• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another day another issue.

Changed the hop bucking to a madbull black, consistency was rubbish.

The silicon version fell apart. :-/

First and last time I buy Madbull buckings.

Re-installed stock bucking with 'fishbone' nub, left the hop on a bit high when chronoing and got a jam.

Removed barrel etc to un-jam, did so and ever since my SVD has been firing full auto only.

I presume the cut-off lever has somehow become damaged?

Bit late to be taking the gearbox apart now though.

Right Im beginning to hate this thing.

Opened the gearbox and found one of the bearing was pushing itself out, blocking the cutoff lever.

Pushed it back in, thought all was well as it worked fine for the time.

Chronoed fine too, consistent 345 +/-3

Mid way through chrono it stopped again, pressed unjamming thingy to get it to full auto.

Fires again and stay full auto. :-/

Found that if I press the gear under the selector levers pivot it would be able to fire semi again.

Also, decided to change the nub from stock to an SCS nub and afterwards somehow lost 100fps!

Full auto problem sorted, needed a shim or two to stop the gear/bearing moving out.

Consistency is also back to +/-3fps, no jams.

However on close inspection of the hop unit it is self destructing.

Noticed 2 cracks appearing from them front of the unit and the hop arm stripped its threads.

Lets see if RS support will provide a replacement. :-/

This as far down as my hop will go, aka fark all:

wixcwj.jpg

Main crack at the front, there is also a smaller one to the right:

xclovk.jpg

Finally, the hop arm. Most of the threads stripped:

2a4yecj.jpg

Well, either RS quality has hit a nose dive or Im just very unlucky.

Which is a shame as my 97B was awesome.

The SVD is awesome too, really dont know what happend there.

Thanks for the pics! My SVD still looks and shoots perfect .. after almost 4k rounds on 2,4j.

Maybe there was some dirt on the hu threads wich grinded them down?

And the Cracks .. normal use couldnt cause such demage... strange and uncommon for a RS gun...

From handling a mate's RS SVD, we've noticed that with such a freaking long barrel, the only thing to get this beauty accuracy is for it to shoot above 1.5 joules. We tried putting in an M100, with everything stock, and accuracy was pants. Put the stock spring back, shoots *****ing hot, but straight, extremely extremely straight. And far. And this is with a polished stock barrel.

From handling a mate's RS SVD, we've noticed that with such a freaking long barrel, the only thing to get this beauty accuracy is for it to shoot above 1.5 joules. We tried putting in an M100, with everything stock, and accuracy was pants. Put the stock spring back, shoots *****ing hot, but straight, extremely extremely straight. And far. And this is with a polished stock barrel.

With a Guarder SP90 (350fps, hop off) and everything stock the accuracy is pretty average.

Consistency is very very good but with .25`s it takes too much hop to get them to fly far, losing too much fps.

I better hop rubber should sort this however. (When the guarder clear worked, the range and accuracy was fantastic).

• 3 weeks later...

Well got a new hop, trying to install today but have come across a problem.

I cannot get the (new) hop unit on to the barrel. It keeps dragging or bunching up the hop rubber along the way.

Tried lubing it with silicone spray but that doesn't help much. Tolerances are a bit silly.

Anyone know how to get around this issue?

Seriously considering glueing the rubber to the barrel at this rate.

Well got a new hop, trying to install today but have come across a problem.

I cannot get the (new) hop unit on to the barrel. It keeps dragging or bunching up the hop rubber along the way.

Tried lubing it with silicone spray but that doesn't help much. Tolerances are a bit silly.

Anyone know how to get around this issue?

Seriously considering glueing the rubber to the barrel at this rate.

I managed to re-assemble realsword original hop-up and rubber with lots of water and twisting of barrel.

One time, putting the rubber into the hop-up unit and then putting the barrel into the rubber also worked.

Edited by adadqgg
  • 1 month later...