Comparing CIRAS

smokenghosts

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Multicam EI CIRAS, and a CB EI CIRAS. They're good quality kit, but personally I hands down favor my EI PC w/ cummerbund. Everything I want out of the CIRAS with a lot less weight and only 1/3 the cost.

It looks very similar to the CIRAS, has a buttload of real estate, and after wearing it 3 days straight is easier on fatigue than the CIRAS.

I'm 5'7" about 170+/- lbs. The EI PC in Small/Medium should meet your needs.

My 2 cents. ;)

Thanks for pointing that out RWS. Actually, I'm not 100% positive that the CIRAS shoulder pads won't fit on the EI PC. It may do ... I've just never bothered trying, and the MLCS Shoulder Pads are a lot cheaper than the CIRAS counterparts.

Here's the Eagle MLCS Should Pad Set in Khaki with a pic so you can see what they look like. You simply unbuckle the shoulder straps, slip the pads on, then rebuckle it up.

gallery_29472_1546_41678.jpgskullfacetrainingdaytan.jpg

Personally, everything I've ever needed to fit on my CIRAS I've been able to fit on my PC w/ cummerbund.

Do you have any idea if the cummerbund attaches similar to the vest that scooberoo posted? My issue with that PC was that I had to wrap the cummerbund around my whole body leaving no space for the velcro, and making the elastic material cover the side of my body. I called my local retail store but like I assumed they don't carry any Eagle Vests because of price, size, and color. So no way to try one on there.

Email SKD and explain that you are interested in a EPC but you are unsure how it will fit, I was going to do the same but with a CIRAS and they were open to me returning it if it didn't fit well. PM if you want me to go into more detail.

Give me a exsample of what pouches(gear) you carry with land version and what if you go maritime

Need to haul a lot of stuff? Go Land.

Don't need to haul a ton of stuff? Go Maritime.

I use a MAR-CIRAS. Plenty of real-estate for my needs.

Because if the same isues when comes buying a eagle industrie ciras as you i did some diggin to and ask skdtc the following questions

Dear sir,

I am interrested in buying a eagle industries ciras land vest but there are some questions

1)could you provide me with a picture that shows the difference between a OD and ranger green?

http://www.skdtac.com/ProductImages/1eagle...le.color.a3.jpg

2)How do i determine the correct size ciras vest

It is based on the balcs soft armor panel size- what size chest are you in inches?

3)Is it possible to get a discount?

Not at this time. We have extremely competitive pricing and excellent service. The CIRAS seldom goes on sale. Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To answer question number 2 my chest in inches is 42

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would recommend a Medium, although some would tell you to go with the Large. The CIRAS is a high-mobility armor system, so the trade-off is protection. The Medium will give you more mobility and less of a barrier to establishing a good two-handed pistol grip. Thanks-

SKD Support

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you tell me what units in the US use this ciras vest?

The Maritime CIRAS was issued to US SOCCOM units. There are units that wear the Land CIRAS, but I do not know which. Thank you-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this was just a small part of the correspondens i did with skdtac-support still havent desided what to bay

SKD Support

Archived