I have been far to busy as of late to pump reviews out at the steady pace I once did but I plan to try to get 3 out a month. I buy a lot of stuff and would love to tell the masses about my purchases so they can decide if they also need one. As always please comment so I can find areas to improve I do these for you guys not for me.

Background Info

The Weesatch was designed by HSGI to be a similar rig to there very popular Wasatch. It is a tad lighter due to it being able to hold a few less mags 12 vs 10. The pouch in the mesh area at each side of the vest is not there to save on space. There is also no smoke grenade pouch on the side. Aside from this I cant seem to find any major differences.

Features

Front

The Flyye version much like the original is chest rig designed to be able to carry plates in the front and back. It has space for 10 m4 magazines in the front. However the pouches are adjustable using the Velcro to allow other magazines to fit like AK or in my case I had tec9 mags in it for a bit. It apparently can only hold 5 M14 or AK mags due to there thickness and width. Each mag pouch is closed using Velcro and can be opened with a pull on the green tab. I like the tab being a different color because at first when you are getting used to the vest it makes it quick to grab using a bit of glance down. There is a pouch on the right side but due to the magic of Velcro can be moved to the left designed to hold a radio. It was meant for a MBITR but other radios do fit. The radio is held in with an adjustable elastic cord. The mag pouch area has three rows with 12 columns of webbing to add pouches in front if the built in pouches don't hold what you require.

On the bib of the vest there is a pouch that can be opened to store things like a wallet, folded papers etc. The bib pouch is the entire length of the vest so you can put a fair few things in it and with a plate you wont feel any poking you in the chest. The bib can be unsnapped at the top and folded behind the magazine pouch area if need be. The bib has three rows with six columns of webbing to attach an admin pouch or what have you.

The vest comes with shoulder pads that can be removed if you don't like them. I found the shoulder pads to be fairly stiff and hard to secure in place. They moved around a lot and I got pretty annoyed with them as the day progressed. Not that they were not comfortable just that they would have been more comfortable in the place they were meant to be.

Back

The back of the vest is also designed to take a plate carrier or you could drop a hydration bladder in there if you did not need a plate. It has 6 rows with 7 columns of webbing on the back. I used these to secure a MBSS carrier to the back so I could use it for hydration and as built in back pack. It has a buddy handle that is securely stitched to the top of the vest.

Workmanship

Now if you have read my previous threads on the Flyye gear I have had I was slightly upset with quality control. Some of the gear had very off kilter stitches and a not to spec stitch job on one of the molle webbing channels causing pouches to not be attached in that spot. Thankfully it seems they have stepped up there QC by a lot and I have no faults with the vest. The stitching is good and the UTX buckles and snaps all worked great. The vest is also made using 1000d genuine Multicam Cordura. The only minor thing I can say I wish the Multicam and Cordura tags were stitched to the inside of the vest rather then the outside where its visible.

Conclusion

All in all I am fairly happy with this vest its cheaper then the real deal and performs great. There is now a Flyye distributor in Canada if you want to buy in Country.

Pictures

First off let me say these were very hastily taken on a trip home so they are fairly sloppy and not as adjusted as I would like. Velcro isn't put together straight etc. Other then that the vest is fairly simple and the pictures can give you a good idea of the vest. On with the pictures.

wee1.jpg

A shot of the entire front of the vest

wee2.jpg

Closeup of the mag pouches

wee3.jpg

The back of the vest

wee4.jpg

Inside of the front of the vest

wee5.jpg

Inside of the rear of the vest