Completely CNC'ed Ares AW338

L85FREAK

CNC parts are stronger (if from billet), and they look nicer; the latter being more important. (this is airsoft remember :lol: )

I'm concern about the weight. I know the original .338 is heavy, I have used it serveral times. Does CNC gonna give it extra weight? I can't skirmish with that thing if it's even heavier and worst, I'm not sure the sling swivel can handle the weight. If it breaks, then my heart is broken :(

how much does that cost? and what difference does "CNC" gonna make? I heard a lot people bragging their airsoft toys are made by CNC but I've no idea what that means. It looks pretty tempting though, and I was planning to have a L96ish rifle anyway. 5 stars :)

here you go

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNC

basically the parts are milled out of 1 piece of alloy. It takes a lot of precision to produce. But that's up to machines now.

The cheaper way of making parts is with molds, you know, die casting. ;)

So will the scope be as *suitcase*-y as the MAR on their TAR21? And will bits of the gun start falling off by itself before you even touch it? Maybe you could snipe with this gun when it decides to spit some bit of its insides out at high speeds towards yr target along with the BB?

the scope is excluded punkypink ;)

if you want a good one, take the King arms one (about 80 us$) (altough the scope is a .308 one, not a 338 ;) )

No scope? Probabaly because they designed one then realised that it was *suitcase*.

Edit: Oh wait, that can't be. Since when have Star witheld any product from the market because it was *suitcase*.

No possible upgrade path at all? - Check.

Poor performance? - Check.

Buy a Tanaka instead? - Check.

Tanaka are not bankrupt AFAIK, and they do an L96 as well as the AICS.

Also, I don't know why all you people suddenly respect the magical 'ARES' for slapping a huge price tag on what are essentially *suitcase* STAR guns, with the no customer support, no aftermarket parts support, bits falling off, poorly casted parts, etc.

Ben.

Archived