i did that too with an energy steel teeth piston. changed the motor to a stronger magnet a&k. i placed a systema psg-1 400% spring lets see how long my set up lasts.

oh it shoots 597 fps @ .25

Beautiful gun, you do need to add a lens cover though, a cracked lens is no joke.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, from yesterday i have my own RS SVD :), im just want say, that one of my friend, he hase a one off 1st pieces in europe, he runs it long time on 160 spring with standart battery and without any cause of damage...nice accurate.

Real Sword makes a M170 spring specifically for the SVD that is really easy to install. I wouldn't like to run it with standard motor, but with upgraded motor + mosfet (SW-AB-LONG) + 11.1V 1400mah lipo its cycling nicely, sounds healthy and doesnt get stuck.

Before purchasing the RS M170 Ive tried with an normal Systema M150 spring and its was a true beast to install.

Oh and it shoots just a bit under 190 m/s with 0.2gr

Edited by Veilstrup
  • 1 month later...

The RS SVD takes regular AEG springs, right? Like a Madbull M150 would work?

Yeah it will work, but you migth want to take a M160/M170 spring and cut it down to make it easier to install. All the AEG springs I had laying around (Systema M110, M120,M140,M150, PDI 170%, 190%, Element M140,M145,M150) are so long that it makes them hard to install and are resting in s curve which is prob. not a good thing ...

If you go for the cutting down approach you might want to use Element springs as they are dirt cheap (3£ or so).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After seing mine for the firs time i was abit dissapointed from the overal look!! The first gun with real wood that I've owned before the RS SVD is the Asahi WA2000 and from what I've read on the net I thought that's going to be equal or even better (The Asahi was made back in 1993). I haven't seen anything that matt and that black in my life not even when I was in the Army!! Comparing the color with a Classic Army M15 , that matt black seems..... poor!!! The woodn parts on the other hand beautifully crafted but they are sooo glossy and you have a gun with matt black metal parts and very glossy wooden parts! But it's well built no wobble no mater how hard you shake it.

Thats what dissapointed me first too.

But after all .. its a grat AEG!

And now with an original PSO-1 scope its even better.

I´m in love with her :)

Here are some decent pics of my RS SVD:

http://team-sas.de/bilder/nook_svd_01.jpg

http://team-sas.de/bilder/nook_svd_02.jpg

(AK-Sling and Buttpad are incomming)

Edit:

YEEEE, first post!

Edited by NookieOne

Where can I find a POSP in Europe? I've found one in France but I'd like to have options!

It's imposible go import from outside EU.

PS The Asahi WA2000 is by far the best gun that I own and it has the best quality that I've seen even if I compare it to real steel guns( and I've handled quite a few)!!!

Thanks

George

Edited by wolfgeorge
  • 2 weeks later...

its a pitty they changed to the matt black finish ( does anyone know if they changed the finish on the type 56 and 56-1 at all? ) i was lucky enough to pick up one of the original with a gloss finish

I saw a newish Type 56-1 and it looked more like matte grey...

WHAT THE F**K? Seriously...

Someone need to email RS about this.

yeah I think they stopped bluing them I guess,

I think maybe has something to do with the cost of the treatment, delay in production,...several reasons I guess

Powdercoating them is a lot faster to keep up with demand.

It's truly the best gun I have, a type 56 full stock, and I am glad I got one which is completely blued

The insides will be just as great, but a real shame for whomever wants a good external finish...

• 2 weeks later...

RS sent out new batches of their SVD's and they are back in stock at Redwolf but also with a price increase :flamed:. Any reason as to why? Even with the scope, it is still a little pricey at $876 (oh dear god....) shipped to the US. If I recall correctly, the first batch SVD's with the scope were like ~$500 shipped.

RS sent out new batches of their SVD's and they are back in stock at Redwolf but also with a price increase :flamed:. Any reason as to why? Even with the scope, it is still a little pricey at $876 (oh dear god....) shipped to the US. If I recall correctly, the first batch SVD's with the scope were like ~$500 shipped.

The first batch were either preorder discount or ~$700 something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone in the UK downgraded their to about 350fps?

My local site only allows 350fps for ALL weapons, would be interesting to see how the SVD holds up with lower power.

One of my friends at a local site uses his at 370fps (the limit for AEGs) even though the semi-auto only AEG limit is 420fps.

It does very well, like a big assault rifle with excellent accuracy.

One of my friends at a local site uses his at 370fps (the limit for AEGs) even though the semi-auto only AEG limit is 420fps.

It does very well, like a big assault rifle with excellent accuracy.

Cool, still very tempted to pick one up.

Yet knowing my luck I will buy one and the RS Type 97 sniper will be released tomorrow.