.

My observation is that since Real Sword is a real steel manufacturer, feel of this gun is the same. Manipulating the selector lever, inserting the mag has quite some resistance to it unlike regular aegs.

Another suggestion is to wrap some guillie material on the wooden foregrip, I hate seeing that varnish gouged out by brushes, broken concrete whilst playing on the field.

Edited by yetifas

600 fps springs, you mean an sp160? I highly doubt the stock gears can crank this spring.

You can "highly doubt it" all day long, I fired hundreds of rounds without any kind of problem, the rifle cycled effortlessly and quickly at 580fps (Systema M160 cut by 1" + Lipo 20c 11v 1600mah)... :rolleyes:

Londo,

Very good news for us then eh? smile.gif Hope the price goes down a bit from 25 euros.

You can "highly doubt it" all day long, I fired hundreds of rounds without any kind of problem, the rifle cycled effortlessly and quickly at 580fps (Systema M160 cut by 1" + Lipo 20c 11v 1600mah)... rolleyes.gif

Trasher,

You cut the spring? That explains it then why an sp160 can be cranked, but still I want to be by the book and still match the ratio to the spring. Not too fond of cutting springs though but to each his own right? Well am glad that yours is doing just fine, but still my concerns about forcing gears on uber strong springs gives me the shivers.

Edited by yetifas

man standard motor's fine it cranks my ms150 spring

gonna order a second gearbox with the reinforced gears, piston, pistonhead,.....

and try out the G&P m160 motor with the new released ms170 rs spring

guessing at 600-650fps

wasnt there a 210 spring also available?? i wanna check that out aswell

ill test the limits (still wondering how to compress and hold those springs into place when closing the gearbox HAHA)

R6-rider,

I believe that the sp130 spring is unforgiving, fully compressed it is still long compared to 140-170 springs.

The culprit may be the spacer at the back of the piston head, that spacer may be too long for the spring.

Try to shave or cut it so that spring can be cranked, also this is way better than cutting the spring.

Hope this helps people. :)

do you have to cut the springs for it to cycle correctly? i put a regular guarder sp130 inside mine and the piston jammed in the back of the gearbox and got stuck, every time. i just want 480ish fps. what spring should i use and do i have to cut the spring for it to cycle correctly?

If you have an aftermarket piston, make sure it isn't getting too much friction from the rails on the sides of the GB shell.

EDIT: I'm dumb there aren't any aftermarket pistons for this.

But check to see if there is any interference anyways.

Edited by league 4

Now that is really amazing. Real sword releasing all their parts even up to the bits and pieces inside the gearbox. Good move on RS in doing so, who likes to buy a gun that will be a wall hanger, thanks for the link l96ninja.

Did not know that G&P has a GBBR of this gun out now, but for the price I would prefer the aeg version.

I had to mill a full tooth metal teeth piston in half because the stock piston will surely strip on the 160 spring.

I had to mill a full tooth metal teeth piston in half because the stock piston will surely strip on the 160 spring.

i did that too with an energy steel teeth piston. changed the motor to a stronger magnet a&k. i placed a systema psg-1 400% spring lets see how long my set up lasts.

oh it shoots 597 fps @ .25